X
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kendrick is on some stupid tracks, but his own stuff if you actually listen to what he is saying, it's real. He raps about what his life was, it took me a while to see it, but once you understand where he came from, the music has a whole new meaning. It all makes a lot more sense.
    - Kielan (Key-lin)

Comment

• lolblackpeople
      Dude... My nissan has like a v8, man.

Comment

• Typical dudeman.
        - Kielan (Key-lin)

Comment

• Originally posted by Kielan View Post
          Kendrick is on some stupid tracks, but his own stuff if you actually listen to what he is saying, it's real. He raps about what his life was, it took me a while to see it, but once you understand where he came from, the music has a whole new meaning. It all makes a lot more sense.
          I tried. I really did. I gave the new album two listens and still couldn't get into it. It's not that I think he's generic. I feel like the stuff that was put out was. He sounds like if he made a Mixtape it would be great, but the newest album is just generic rap.
          Originally posted by Oxer
          people are such stupid cunts.
          fuck everybody.
          Originally posted by Jesus Christ
          listen to me carefully, go fuck yourself and never come back here again
          Originally posted by Dudermagee
          You're stupid.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kielan View Post
            Typical dudeman.
            you know it bb

Comment

• I listened to atmosphere, Jedi mind tricks and stuff like that when I was in middle and high school, so I still have a hard time listening to "generic" rap. Stuff like gambino, chiddy bang, XV, and macklemore is interesting to me because they don't try as hard to be what gets played on the radio. They just want to make damn good music and in some cases (gambino) some funny shit.
              fuck everybody.
              You're stupid.

Comment

• I love Macklemore.

Comment

• Originally posted by Minuki View Post
                  I love Macklemore.
                  He has some of the most meaningful "white kid" music I've heard in a while. I absolutely love that he brings up how weird it is being white and trying to rap.
                  fuck everybody.
                  You're stupid.

Comment

• dats pretty good

Comment

• Originally posted by jdel View Post
                      I listened to atmosphere, Jedi mind tricks and stuff like that when I was in middle and high school, so I still have a hard time listening to "generic" rap. Stuff like gambino, chiddy bang, XV, and macklemore is interesting to me because they don't try as hard to be what gets played on the radio. They just want to make damn good music and in some cases (gambino) some funny shit.
                      Gambino is my favorite rapper of the moment, been listening for close to 2 years now. Macklemore is as always incredible, I got into otherside 2 years ago as well, haven't stopped listening since, JMT, AOTP, are a little on the hardcore side for me, but I dig em.

I'm surprised you can say that you like Chiddy Bang, but don't like Kendrick, Chiddy's shit is extremely catchy but holds nothing to it. I can see what you mean about Kendrick coming across as being generic, but like I said it really does take closer listening to really get it. Like Swimming Pools, sounds like a party song, complete and total opposite. Money Trees speaks for itself. Idk I used to be the same way, but then I really gave it a listen last week, now I'm hooked.
                      - Kielan (Key-lin)

Comment

• I'ma curveball the shit outta y'all's fav artists with Lana Del Rey.

Comment

• I'm hooked
                          [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QK8mJJJvaes"]MACKLEMORE & RYAN LEWIS - THRIFT SHOP FEAT. WANZ (OFFICIAL VIDEO) - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

• Originally posted by jdel View Post
                            He has some of the most meaningful "white kid" music I've heard in a while. I absolutely love that he brings up how weird it is being white and trying to rap.
                            Yeah, I noticed that too. Pretty sure I listened to the "Otherside" for like a straight week

Comment

• Originally posted by coconutt View Post
                              I'ma curveball the shit outta y'all's fav artists with Lana Del Rey.
                              Not a fan.
                              - Kielan (Key-lin)

Comment

• Originally posted by coconutt View Post
                                I'ma curveball the shit outta y'all's fav artists with Lana Del Rey.
                                She fucking came up as a suggestion on Youtube when I was listening to Frank Ocean

Comment

Working...
                                X