This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by andybob View Post
    I used to ride BMX and I'd love to again if bikes weren't so expensive.
    This is how little I know about bikes.

Today I've learned something! But soon, I'll get off work and promptly forget it. In the interim, though, thank you.

www.fluidmotorunion.com
    www.stanceworks.com

Originally posted by Oxer
    I'm pretty sure I will molest any exhaust systems you leave lying around

Comment

• Originally posted by FluidMotorUnion View Post
      This is how little I know about bikes.

Today I've learned something! But soon, I'll get off work and promptly forget it. In the interim, though, thank you.
      lol

I had about $1300 into my old bike and it really wasn't anything special. I built it from the frame up and had all new parts. Rode it everyday while I was in college, came home for the summer, and parted it out. I still kinda regret it since I only made like $500.

My brother has a pretty nice bike with easily $2000 worth of stuff on it. He rode a lot in HS before he had a car now it just sits in the shed. Once and a while I'll take it out and cruise around on it.

But yeah, its pretty crazy how much money you can spend on a bike.

Mountain bikes and Road Bikes are a whole 'nother can of worms depending on what you want.

The Kia has been parted.

Comment

That thing is badass. Looks like it would be fun.

I think its more of a jumping bike than a BMX bike. Pavel would know more than me but by the looks of it with wheels are 24" where a BMX bike is 20" wheels.

I used to ride BMX and I'd love to again if bikes weren't so expensive.
        Thank you! I love it. I bought it as stock brand new 2011 Specialized P1.
        Btw, it has 26" wheels.
        It is in fact a dirt jumper, I mainly use it for urban riding in SF. Jumping stares, ledges, running into people. lol

Originally posted by andybob View Post
        lol

I had about $1300 into my old bike and it really wasn't anything special. I built it from the frame up and had all new parts. Rode it everyday while I was in college, came home for the summer, and parted it out. I still kinda regret it since I only made like $500.

My brother has a pretty nice bike with easily $2000 worth of stuff on it. He rode a lot in HS before he had a car now it just sits in the shed. Once and a while I'll take it out and cruise around on it.

But yeah, its pretty crazy how much money you can spend on a bike.

Mountain bikes and Road Bikes are a whole 'nother can of worms depending on what you want.
        Bikes are expensive hobby.
        I think I have around $1500-$1800 into this one.

2011 Specialized P1
        RockShox Sektor RL front fork
        WTB hubs laced up to Specialized wheels
        20MM slide through axle
        WTB spare seat and post
        Avid elixir CR SL brakes front and rear 160 &140 (I want to upgrade to 203mm all around cause it looks more bad ass lol)
        CF head tube spacer
        ODI grips
        Maxxis Holy Roller 26x2.4 (should be here early next week)

I think thats it, maybe forgetting few small things.
        Last edited by PavelK313; 08-23-2012, 07:00 PM.

IG: PavelKostyurin

Comment

• I used to ride BMX when I was in high school. Did you guys subscribe to Dan's Comp catalogs too?

Comment

• Originally posted by coconutt View Post
            I used to ride BMX when I was in high school. Did you guys subscribe to Dan's Comp catalogs too?
            Sure did

Comment

• Originally posted by PavelK313 View Post
              Thank you! I love it. I bought it as stock brand new 2011 Specialized P1.
              Btw, it has 26" wheels.
              It is in fact a dirt jumper, I mainly use it for urban riding in SF. Jumping stares, ledges, running into people. lol

Bikes are expensive hobby.
              I think I have around $1500-$1800 into this one.
              That would be a fun urban bike. I always did the bmx thing but I could see the fun in having a dirt jumper on the city.

I'd love to get a nice hardtail mountain bike for cruising and hitting jumps with, but yeah, they are wicked expensive. Also, after riding a bike with proper disk brakes, I would never go back to rim clamp brakes. Disk brakes are fantastic.

Here is my old BMX bike when I was running it brakeless:

BTW, brakeless sucks. A lot of bmx guys ride that way and I did it for a week, but it was just too weird/unsafe feeling so I threw them back on.

The Kia has been parted.

Comment

I used to ride BMX when I was in high school. Did you guys subscribe to Dan's Comp catalogs too?
                I was never one to follow the scene or gotten too serious into it. Just like to do dumb stuff and hope it wont hurt too bad at the end. haha

Comment

Yeah. I still get a rouge e-mail now and again. lol

The Kia has been parted.

Comment

That would be a fun urban bike. I always did the bmx thing but I could see the fun in having a dirt jumper on the city.

I'd love to get a nice hardtail mountain bike for cruising and hitting jumps with, but yeah, they are wicked expensive. Also, after riding a bike with proper disk brakes, I would never go back to rim clamp brakes. Disk brakes are fantastic.

Here is my old BMX bike when I was running it brakeless:

BTW, brakeless sucks. A lot of bmx guys ride that way and I did it for a week, but it was just too weird/unsafe feeling so I threw them back on.
                    My friend has the best luck ever when it comes to buying used bikes on CL. Few weeks ago he picked up CF hard tail Giant for $300!

Comment

• Lol bike thread
                      Dude... My nissan has like a v8, man.

Comment

• i got my bmx bike out of dan's comp back in the day.

i did small street shit and dirt jumps. my friend was top 5 in the country when he raced, he had retarded amounts of money into his bike.

Comment

• I kind of suck at riding so to me its not worth it having all the coolest parts on my bike. I dont think I can tell a difference.

Comment

• Originally posted by PavelK313 View Post
                            I kind of suck at riding so to me its not worth it having all the coolest parts on my bike. I dont think I can tell a difference.
                            I was never the greatest either, but my shit never broke no matter how hard I slammed or threw the fucker so it was worth it to me. lol

The Kia has been parted.

Comment

• Messaged some dude about his E30 for sale.

Hopefully I can get it, looks clean.
                              I dislike Byron.

Comment

• I had a blue GT Dyno with white walls (35psi LOL), and had the lower pipe of the frame where it connects to the neck completely cracked. I still rode around like that but didn't jump off stairs anymore. I rarely did any dirt jumps as I was the kid outta the group that always had the clean bike lol... and also the only one in my group that never went down the bowl at the skate park. I mostly just did gaps, with the most dangerous thing being stairs.

Had that bike stolen and got a heavy ass Nirve. Tried to get into flatlanding but I grew outta bikes of course.

Comment

Working...
                                X