X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• off to work

Comment

• Originally posted by Rob&co View Post
      Basicly it kept my stoner mind going and for 30 sec or so.....
      It kept my 'stoner mind' going for about two seconds.

It makes sense that Catholics would assume that a comet -- which is significantly smaller than our moon -- would be able to pass between us and the sun, and have it cause a 3-day blackout. It makes sense because they believe that the Earth is 6,000 years old and fossils are a pack of lies.

Anybody here capable of doing the math to figure out how big a comet would have to be to block the sun for three days straight? I'm thinking about the size of Jupiter or so.

www.fluidmotorunion.com
      www.stanceworks.com

Originally posted by Oxer
      I'm pretty sure I will molest any exhaust systems you leave lying around

Comment

• Originally posted by FluidMotorUnion View Post

It makes sense that Catholics would assume that a comet -- which is significantly smaller than our moon -- would be able to pass between us and the sun, and have it cause a 3-day blackout. It makes sense because they believe that the Earth is 6,000 years old and fossils are a pack of lies.

Anybody here capable of doing the math to figure out how big a comet would have to be to block the sun for three days straight? I'm thinking about the size of Jupiter or so.
        We would have bigger problems. Like being thrown off our orbit and the universe ending.
        - Kielan (Key-lin)

Comment

hehehe ok ok lets try!

This!
          But even if it could cross the sun, which it can’t, astrobiologist David Morrison notes that comet Elenin is about 2-3 miles (3-5 km) wide, while the sun is roughly 865,000 miles (1,392,082 km) across.

Let's think about an eclipse of the sun, which happens when the moon appears between the Earth and the sun. The moon is about 2,500 miles (4,000 km) in diameter, and has the same apparent size as the sun when it is about 250,000 miles (400,000 km) away -- roughly 100 times its own diameter. For a comet with a diameter of about 2-3 miles (3-5 km) to cover the sun it would have to be within 250 miles (400 km), roughly the orbital altitude of the International Space Station. However, as stated above, this comet will come no closer to Earth than 22 million miles.

It would have to be at least 500,000KM wide!
          IG @RobthaBavarian

Comment

• Originally posted by Kielan View Post
            We would have bigger problems. Like being thrown off our orbit and the universe ending.
            now that would be FUN!
            IG @RobthaBavarian

Comment

hehehe ok ok lets try!

This!
              But even if it could cross the sun, which it can’t, astrobiologist David Morrison notes that comet Elenin is about 2-3 miles (3-5 km) wide, while the sun is roughly 865,000 miles (1,392,082 km) across.

Let's think about an eclipse of the sun, which happens when the moon appears between the Earth and the sun. The moon is about 2,500 miles (4,000 km) in diameter, and has the same apparent size as the sun when it is about 250,000 miles (400,000 km) away -- roughly 100 times its own diameter. For a comet with a diameter of about 2-3 miles (3-5 km) to cover the sun it would have to be within 250 miles (400 km), roughly the orbital altitude of the International Space Station. However, as stated above, this comet will come no closer to Earth than 22 million miles.

Holy fuck, you're smart.
              - Kielan (Key-lin)

Comment

Holy fuck, you're smart.

and underpaid.......

english is my second lang. so spelling is not all there. I speak fluent. Always had a easy time with math its a international lang.

u going to try that burger!?
                IG @RobthaBavarian

Comment

and underpaid.......

english is my second lang. so spelling is not all there. I speak fluent. Always had a easy time with math its a international lang.

u going to try that burger!?
                  Nah, I don't have all that stuff for it.
                  - Kielan (Key-lin)

Comment

hehehe ok ok lets try!

This!

Yeah, that would throw off the orbits of just about everything it encounters. And a lot of other things, too. And then some more things.

Although the Catholics are right about one thing -- if it happened, we'd basically be fucked. Not for three days, but forever.

www.fluidmotorunion.com
                    www.stanceworks.com

Originally posted by Oxer
                    I'm pretty sure I will molest any exhaust systems you leave lying around

Comment

Nah, I don't have all that stuff for it.
                      just get some chicken and mexi pancakes! lol

IG @RobthaBavarian

Comment

Yeah, that would throw off the orbits of just about everything it encounters. And a lot of other things, too. And then some more things.

Although the Catholics are right about one thing -- if it happened, we'd basically be fucked. Not for three days, but forever.

We have enough batteries in stock to keep us powered for at least 48-60 hrs!

it would deff be a trip and i would pop E for 3-4 days streight and no sleep like High School!

Banks, cars nothing would be safe from my broke RAGE! lol
                        IG @RobthaBavarian

Comment

• Pluh

Comment

• WTF is this catholic comet shit?

I looked it up and being catholic have NEVER heard of that shit. Some St. prophesied it apparently. It is never taught nor preached about.

Comment

• Google it. 3 Days of Darkness... It's solely a catholic thing.
                              - Kielan (Key-lin)

Comment

• Originally posted by mrg7243 View Post
                                WTF is this catholic comet shit?

I looked it up and being catholic have NEVER heard of that shit. Some St. prophesied it apparently. It is never taught nor preached about.
                                I am almost off, damn u i wish u commented earlier lol they dont want you to know!

Originally posted by Kielan View Post
                                Google it. 3 Days of Darkness... It's solely a catholic thing.
                                This!

idk how the aciant mayans had this prediction tho! And the fact that the bible takes parts of their rampage and flips it is even more crazy!

There might be a god but no human has recived no damn book from him i dont care who u are black wite or brown or yellow!

I dont follow a book and i dont need one to live my life lol!

Stoner is the new genius

But am 100% sure that it wont kill us like the Bible states but i am not 100% sure that there will be NO dark lol

they got the size of it from a math problem (used the distance of points in the sky we kno and estimated the distance of it from us and ended up with the size) Now if it was a friday and some one missplaced the " . " at Nasa then the size is bigger then they think and were fucked lol

LIGHTS OFF BITCHES!
                                Last edited by Rob&co; 09-18-2012, 06:37 PM.
                                IG @RobthaBavarian

Comment

Working...
                                X