This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Han View Post
    I've been in a few. I think I enjoy trying to rock the car back and forth from hanging on the cage the most

I'm just curious how much it actually stiffens up the chassis. I'm sure that's all relative to how many connecting points there are on the chassis itself, i.e. 4 pt cage, 6 pt cage, etc.

The Kia has been parted.

Comment

• Originally posted by andybob View Post

I'm just curious how much it actually stiffens up the chassis. I'm sure that's all relative to how many connecting points there are on the chassis itself, i.e. 4 pt cage, 6 pt cage, etc.
      I've never been in one that hasn't then a cage later. So I have no idea. But I plan to know in a couple of months after I get my cage done.
      Originally posted by Jesus Christ
      if "life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness" doesnt include being able to buy a huge veiny motherfucker then the declaration of independence isnt worth the hemp it was written on.
      Originally posted by Jedidiah
      he speaks the truth.. he doesn't even have the -- -- eyes.

Comment

• Originally posted by Han View Post
        I've never been in one that hasn't then a cage later. So I have no idea. But I plan to know in a couple of months after I get my cage done.
        Sweet jesus your car is going to be awesome.

The Kia has been parted.

Comment

Sweet jesus your car is going to be awesome.
          Thanks man, I hope so!
          if "life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness" doesnt include being able to buy a huge veiny motherfucker then the declaration of independence isnt worth the hemp it was written on.

Comment

• I want a car

I may not buy a house this year and just rent a condo with a garage.
            Originally posted by Oxer
            people are such stupid cunts.
            fuck everybody.
            listen to me carefully, go fuck yourself and never come back here again
            Originally posted by Dudermagee
            You're stupid.

Comment

• I want to rent a 2 bay garage with a little living space attached. No house about it.

Comment

• What's up everybody.

Comment

• Nothing much in the boonies. I'm about to run to the store for some late night cosmic brownies.

Comment

• Fuck, brownies sound so good right now.

Comment

• I'm making pot roast. Only 3 and a half hours left.

Comment

• Originally posted by jdel View Post
                        I want a car

I may not buy a house this year and just rent a condo with a garage.
                        Originally posted by Samuel L. Jackson View Post
                        I want to rent a 2 bay garage with a little living space attached. No house about it.
                        I'm thinking of selling up the cars and wheels and buying a house at the end of the year.

Then there are 2 options:
                        1. Rent the house out and continue living at home. Renting will cover almost half the mortgage repayments, so I would be able to pay more money out quicker at the start to drop the loan amount.
                        Then move into the house once I'm 28
                        With this option all I have to do is pay the mortgage and the council land rates. Bills are paid by the renter.
                        Downside, there will be more tax due to the renting income

2. Live in the house and Rent out the spare rooms to friends.
                        With this option the rent off the friends would only make up about 1/4-1/3 of the mortgage repayments. I'd still have to pay land rates, but would also need to pay for my part of the bill share.
                        Upside, as long as I rent the rooms out to close friends, no tax man needs to know of it, so no extra tax.
                        Drinking Enthusiast with a Car Problem

Comment

All motor civic builds sound like so much fun.

I want to ride in a properly caged car in racing buckets just to see what it's like though. Never been in a caged car.
                          Originally posted by 180roman View Post
                          I'm thinking of selling up the cars and wheels and buying a house at the end of the year.

1. Rent the house out and continue living at home. Renting will cover almost half the mortgage repayments, so I would be able to pay more money out quicker at the start to drop the loan amount.
                          With this option all I have to do is pay the mortgage and the council land rates. Bills are paid by the renter.

With this option the rent off the friends would only make up about 1/4-1/3 of the mortgage repayments. I'd still have to pay land rates, but would also need to pay for my part of the bill share.
                          Upside, as long as I rent the rooms out to close friends, no tax man needs to know of it, so no extra tax.
                          Fuck the tax man. I owe damn near 500 dollars to put a new car on the road in my name for the first time.

Comment

• Originally posted by 180roman View Post

Option 1 sounds the best, but then again, it depends how much you'll get taxed, then you'll just have to weigh up which is better financially.

Originally posted by TRaNz
                            yeee, coz RainbowDash is the bestest. its fun combing its hair and tail isnt it? =P
                            Originally posted by TRaNz
                            They had an Accord Euro meet.....had to show face and you know.....win some respect....and gain exp points to unlock a new sector along with tier 3 vinyl and decals. =D

Comment

• My main issue is insurance. If I move to WV, I pay more for the commute and I have to use a different health insurance plan for ER. If I stay in MD for another year, get a pay raise and save some money, we could theoretically buy at the beginning of next year.
                              Originally posted by Oxer
                              people are such stupid cunts.
                              fuck everybody.
                              listen to me carefully, go fuck yourself and never come back here again
                              Originally posted by Dudermagee
                              You're stupid.

Comment

• Originally posted by Samuel L. Jackson View Post
                                Fuck the tax man. I owe damn near 500 dollars to put a new car on the road in my name for the first time.
                                You think thats bad, I pay $650 every year for registration

Originally posted by Mr Von Smack View Post
                                Option 1 sounds the best, but then again, it depends how much you'll get taxed, then you'll just have to weigh up which is better financially.
                                Yeah really depends on the tax amount for rental income, I need to investigate it a bit more.
                                It seems I can write off a lot of rent expenses as deductions though
                                Drinking Enthusiast with a Car Problem

Comment

Working...
                                X