This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Jesus Christ View Post
    And my buddy works at lotus and hates every single one of them, says they're engineered by faggots...it IS a British car after all
    Don't really care to be honest. That car still looks sick and I would gladly drive an Evora if it didn't have a fucking Camry motor in it.
    ///M 2.0
    G60 POWAR... never forget

Comment

• I feel like every show gets way too dramatic as it goes on. Looks like I'll be downloading a few seasons.

Comment

• Well, this is from a techs point of view. They might perform well, but to service anything is a pain in the pelvis. According to him, rule of thumb is if you have to do 2 things to the engine, you might as well drop it out. In a shop that's murder when you're paid hourly based on a book

And a lot of lotuses use Toyota motors

Email | Website | Facebook | Instagram @Broadway_Static

Comment

• Originally posted by FunfGang View Post
          What? Lotus's are fucking fantastic.
          that shits tits!

retro rich stance!
          IG @RobthaBavarian

Comment

Well, this is from a techs point of view. They might perform well, but to service anything is a pain in the pelvis. According to him, rule of thumb is if you have to do 2 things to the engine, you might as well drop it out. In a shop that's murder when you're paid hourly based on a book

And a lot of lotuses use Toyota motors
            Well that's a totally understandable reason to not like them, but if you don't have to worry about doing any of the work on it and just enjoy the drive it's probably not as bad. And I'm not surprised Lotus made everything over complicated since those guys are borderline insane when it comes to engineering.

And I know that they use Toyota motors in a lot of the cars and that's one of the reasons why I'm not a huge fan of them. Not that there is anything wrong with Toyota, but why would you use a motor out of a family sedan or any other boring car and drop it into a sports car?
            ///M 2.0
            G60 POWAR... never forget

Comment

• Originally posted by Jersh View Post
              Well that's a totally understandable reason to not like them, but if you don't have to worry about doing any of the work on it and just enjoy the drive it's probably not as bad. And I'm not surprised Lotus made everything over complicated since those guys are borderline insane when it comes to engineering.

And I know that they use Toyota motors in a lot of the cars and that's one of the reasons why I'm not a huge fan of them. Not that there is anything wrong with Toyota, but why would you use a motor out of a family sedan or any other boring car and drop it into a sports car?
              Cheap, easy to replace, and it does it's job well!

E30 V8 Build thread

Go here be happy!

Instagram: stuartrussell

Store: alwaysindividual.bigcartel.com

Comment

• I work in a high-end independent shop that works on Lotuses (Lotii?) and those Celica engines in the newer Elises are bad as fuck and essentially indestructible. I have an old elise with a fully built Integra Type-R swap in the shop right now. It's a bamf.
                Last edited by PhilipWOT; 08-30-2012, 09:51 AM.
                <Imagine a cool photo of a white 98 M3 sedan sitting low on staggered DS2's here>

Comment

• Bored...

Comment

• Like to take off exhaust manifold? Gotta drop the motor cause you can't see shit or don't have leverage to turn the bolt. It isn't really an engineering fault but fucking annoying.

And camry v6's make good power, we don't use em cause they're fwd and in a econobox but drop it in a light sports car and you have tons of torque and a motor that's 200 bucks in a junkyard.

Comment

• Originally posted by PhilipWOT View Post
                      I work in a high-end independent shop that works on Lotuses (Lotii?) and those Celica engines in the newer Elises are bad as fuck and essentially indestructible. I have an old elise with a fully built Integra Type-R swap in the shop right now. It's a bamf.
                      It's a nice motor for sure. I drove an Elise just last night, it was a N/a that was turboed and was only 330hp but the car felt like a cartoon rocket that Wiley coyote drives.

It's on bws suspension too

Comment

It's a nice motor for sure. I drove an Elise just last night, it was a N/a that was turboed and was only 330hp but the car felt like a cartoon rocket that Wiley coyote drives.

"Only" 330hp? Hahaha dude thats a shitload of power for little plastic go-kart! I bet that thing was a monster.
                        <Imagine a cool photo of a white 98 M3 sedan sitting low on staggered DS2's here>

Comment

• Tired as fuck.
                          - Kielan (Key-lin)

Comment

• Originally posted by Kielan View Post
                            Tired as fuck.
                            We're meeting up today after I get out of work so you can finally get your pierogies. I forgot to text you when Alex and I went out last night.

Comment

• Originally posted by NickBroderick View Post
                              We're meeting up today after I get out of work so you can finally get your pierogies. I forgot to text you when Alex and I went out last night.
                              Lol word, I'm in class till 530 today, but after that I'm free. Hopefully my wheel is done today so I can get the tire back on.
                              - Kielan (Key-lin)

Comment

Nice bws taking over the world
                                Dude... My nissan has like a v8, man.

Comment

Working...
                                X