X
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's factory offset on the Kia? I can't believe you can stuff a 10" under the rear fenders!

Comment

• Originally posted by martinm13 View Post
      Oh I know, it sucks. I need a Lexus or something.
      or Infiniti

I tucked an 18x12 +5 with a mild roll

IG: @_olliee

Comment

• I would love a Y33 lol

Comment

• Originally posted by Dudermagee View Post

they are fairly common
          No. They're not fairly common in the US.

IG: @_olliee

Comment

• The ones I bought are the Desmond versions, SSR made them too but slightly different. The SSR ones weren't sandwich mounted. Mine are 17's and I think the SSR were 18's

Comment

• Originally posted by Ollie View Post
              No. They're not fairly common in the US.
              I see the SSR version for sale all the time
              Dude... My nissan has like a v8, man.

Comment

What's factory offset on the Kia? I can't believe you can stuff a 10" under the rear fenders!
                42 or 38, I can't quite remember. Currently 17x9 et 25 and they are sunk just a little and I have about 3 mm's from hitting the coilover body. I stacked a shit-ton of spacers and threw one of my 9's on the rear to see how it would look and it is def doable without looking ridiculous. The 9's up front fit like a glove.

The Kia has been parted.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dudermagee View Post
                  I see the SSR version for sale all the time

Comment

• Damn, I guess the SSR came in 17 too. I know there are some sets in 18" floating around out there. Maybe both Desmond and SSR made 17/18

Comment

• Originally posted by Ollie View Post
                      Yeah I know I dont look until I have cash in hand or else I get stressed out lol

Ill be looking in a week or two. 18x11 18x11.5 +10 ballpark
                      Yep YJA is the reason i usually don't have cash, but always have fresh wheels lol

Originally posted by martinm13 View Post
                      $1350 before shipping. I feel like I got raped on the shipping because I live in the great white north lol.
                      Ouch, they sure make a profit on importing them wheels

Originally posted by Ollie View Post
                      you ever taken a 2 piece (3 piece, welded barrels), and cut the barrels to make them a true 3 piece so you can run a bigger lip while using the old inner barrels?
                      pretty easy to do if you have access to a big enough lathe, i was going to try make my own jigg out of spare rear hubs using an angle grinder as the cutter

As long as you cut closer to the front lip, as not to take any material off the back barrel you'll be fine

Wheels like SSR Koenigs would be structurally sound as 3p non welded, it is rims like Euroline and VS-KFs where there are large gaps between bolts that would be questionable
                      Drinking Enthusiast with a Car Problem

Comment

The ones I bought are the Desmond versions, SSR made them too but slightly different. The SSR ones weren't sandwich mounted. Mine are 17's and I think the SSR were 18's

Drinking Enthusiast with a Car Problem

Comment

• I wish my wheels were 3 piece. I'm pretty sure the 18" version of my wheels were 3-piece and the 17" are 2-piece. I have yet to stumble across another set of 17's though.

The Kia has been parted.

Comment

• Originally posted by 180roman View Post

Ouch, they sure make a profit on importing them wheels
                            I look on UpGarage/Yahoo Japan all the time and it kills me how cheap the wheels are. I need to take a trip over there to buy a bunch of shit.

Ollie, I found a set of 18's for sale. The thread is a bit old but it doesn't say sold anywhere. Maybe try contacting this dude... http://teamsunworks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=21984

Comment

I look on UpGarage/Yahoo Japan all the time and it kills me how cheap the wheels are. I need to take a trip over there to buy a bunch of shit.

Ollie, I found a set of 18's for sale. The thread is a bit old but it doesn't say sold anywhere. Maybe try contacting this dude... http://teamsunworks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=21984
                              shit for that kind of money he can buy those 17's and do a step lip\full rebuild and still pay less

Comment

• Step lip would be kinda cool on those actually

Comment

Working...
                                X