This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by NegativeCamber View Post
    what are you talking about play? you mean when you push the pedal its not stiff until after 2 inches?
    Before there is any form of tension on it at all.
    Originally posted by Jesus Christ View Post
    So you're saying there is 2" of play before the MC is engaged?
    Yes, there is just dead space there.
    - Kielan (Key-lin)

Comment

• Originally posted by Kielan View Post
      Yeah dude, it really wasn't nearly as difficult as people make it out to be, if you have access to a lift I highly recommend it, purely because it's way less of a cunt to move your body around, and not be at awkward angles, but even then it's really not bad. If I had to do it all again, could probably have it all done in 4-5 hours. I don't know if it would be any more difficult/easy to do on AWD, but I can't imagine it can be much worse. Definitely an awesome learning experience.
      probably have to remove one of the front axles like on a fwd car
      Website | Facebook | Instagram @Broadway_Static

Comment

• Originally posted by Average_Jerk View Post
        So not too much worse then.
        - Kielan (Key-lin)

Comment

• did you bleed the system? probably air at the slave. after bleeding it, pull the slave off and open the bleeder valve. push the stem all the way in, and while holding it in, close the valve.
          Originally posted by Kielan
          I've had a lot more fun in my Dad's Prius than I care to admit.

BMW e23 build Thread

Comment

• Originally posted by NegativeCamber View Post
            did you bleed the system? probably air at the slave. after bleeding it, pull the slave off and open the bleeder valve. push the stem all the way in, and while holding it in, close the valve.
            Already bled it. It's like the pedal assembly is too high above the MC, like there is just play before it even touches the top push rod thing of the cylinder. If that makes sense? After it hits the cylinder, it's just fine.
            - Kielan (Key-lin)

Comment

• Originally posted by Average_Jerk View Post
              Don't think so, I think it just drops right down. I've witnessed one be re-installed a couple years ago, but never done anything first hand.
              BMW E38
              That White Evo
              -SOLD
              instagram @kbuss
              flickr

Comment

Before there is any form of tension on it at all.

Yes, there is just dead space there.
                Maybe there is a piece missing that occupies that dead space? Try to look at another e46

Originally posted by Average_Jerk View Post
                Yup, it's significantly more involved in a eve cause of the transfer case. It still won't be bad just an extra hour to un do the BS

Email | Website | Facebook | Instagram @Broadway_Static

Comment

• Also, what fluid should I run in the trans? The side of it says ATF, but from what I've read, people are using MTL as well? I was just gunna buy fluid at the dealer.
                  - Kielan (Key-lin)

Comment

• Originally posted by Jesus Christ View Post
                    Maybe there is a piece missing that occupies that dead space? Try to look at another e46

Yup, it's significantly more involved in a eve cause of the transfer case. It still won't be bad just an extra hour to un do the BS
                    thats what i was thinking. Ive never worked on an awd car. but I know that the engine is horizontallly mounted like fwd cars. due to logic, i came up with my answer lol

Comment

• I heard evo clutch jobs are a feal motherfucker
                      Dude... My nissan has like a v8, man.

Comment

Also, what fluid should I run in the trans? The side of it says ATF, but from what I've read, people are using MTL as well? I was just gunna buy fluid at the dealer.
                        Run the cheapest ATF you can get, it wont make a difference. Dealer fluids are maddddd cash

Originally posted by Average_Jerk View Post
                        thats what i was thinking. Ive never worked on an awd car. but I know that the engine is horizontallly mounted like fwd cars. due to logic, i came up with my answer lol
                        That common sense thing comes in handy, wwen I got under the fortune evo I was like wtf is this bullshit? Why is the drive shaft over there?

Comment

• Originally posted by Dudermagee View Post
                          I heard evo clutch jobs are a feal motherfucker
                          Don't say that
                          BMW E38
                          That White Evo
                          -SOLD
                          instagram @kbuss
                          flickr

Comment

• Not for nothing, I'd pay someone else 500 to do my clutch if I could

Comment

Not for nothing, I'd pay someone else 500 to do my clutch if I could
                              If I could afford it, Id never work on a car again

Comment

Run the cheapest ATF you can get, it wont make a difference. Dealer fluids are maddddd cash

That common sense thing comes in handy, wwen I got under the fortune evo I was like wtf is this bullshit? Why is the drive shaft over there?
                                Word.
                                - Kielan (Key-lin)

Comment

Working...
                                X