Comment

• Originally posted by SeanDub View Post
      First day back to work after 12 off fuckin sucks
      yup, i feel you
      Floccinaucinihilipilification

Comment

• Originally posted by MommysLittleMonster View Post
        This one.

Looking to upgrade, I want something newer. Scary-fast is only fun for so long.
        That is a good looking F3.

We did our test and tune last weekend, My Bro's Mach Z has been suffering from an over oiling issue, turns out a worn throttle cable was not shutting off the old pump fast enough causing it to bog big times.

My old girl has not ran in 2 years, and it was stored with no gas, so the primer decide to stop working, So I'm hoping with super fingers crossed once the new plunger is installed we will be off and going.

And we have been keeping tabs on the lake and we figure there will be enough ice by the weekend for some "higher" speed test runs before the trails open up.

Comment

• Originally posted by MommysLittleMonster View Post
          This sled would kill you. No, I'm not joking.

There is such a large part of me that is screaming to keep it and retro-build it.

Retrofit some XCR front shocks and springs up front, lengthen the steering rods and control rods, modify the front swaybar, and add some floater skis to keep it steady.

It's been done, and it's not terribly difficult..
          Lol i know. Thats why i asked what a beginner should start with.
          Dude... My nissan has like a v8, man.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dudermagee View Post
            Any thing Bombardier and Fan cooled will be an excellent starter sled, they are reliable as a hammer, easy to work on and light to move around in case you get stuck or anything.

Then it gives you a good feel of the sport to decide if you enjoy it and move on to something bigger or go else were's for fun.

I know a ton of people that love the idea of snowmobiling, but once they get out there and realize that its cold, and that snowmobiles can break down or get stuck, and they bail.

It is a sport not designed for little wussy girls.

Comment

• Originally posted by Z.Cockburn View Post
              Any thing Bombardier and Fan cooled will be an excellent starter sled, they are reliable as a hammer, easy to work on and light to move around in case you get stuck or anything.

Then it gives you a good feel of the sport to decide if you enjoy it and move on to something bigger or go else were's for fun.

I know a ton of people that love the idea of snowmobiling, but once they get out there and realize that its cold, and that snowmobiles can break down or get stuck, and they bail.

It is a sport not designed for little wussy girls.
              A rev 550 would be perfect for him. Light, decently quick, and a fun sled to ride. We have one and when I ride that's what I'm on. It's a little slow for me but for a beginner it's a perfect sled.

The Kia has been parted.

Comment

• For sure,

I was thinking and older Safari or a Fan cooled SC-10 chassis for cost reasons..lol

But yeah a 550 Rev would be a sick trail sled.

Comment

• Originally posted by Z.Cockburn View Post
                  For sure,

I was thinking and older Safari or a Fan cooled SC-10 chassis for cost reasons..lol

But yeah a 550 Rev would be a sick trail sled.
                  Only thing with the safari's is the narrow ski stance up front. I think it'd be a little tippy on the trails when riding hard.

The Kia has been parted.

Comment

• Yo yo yo. Got a box of donuts for the morning.

Comment

• Originally posted by andybob View Post
                      Only thing with the safari's is the narrow ski stance up front. I think it'd be a little tippy on the trails when riding hard.
                      Yeah, prefect for learning how to ride a snowmobile.

Teaches one how to lean, it will just make you a better rider once you get into something with a wider stance.

I love riding my old citation, the fact it is so tippy makes it a blast in deep snow or bush whacking.

Comment

• Originally posted by andybob View Post
                        That'd be cool. That's a 600 right?

I had an 01 MXZ 600 and that thing was a land rocket. Only thing we ever did to it was re-jet it a little leaner as from the factory they are rich as hell.

My pops has an 03 600HO Rev and that thing is also super quick. He's done a bit of clutch work and carb work though.

600's are such a perfect motor if you're not out on lakes much. I rode an 800 XP Renegade is it was scary fast in the trails. Pin the flipper to the bars and it would keep the skis off the ground until you let off. Retarded amounts of power.

Hopefully I'll have sleds as I get older. Trying to save up for a house right now.
                        Yup, mine's the 600 triple.

This thing pulls like a fucking freight train, I have yet to ride another sled that has the stupid amounts of oomph. Then again, I have yet to try anything above a 700cc. My dad's '06 Venom can't hold a candle to it, every time we race I pull 2-3 sled lengths.

Originally posted by Z.Cockburn View Post
                        That is a good looking F3.

We did our test and tune last weekend, My Bro's Mach Z has been suffering from an over oiling issue, turns out a worn throttle cable was not shutting off the old pump fast enough causing it to bog big times.

My old girl has not ran in 2 years, and it was stored with no gas, so the primer decide to stop working, So I'm hoping with super fingers crossed once the new plunger is installed we will be off and going.

And we have been keeping tabs on the lake and we figure there will be enough ice by the weekend for some "higher" speed test runs before the trails open up.

[IMG]http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y291/wrightjoel/photo-1_zps30b92c6f.jpg[IMG]
                        No shit, glad to see I'm not alone in the ZX chassis sleds. That over-oiling issue is common, as is under-oiling. Check your oil feed lines, they like to dry-rot, crack, and leak- I'm lucky I caught mine after riding it for a year. I wasn't far from a total meltdown.
                        Originally posted by Dudermagee View Post
                        You sould start with a Polaris Indy 340.
                        Originally posted by andybob View Post
                        Pff, perfect way to learn.

The first sled I ever had was a '76 Arctic Cat Lynx. Then I made my way to an '87 Enticer 340, then a '95 ZR580, then up to my current FIII. I really, really want an Edge chassis sled, but mine is so fast it's terrifying.
                        BB6 Prelude . . E36 ///M3 . . VA WRX Limited . . 1969 Nova
                        Originally posted by Ollie
                        We all love to turn heads. Sub-consciously we're all materialistic attention-craving dickheads.

Comment

• Thanks
                          think ill start looking
                          Dude... My nissan has like a v8, man.

Comment

• Wow, lucky,

Yeah the Mach Z only has 900 km's on it, and the guy that owned it before my brother had more money then brains, The motor has a very nice Port and polish job from a very good shop in our area, full Jaws pipes and some clutching upgrades but the machine was not set up at all, so he is still working out all kinds of little bugs.

I rode it last year when it was foiling up a bit and had some other issues and it scared the chit out of me..And it still did 127 mph on a gun in 2000 ft

I told him I have no interest in riding it once its running right..lol

he just smiles and says that's what he paid for lol.

Comment

• I rode an artic cat t660 turbo (one of their earlier 4 stroke sleds) and believe it or not that thing was fun. Once that turbo got spooling, you had better make sure you were hanging on tight.

I still think the fastest sled I ever rode was the XP 800 Renegade, followed by an F7. I'm not a cat guy but damn were those F7's brutally fast.

Sled that surprised me the most; Yamaha Phazer 4 stroke. Sounded like a 4 wheeler, had enough low end torque to pull a house off its foundation, and since it had the Ohlin's shocks, it was more than fun in the mogules.

Sled I wish I could have ridden, 05 440 roller with an 800 open mod motor. 1.75" lugs, clutch, geared, piped, heads, the whole 9 yards. Guy built it for a customer and the customer didn't want it. He took it out in a field and to just watch the guy ride it was impressive. I'll always remember the sounds that thing made. Crazy sled.
                              Last edited by andybob; 01-03-2013, 10:39 AM.

The Kia has been parted.

Comment

• Morning all.

Comment

Working...
                                X