X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by 180roman View Post
    It was damn fucking awesome

Went to R31 House, Bee*R, stopped by multiple Autobacs and UpGarages, met Naoki Nakamura from Team Burst, saw Daigo Saito in his missile.
    Got a passenger ride with Nakomura in his missile S14 and a passenger ride with one of the other Team Burst drivers in the same S14.

Drifted my car for the full week until i broke 3rd gear on the 2nd last day.
    Went through all but 4 tires out of the 20 that I ordered.

Competed in the G1 GP competition for foreigners, judged by Kumakubo and Suenaga (first comp ever)
    Qualified 13th for the Top 16 battle, then got knocked out first battle by the guy who ended up finishing 3rd.

Japan is a fucking mad place and I can fucking wait to get back there next year.
    Well fuck I'm jealous. That's how you vacation. So badass dude!
    I dislike Byron.

Comment

Looking at a V8 Soarer this week for a daily

It already has 18x9/10 Eurolines and an Airbag Controller, so i won't have to spend money in the looks department
      I remember their was a V8 Soarer for sale in the same town as me for 1k.

It was pretty damn clean. I almost bought it then I realized that wouldn't be able to pay my course fees.

I am really broke with far too many ideas.

Comment

• Originally posted by got splits? View Post
        Well fuck I'm jealous. That's how you vacation. So badass dude!
        Probably going back there in April/May

Should be a lot cheaper this time round as I already have my car being stored there, so thats like $5-6k less.

Originally posted by Neil View Post
        I remember their was a V8 Soarer for sale in the same town as me for 1k.

It was pretty damn clean. I almost bought it then I realized that wouldn't be able to pay my course fees.
        I'm broke as fuck, like only have $200 in my account, so I'm getting a loan to buy a daily.
        Drinking Enthusiast with a Car Problem

Comment

• I'll be posting most of the Japan stories in my build thread as I find time to write them up

Comment

I'm broke as fuck, like only have $200 in my account, so I'm getting a loan to buy a daily.
            You have more then me.

I thing I have about $4 left in my account after buying a pair of SSRs and S3 tails.

Comment

• My online banking has a pie chart for what I spend my money on. The green is Auto/Transport.

Looks about right.

Comment

• Originally posted by Neil View Post
                You have more then me.

I thing I have about $4 left in my account after buying a pair of SSRs and S3 tails.
                I too have acquired a new set of wheels, it is still about 6 weeks away from ariving from Japan

Originally posted by NickBroderick View Post

My online banking has a pie chart for what I spend my money on. The green is Auto/Transport.

Looks about right.
                My bank account just shows the total amount of money coming in and out over the last 30 days.

Lets just say the red bar representing the amount of money coming out is significantly longer than the green bar...

I don't even want to separate it into automotive and non automotive, coz that would just be depressing

Comment

I too have acquired a new set of wheels, it is still about 6 weeks away from ariving from Japan
                  I wish I had the money for more wheels.
                  Mostly because the R31 looks abit odd with stockies on the front and SSRs on the back.

Comment

• I saw a pair of AP Racing 6 pot brake calipers at UpGarage in Japan for $620, but coz it was our last day of the trip I was already way too broke to afford it, otherwise could have made a killing re-selling them locally

Comment

• Yeah I remember see that on facebook.

Comment

• Originally posted by Neil View Post
                        I wish I had the money for more wheels.
                        Mostly because the R31 looks abit odd with stockies on the front and SSRs on the back.
                        I have S3 R31 headlight protectors from when i used to have an R31

I also got R31 House T-Shirts and R31 Key rings from visiting R31 House in Japan

The cars there were amazing, so many GTS-R manifolds, so many built and rare R31s and they also had a graveyard full of their parts cars and old demo cars 700+ cars

Comment

My bank account just shows the total amount of money coming in and out over the last 30 days.

Lets just say the red bar representing the amount of money coming out is significantly longer than the green bar...

I don't even want to separate it into automotive and non automotive, coz that would just be depressing
                          It's cool, I don't have enough money to fill my tank if I needed to, and I didn't even go to Japan!

Comment

• Originally posted by NickBroderick View Post
                            It's cool, I don't have enough money to fill my tank if I needed to, and I didn't even go to Japan!
                            I did 3 months of intense saving to go to Japan, like literally only paid for fuel and rent and tried not to spend on anything else. Also had to sell 3 sets of wheels.

But after being there and experiencing it, I'd gladly do it all over again.
                            The yearly pass to Ebisu Circuit is only $1200 and gives you access to the track every day of the week.
                            Beats paying $100 per day for track entry

Comment

I have S3 R31 headlight protectors from when i used to have an R31

I also got R31 House T-Shirts and R31 Key rings from visiting R31 House in Japan

The cars there were amazing, so many GTS-R manifolds, so many built and rare R31s and they also had a graveyard full of their parts cars and old demo cars 700+ cars
                              Ugh that would be heaven.
                              And ooh you have S3 Projector headlights?
                              Id love a pair but they are always quite expensive.

Comment

• nah don't have projectors, just have those plastic protectors for S3 R31 headlights, to protect from stone chips and etc.

Comment

Working...
                                X