This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by wheelfetish View Post
    So UUC kinda fucked me over. The whole "we will send you a stage 2 ltw flywheel kit for the same price for the stage 1 and you will be charged no extra" was as they like to call it a misunderstanding. . My total came to $848 with the stage 1, stainless steel clutch lines, and clutch arm bushings. Now its about $975 for a stage 2, stainless steel clutch lines, and clutch arm bushings. I argued with them today about how I was told I wouldnt be charged extra, but they denied it. Kinda pissed off because now im more over budget for this whole swap. Plus with the stage 1 packaged it came with a clutch alignment tool, and the stage 2 does not. So now I have no tool to even put on the clutch. Tried telling them that and they said to use the OEM shifter since it doubles as a alignment tool. But I dont have the OEM shifter. Ahhhh.

Anyway, going home early tomorrow to get the auto trans out (only have like 10 bolts left then shes free) and to put the clutch pedals in and do the wiring for reverse lights. Im hopeing to start putting everything back together friday/early sat. and have her running by sunday.
    That bloowwwssss.

At least you will be running (hopefully) on Sunday.
    - Kielan (Key-lin)

Comment

• I'll cross my fingers for you Dan

Comment

• Im gonna buy a shirt and slap a big sticker that sats "DRAMA" and on the back "FRISKY NIPPLES" so you guys know which one is me
        |My Blog|flickr| Currently own: '96 S-10, and '97 Maxima; Soon to own: '95 S14

Originally posted by DuWerk
        Drama you are like god
        Originally posted by SwearBear
        Lol, yes its a 5 speed manuel. I **** automatic >.< And just because its a kia doesnt mean it doesnt have guts or power. 273whp with extreamly very little done to it like less then $100 done to it.

Comment

• Originally posted by prodigee View Post
          That bloowwwssss.

At least you will be running (hopefully) on Sunday.
          I got off the phone with the guy thinking I got a stage 2 kit for $799 like he said I would, then the invoice was emailed to me and said otherwise. Its only a $140 over really, but still, I would have liked to be notified by then when I called so it wasn't a surprise. If they would have told me I would have never agreed since Im already a grand over my budget. But its already shipped out and will be here Friday so fuck it I guess. What really grinds my gears is that I asked if I would be charged extra for anything and he told me no. Then I brought that up and was told I was lying. Atleast ill have all the parts at my house by friday so I can get it all done.

Originally posted by .:Heather:. View Post
          I'll cross my fingers for you Dan
          Thanks! It all seams so unreal in my head to have the swap done so soon. Hell I only worked on it for lets say all day last saturday. Im still waiting for the "oh shit" problems to occur.

-Dan

Comment

• Originally posted by wheelfetish View Post
            I got off the phone with the guy thinking I got a stage 2 kit for $799 like he said I would, then the invoice was emailed to me and said otherwise. Its only a $140 over really, but still, I would have liked to be notified by then when I called so it wasn't a surprise. If they would have told me I would have never agreed since Im already a grand over my budget. But its already shipped out and will be here Friday so fuck it I guess. What really grinds my gears is that I asked if I would be charged extra for anything and he told me no. Then I brought that up and was told I was lying. Atleast ill have all the parts at my house by friday so I can get it all done.
            Well fuck those guys. I **** it when companies try and screw you like that.

Originally posted by wheelfetish View Post
            Thanks! It all seams so unreal in my head to have the swap done so soon. Hell I only worked on it for lets say all day last saturday. Im still waiting for the "oh shit" problems to occur.
            Hopefully the oh shit problems will be limited, too like nothing (which is highly unlikely but perhaps lady luck can be on your side?)
            - Kielan (Key-lin)

Comment

Well fuck those guys. I **** it when companies try and screw you like that.

Hopefully the oh shit problems will be limited, too like nothing (which is highly unlikely but perhaps lady luck can be on your side?)
              Thats what I feel like they did. I would have never expected that from a company as big as UUC Motorwerks. Ill probably order from them again because hey, its UUC, but Im going to call and make sure everything is in stock so this wont happen again. I went from basically.

And I pretty much cleared all the oh shit problems I think. Only thing im worried about and will probably happen is the "where the fuck does this go" or "where is that bolt at?" My luck ill start the car and the transmission will just blow up. Then im going to be super pissed.

-Dan

Comment

• And transmission blow up would be interesting to see. More likely would it just falls out after driving 10 feet. The only thing you could do at that point would be .
                - Kielan (Key-lin)

Comment

And transmission blow up would be interesting to see. More likely would it just falls out after driving 10 feet. The only thing you could do at that point would be .
                  Not when I start it up and the flywheel blows through the bell housing and there goes my legs. That would be bad. Mostly worried about pulling out of my drive way. It scrapes the exhaust, trans pan, front sway bar, and support bracket. I usually just wait to hear the sound, then floor it until I get in. Almost positive thats why the 2nd auto trans went out haha

-Dan

Comment

• Well when you put it like the that... yikes.
                    - Kielan (Key-lin)

Comment

Well when you put it like the that... yikes.
                      They make bullet proof bell housings for a reason

Wouldn't that be ironic. Finally do a 5speed swap and as soon as I start it up, the flywheel cuts my legs off.

-Dan

Comment

• That would be terribly ironic, and rather unfortunate.
                        - Kielan (Key-lin)

Comment

That would be terribly ironic, and rather unfortunate.
                          Ill make sure to torque the flywheel bolts now haha

-Dan

Comment

• Probably would be a good idea.

God damn I want it to be saturday already..
                            - Kielan (Key-lin)

Comment

Probably would be a good idea.

God damn I want it to be saturday already..
                              Whats happening saturday?

-Dan

Comment

• Photoshoot with a bunch of SW members.
                                - Kielan (Key-lin)

Comment

Working...
                                X