X
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Formula D doesn't allow it, and for global and redline time attack it would place you in the unlimited class with 6 digit dollar cars. Just something to consider before welding in something as permamnt as a cage

Email | Website | Facebook | Instagram @Broadway_Static

Comment

• Originally posted by Jesus Christ View Post
      Formula D doesn't allow it, and for global and redline time attack it would place you in the unlimited class with 6 digit dollar cars. Just something to consider before welding in something as permamnt as a cage
      Really? Geez, good to know. Thanks for the heads up Jaze, I'll definitely look into that. I'm leaving out parts of the front cage until it doesn't see street use, but I'd **** for something like nascar bars to put me out of a decent class... I'm already in unlimited for a lot stuff though, because of the swap.

E30 V8 Build thread

Go here be happy!

Instagram: stuartrussell

Store: alwaysindividual.bigcartel.com

Comment

• Was thinking something like this http://jonsibal.com/blog/wp-content/...86/ae86v_1.jpg

E30 V8 Build thread

Go here be happy!

Comment

• Originally posted by got splits? View Post
          Still trying to figure out if I want to go to fcf or not
          Go.
          - Kielan (Key-lin)

Comment

• Bleh
            Dude... My nissan has like a v8, man.

Comment

• Super happy with my blog post today. I love getting to use my for-fun pictures.

It's been a heart attack all day, though -- the pictures looked fucking perfect when I finished them in Lightroom last night, on my iMac's big bright screen. On my work monitor -- notsomuch. Oh well. Not to mention I used a brand of camera I'd never used before (I had a EOS 40D to shoot with, when I've only ever shot with Nikon) in light that changed from sun to clouds within seconds.

This is why I like print -- things only show up one way. I don't need to worry about somebody having their magazine's brightness down three notches, turning them into dark-ass pictures that look like total shit. Very loose-butthole.

www.fluidmotorunion.com
              www.stanceworks.com

Originally posted by Oxer
              I'm pretty sure I will molest any exhaust systems you leave lying around

Comment

• Tl;dr

Comment

• Originally posted by Dudermagee View Post
                  Tl;dr
                  cliffnotes: loose butthole

Comment

• Originally posted by Francois Dillinger View Post
                    Makes sense

Comment

• Originally posted by Francois Dillinger View Post
                      VERY loose butthole.

www.fluidmotorunion.com
                      www.stanceworks.com

Originally posted by Oxer
                      I'm pretty sure I will molest any exhaust systems you leave lying around

Comment

• Originally posted by FunfGang View Post
                        Really? Geez, good to know. Thanks for the heads up Jaze, I'll definitely look into that. I'm leaving out parts of the front cage until it doesn't see street use, but I'd **** for something like nascar bars to put me out of a decent class... I'm already in unlimited for a lot stuff though, because of the swap.
                        It will place you in limited which is competitive but unlimited is nuts. NASCAR or x bars are required though. Just can't go through firewall or tie in to the rear towers. You also can't cut the rear back seat opening area at all

Comment

It will place you in limited which is competitive but unlimited is nuts. NASCAR or x bars are required though. Just can't go through firewall or tie in to the rear towers. You also can't cut the rear back seat opening area at all
                          Oh they are? Fantastic. Are full cages required? I'm doing a full cage minus the A pillar bars, and that top connecting bar. I've downloaded the rule book, I'm going to go through that so I make sure I know what I'm doing. Really need to get my pedal situation out though.

E30 V8 Build thread

Go here be happy!

Comment

• No requirements as far as minimum requirements. They just don't want you adding extra stiffness in time attack and drift cars need to crush on impact. You can however stitch weld the chassis which you should look in to because I know e30s aren't the stiffest of chassis. I really regret not doing it while the motor was out this time

Comment

• But also, door bars are required but without the a pillar bar you have nothing to hold the door bars in

Comment

But also, door bars are required but without the a pillar bar you have nothing to hold the door bars in
                                Really? I've seen a couple people do it, and the way I had spoken to the guy who's doing my cage was a plate on the bottom(near the pedals/ footwell), then one higher up which is welded to the sheetmetal/ frame, the top of the door bar then a dash bar. Does that sound safe/ logical? I suggested that to the builder and he didn't have any gripes, though his 2x years of experience is in drag racing, not circuit.

E30 V8 Build thread

Go here be happy!

Comment

Working...
                                X