This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Neil View Post
    I would of still had my 2nd gen if it hadn't been for the major amounts of rust she had in the back.
    Couldn't you had cut the rusted metal out and welded in new metal?

Originally posted by TRaNz
    yeee, coz RainbowDash is the bestest. its fun combing its hair and tail isnt it? =P
    They had an Accord Euro meet.....had to show face and you know.....win some respect....and gain exp points to unlock a new sector along with tier 3 vinyl and decals. =D

Comment

• Originally posted by Mr Von Smack View Post
      Couldn't you had cut the rusted metal out and welded in new metal?
      It was far too big and their was also some rust going through the chassis too.

I am really broke with far too many ideas.

Comment

• Hmm, well couldn't the chassis be repaired? I've heard cutting rusted metal away, and welding new metal of the same shape and thickness CAN reduce the structural integrity, but if it's done correctly, it doesn't. What did you actually do with the 2nd Gen though?

yeee, coz RainbowDash is the bestest. its fun combing its hair and tail isnt it? =P
        They had an Accord Euro meet.....had to show face and you know.....win some respect....and gain exp points to unlock a new sector along with tier 3 vinyl and decals. =D

Comment

Hmm, well couldn't the chassis be repaired? I've heard cutting rusted metal away, and welding new metal of the same shape and thickness CAN reduce the structural integrity, but if it's done correctly, it doesn't. What did you actually do with the 2nd Gen though?
          It would of cost me alot.
          I could of just got a clean 2nd Gen for the amount it would of cost.
          It ended up getting sold to a fellow 2nd Gen owner for parts.

Comment

• hai
            Floccinaucinihilipilification

Comment

• Originally posted by P78 View Post
              hai
              Hello Pascal.

Comment

• yesterday i felt artsy

Floccinaucinihilipilification

Comment

It would of cost me alot.
                  I could of just got a clean 2nd Gen for the amount it would of cost.
                  It ended up getting sold to a fellow 2nd Gen owner for parts.
                  At least it was put to a good use. I **** hearing about great cars being crashed or slowly die due to problems that arise.

Comment

At least it was put to a good use. I **** hearing about great cars being crashed or slowly die due to problems that arise.
                    Yeah I really **** that too.
                    He didn't use much of the body but he used the full interior and the driveline.
                    Since the interior was mint and the driveline had less then 110,xxx kms on it.

Comment

Yeah I really **** that too.
                      He didn't use much of the body but he used the full interior and the driveline.
                      Since the interior was mint and the driveline had less then 110,xxx kms on it.
                      Nice! So it had a driveline swap at some point during its life?

Comment

Nice! So it had a driveline swap at some point during its life?
                        Nope 100% original.
                        Factory B20A1 and 5 Speed Manuel.

Comment

Nope 100% original.
                          Factory B20A1 and 5 Speed Manuel.
                          Oh nice. Too bad about the rust though, would have made a great car.

Comment

Oh nice. Too bad about the rust though, would have made a great car.
                            It would of but oh well.
                            It only cost me $400, it had been sitting uncovered for about 6 years, put a new battery and some clean fuel in it and it started right up.
                            Ended up selling it for $900.
                            If I had the time and money I would buy another 2nd Gen in a heart beat.

Comment

It would of but oh well.
                              It only cost me $400, it had been sitting uncovered for about 6 years, put a new battery and some clean fuel in it and it started right up.
                              Ended up selling it for $900.
                              If I had the time and money I would buy another 2nd Gen in a heart beat.
                              Do it man! Once you get your R31 up and running, sell the Falcon and buy one.

Comment

Do it man! Once you get your R31 up and running, sell the Falcon and buy one.
                                With the R31 im going to get it regoed then it will be going back off the road so I can do the suspension, engine, front end and the other stuff I want to do to it.

Comment

Working...
                                X