This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Kielan View Post
    Do it up man you have got talent, just keep at it, I could see you going far with it.
    I'm trying but I'm just another artist who doesn't finish the work when you're like 60% done and then you start another, and repeat the process. It's just something I do. I don't think I've actually finished some pieces that could have been a work of art. Like those 2 drawings I showed you, the S14 and AE86 one? I haven't done shit to em since then and they were on a large piece of paper. It would've been a cool, framed poster or something
    |My Blog|flickr| Currently own: '96 S-10, and '97 Maxima; Soon to own: '95 S14

Originally posted by DuWerk
    Drama you are like god
    Originally posted by SwearBear
    Lol, yes its a 5 speed manuel. I **** automatic >.< And just because its a kia doesnt mean it doesnt have guts or power. 273whp with extreamly very little done to it like less then $100 done to it.

Comment

• Originally posted by wheelfetish View Post
      Id hook you up for sure lol.

I know I can pull a shop off. Its just im terrified that ill open up then have no business and bankrupt within a year. Like ill be 21, starting my own business fresh out of school. 80% sure tho that its what I want to do.
      Damn man, if you gave me like 4 years I would definitely go into this with you.
      Originally posted by Drama View Post
      I'm trying but I'm just another artist who doesn't finish the work when you're like 60% done and then you start another, and repeat the process. It's just something I do. I don't think I've actually finished some pieces that could have been a work of art. Like those 2 drawings I showed you, the S14 and AE86 one? I haven't done shit to em since then and they were on a large piece of paper. It would've been a cool, framed poster or something
      But see those are some of the best artists, when they just let their stuff sit, then one day go back to it, and its some of the best stuff you have ever seen. I know you have the talent, and if you had the motivation (in this case $$$), you would definitely finish them. I know you man you can definitely do this.
      - Kielan (Key-lin)

Comment

• Originally posted by Drama View Post
        wow. Thats wack. I think I might just go the artistic route
        then you gotta think about it like this. 95% of the time youll get a job, find the problem, fix it within a hour and do another car while your fixing the other one. So job 1 pays 5 hours, job 2 pays 2 hours. You did both jobs in an hour so youll get paid 7 hours when you only worked 1. I know people who work mon-friday 9 to 5 and get paid for 100+ hours a week. So if you get paid $28/hour (starting wage of a tech with all his ase) and turned 105 hours that week, you just made $2940 that week before taxes.

-Dan

Comment

But see those are some of the best artists, when they just let their stuff sit, then one day go back to it, and its some of the best stuff you have ever seen. I know you have the talent, and if you had the motivation (in this case $$$), you would definitely finish them. I know you man you can definitely do this.
          True dat man. I've been paid to do drawing but sometimes I never complete em. Like my dad's good friend; he gave me $20 to do a drawing of the Lakers logo.. I didn't even complete it. I still owe him one. Then some guy, here on SW, offered me some money (last year) to draw a '00 integra slammed with some TE37-v's or something. I started but never finished.

when I have free time, I'm gonna do these for sure

Drama you are like god
          Lol, yes its a 5 speed manuel. I **** automatic >.< And just because its a kia doesnt mean it doesnt have guts or power. 273whp with extreamly very little done to it like less then $100 done to it.

Comment

• Just set your mind to it, you'll get shit done. I know you will, when you want something you will not stop till you get it, like your camera haha.
            - Kielan (Key-lin)

Comment

• Originally posted by wheelfetish View Post
              then you gotta think about it like this. 95% of the time youll get a job, find the problem, fix it within a hour and do another car while your fixing the other one. So job 1 pays 5 hours, job 2 pays 2 hours. You did both jobs in an hour so youll get paid 7 hours when you only worked 1. I know people who work mon-friday 9 to 5 and get paid for 100+ hours a week. So if you get paid $28/hour (starting wage of a tech with all his ase) and turned 105 hours that week, you just made $2940 that week before taxes.
              good point....hmmmm. I wonder if I can do both maybe? one during school and the other after?

damn, 500 error..

Drama you are like god

Comment

Just set your mind to it, you'll get shit done. I know you will, when you want something you will not stop till you get it, like your camera haha.
                lmao yes that was very true. You got me there. Shit's getting done then, soon.

Drama you are like god

Comment

Damn man, if you gave me like 4 years I would definitely go into this with you.
                  I gotta talk to my family about this. Do some "fake" shopping for buildings, insurance, suppliers, ect. If everything goes good, get some business cards and stickers and start hitting all the major car shows to promote.

-Dan

Comment

• Originally posted by Drama View Post
                    lmao yes that was very true. You got me there. Shit's getting done then, soon.

Originally posted by wheelfetish View Post
                    I gotta talk to my family about this. Do some "fake" shopping for buildings, insurance, suppliers, ect. If everything goes good, get some business cards and stickers and start hitting all the major car shows to promote.
                    Do it up man, if you need someone to help promote your shop, hit me up, I am always more than willing to help out a friend.
                    - Kielan (Key-lin)

Comment

• i **** staying up because i have to study for a bio test....damnit
                      Dope Shit - http://dasis300.wordpress.com/

Fan page - http://www.facebook.com/pages/Cool-C...?v=wall&ref=ts

Comment

Do it up man, if you need someone to help promote your shop, hit me up, I am always more than willing to help out a friend.
                        Well, ill need a adress, phone number, shop name for the business cards/stickers lol. So what came first? The promotion or the shop haha. And a website would be nice lol.

So, might come up with a name/logo and start a "blog". That way people will follow it and then when the time comes to open up shop, they will be ready you know? Plus I could just put the website url on the business cards/stickers for now and sell some tshirts out of the website for now.

Maybe even do a photoshoot for a promotional ad and accomplice me to all the legit shows this summer? Since I kinda ditched you with h20, my bad. A lot of shit has been going on.

-Dan

Comment

• I'm down with helping you with whatever man, I love doing all that shit. And this summer the plan is to go to tons of shows, SoWo, IA, you name it.
                          - Kielan (Key-lin)

Comment

• defiantly. If you have a connect with any printing service that be rad. Print some business cards, stickers, tshirts. Ill pay for it all of course, but maybe you know someone with a hookup?

Even if I start this website to just get the name out and sell some things out of it it would be rad if you could take pics and write features.

-Dan

Comment

• I think I know some people , and hell yes I will take photos/write features for you.
                              - Kielan (Key-lin)

Comment

• Sweet. Well to get this ball rolling, I need to think of a name for the shop then to start this website. Ill text you if I think of anything catchy lol. Im out, later.

-Dan

Comment

Working...
                                X