• Show
Clear All

• Morning guys.

Comment

• I have 2'' and 3'' slants
      I dislike Byron.

Comment

• Originally posted by FluidMotorUnion View Post
        Is that the E9x 335 motor? I believe it is.

If so, we know a good bit. We have one ourselves, got 'er right when it came out. They're spry little beasts.

Burger Tuning also has a lot of plug-and-play shit available for that motor. I'd say they're top in that field right now. Their JB4 (I think that's the revision they're currently on) can pull quite a bit of power out of that car with minimal bolt-ons. For under $2k in mods, you can get them going pretty quick.
        I know all about tunability and what not, I meant in terms of reliability.
        - Kielan (Key-lin)

Comment

• Originally posted by Kielan View Post
          Sometimes the turbos go rather quickly. It's almost like luck haha.

And damn are they are a fucking bitch to replace.
          I dislike Byron.

Comment

• Originally posted by P78 View Post
            stoked

suppressed ak ftw
            wow bitches GTA is my fav shit on ps3! whens the 5 coming out!

HELLLLLLOOOOOOO RT!
            IG @RobthaBavarian

Comment

• Originally posted by got splits? View Post
              Sometimes the turbos go rather quickly. It's almost like luck haha.

And damn are they are a fucking bitch to replace.
              I've heard that the turbo's going is a rare issue, and something that could happen to really any turbo car.

I've been looking into monthly payments, and even with an interest rate of 7.5% over a 5 year span monthly payment would only be 305.
              - Kielan (Key-lin)

Comment

We've never really had an issue aside from the high pressure fuel pump, which is abnormally common on these cars, even with the recall they did. We replaced ours twice, I think? Maybe only once.

Other than that, Ashley uses it as a DD for work every day of the week, and it's only ever in the shop for oil changes and basic shit like that. That's in both heavily-modded form and its current form, which isn't much more than an intake, exhaust, BOVs and a tune. We stripped a bunch off when we wanted to sell it, and haven't gotten around to putting it all back on yet.

I know OJ gets into it when he drives it, and I tend to be pretty hard on it when I drive it, too. Never really had an issue.

Bear in mind that's with the manny tranny; I have no idea how the automatic stands up.

Funny enough, there's only two recent-model BMWs I'd currently buy in my price range -- an E90 335i or an E46 M3. If you can shell out a bit extra for the facelifted 335, do so. It's a billion times more attractive.

www.fluidmotorunion.com
                www.stanceworks.com

Originally posted by Oxer
                I'm pretty sure I will molest any exhaust systems you leave lying around

Comment

We've never really had an issue aside from the high pressure fuel pump, which is abnormally common on these cars, even with the recall they did. We replaced ours twice, I think? Maybe only once.

Other than that, Ashley uses it as a DD for work every day of the week, and it's only ever in the shop for oil changes and basic shit like that. That's in both heavily-modded form and its current form, which isn't much more than an intake, exhaust, BOVs and a tune. We stripped a bunch off when we wanted to sell it, and haven't gotten around to putting it all back on yet.

I know OJ gets into it when he drives it, and I tend to be pretty hard on it when I drive it, too. Never really had an issue.

Bear in mind that's with the manny tranny; I have no idea how the automatic stands up.

Funny enough, there's only two recent-model BMWs I'd currently buy in my price range -- an E90 335i or an E46 M3. If you can shell out a bit extra for the facelifted 335, do so. It's a billion times more attractive.
                  Awesome, yeah I know the HPFP is an issue, but not too worried about because of the extension in the warranty for it.

The most in terms of mods it will get in the following years would be a drop, wheels, tune, and exhaust. That all should put me at close to 400whp, more than enough for me, and would definitely allow me to have some fun.
                  - Kielan (Key-lin)

Comment

• 400hwp! whp*
                    IG @RobthaBavarian

Comment

• Originally posted by Rob&co View Post
                      400hwp! whp*
                      Yeah dude, the JB4 tune is good for about 80whp (like 100ish crank), plus an exhaust, and perhaps an intake (gotta have one for those turbo sounds), should definitely put me at or very near 400.
                      - Kielan (Key-lin)

Comment

Yeah dude, the JB4 tune is good for about 80whp (like 100ish crank), plus an exhaust, and perhaps an intake (gotta have one for those turbo sounds), should definitely put me at or very near 400.
                        Get some BOVs, too. Pwshhhhh

But yes, 400 is pretty easy to hit. I've heard of some issues regarding JB4 installation, even being PnP, but those are mostly armchair forum enthusiasts that don't even change their own oil. I know you know your way around wiring.

You should have a LOT of fun.

But I still think the pre-LCI E90s are butt ugly. haha.

www.fluidmotorunion.com
                        www.stanceworks.com

Originally posted by Oxer
                        I'm pretty sure I will molest any exhaust systems you leave lying around

Comment

lol am getting all happy in my pants!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z4otaDWehl0"]BMS 135i JB4 vs. Nissan GTR - YouTube[/ame]
                          IG @RobthaBavarian

Comment

Get some BOVs, too. Pwshhhhh

But yes, 400 is pretty easy to hit. I've heard of some issues regarding JB4 installation, even being PnP, but those are mostly armchair forum enthusiasts that don't even change their own oil. I know you know your way around wiring.

You should have a LOT of fun.

But I still think the pre-LCI E90s are butt ugly. haha.
                            Which is why I'm getting a 1er. Hahah.
                            - Kielan (Key-lin)

Comment

• Those 135's come in a sedan?
                              Dude... My nissan has like a v8, man.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dudermagee View Post
                                Those 135's come in a sedan?
                                No, it's coupe only. In Europe they got them in 3 and 5 door hatches though.
                                - Kielan (Key-lin)

Comment

Working...
                                X