X
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• everything on my b5 checked out when i bought it, then it slowly fell apart over the next 10 months of ownership. i would just buy a 2.8/1.8t and go through fucking everything on it. they are dirt cheap now, you could go through it and still have money to do other shit with.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kielan View Post
      I have heard, great, and awful things about them. I have a friend who has 3 S4s, 2 avants, 1 sedan, and never been stranded by any of them, never had any serious issues with them at all.

I'm going to have the car for a year, I will be ensuring that the car is not a piece of shit when I buy. I honestly don't care what all of you say when you say "oh my god it's going to be so unreliable, blah, blah, blah" I can't imagine it being any worse than my car. I also can't imagine me making the same buying mistakes twice. I've come a long way since I bought this E46, and I'm not naive any more. My next car will be a B5 S4, and it will only be for a year, and I'm going to enjoy it.
      Never being stranded by a car, and constantly being nickle and dimed to death are two worlds apart. My '97 Blazer never left me stranded, but every fucking time I turned around something was breaking or needed to be replaced. That's just the way shit goes.

You have to realize, you're buying a BI-TURBO V6 with literally no room to work with shit. It is MUCH worse than an E46, and a lot more things can go horribly wrong. This is not a tank of a motor that the BMW staight-6's are, this is a V6 crammed into a small bay surrounded by a nightmare of electronics and lines. As those before me have said, the higher the mileage, the worse it's gonna be.
      BB6 Prelude . . E36 ///M3 . . VA WRX Limited . . 1969 Nova
      Originally posted by Ollie
      We all love to turn heads. Sub-consciously we're all materialistic attention-craving dickheads.

Comment

• am so pissed right now lol! my instagram wont let me quote ppl! I hit the @ and no names pop up!?

any ideas RTers?
        IG @RobthaBavarian

Comment

• Originally posted by Rob&co View Post
          am so pissed right now lol! my instagram wont let me quote ppl! I hit the @ and no names pop up!?

any ideas RTers?
          It's a sign you should stop using such a shitty app.
          We all love to turn heads. Sub-consciously we're all materialistic attention-craving dickheads.

Comment

• Originally posted by jdel View Post
            But even if everything looks fantastic (confirmed by an Audi tech even) remember what you are buying. German vehicles (as you know) have a tendency to have weird shit break when there's no indication that it should be. The more miles on it, the greater the chance of that weird shit happening.

That being said, are you going to go with a set of BWS?
            Probably not, I'm not really sure what is going to get done to it. I'm not thinking much.
            Originally posted by Francois Dillinger View Post
            everything on my b5 checked out when i bought it, then it slowly fell apart over the next 10 months of ownership. i would just buy a 2.8/1.8t and go through fucking everything on it. they are dirt cheap now, you could go through it and still have money to do other shit with.
            If the right 1.8T avant came up I'd go that route. I'm not getting a 2.8.
            - Kielan (Key-lin)

Comment

• Originally posted by MommysLittleMonster View Post
              It's a sign you should stop using such a shitty app.
              No that shit is making me money acutally lol!

plus Laid (once from it I KNOW CRAZY)

Gear (free)

Parts (free)

app might suck but working it works lol!
              IG @RobthaBavarian

Comment

• The B5 A4 is a classic timeless design, and that S4 is a dam nice car, but that's how it sucks you in.

Is that Rust or oil on the bottom of the door?

I dono man, as a random person from the internet I have to agree with the other random people here and say Buying a 12 year old S4 may not be the best move for worry free driving...

Also, Just notice its not running when they took pictures of the cluster.. could possible mean it has some Lights or codes going on, Most reason why that picture is there so the viewer and verify the miles with the ad..

not being able to see that info kinda makes the picture useless..
                Last edited by Z.Cockburn; 11-01-2012, 01:47 PM.

Comment

• RT title change request please!
                  IG @RobthaBavarian

Comment

• Originally posted by Z.Cockburn View Post
                    The B5 A4 is a classic timeless design, and that S4 is a dam nice car, but that's how it sucks you in.

I dono man, as a random person from the internet I have to agree with the other random people here and say Buying a 12 year old S4 may not be the best move for worry free driving...
                    I'm not going to buy the first car I have seen. Shit I haven't even sold my car yet lol. That needs to happen before I can do anything further, any cars I look at now, probably won't even be around when I'm ready to buy.
                    - Kielan (Key-lin)

Comment

• I'll just wait and see what happens with the other one...
                      Dude... My nissan has like a v8, man.

Comment

• I get you.

Have you consider see what kind of offers one could get if you tried to trade it in on something else?

Comment

The B5 A4 is a classic timeless design, and that S4 is a dam nice car, but that's how it sucks you in.

Also, Just notice its not running when they took pictures of the cluster.. could possible mean it has some Lights or codes going on, Most reason why that picture is there so the viewer and verify the miles with the ad..

not being able to see that info kinda makes the picture useless..
                          +1,000,000 fucking Internets for you today.

Comment

• for the record, buying a audi is a terrible idea Kielan
                            Dude... My nissan has like a v8, man.

Comment

I get you.

Have you consider see what kind of offers one could get if you tried to trade it in on something else?
                              Trade in value is equivalent to that of dirt. The car has to sell first, then I will get another car. I am pretty much set on a B5 S4. The only other option would be a E39 540 wagon...
                              Originally posted by Dudermagee View Post
                              for the record, buying a audi is a terrible idea Kielan
                              You just thought about getting a green on tan slush box integra. Your point is invalid.
                              - Kielan (Key-lin)

Comment

• Originally posted by Dudermagee View Post
                                for the record, buying a audi is a terrible idea Kielan
                                bmw>vw/audi
                                IG @RobthaBavarian

Comment

Working...
                                X