X
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• That's a good amount of weight to put on during the short time after high school, good job!

Comment

• Originally posted by NickBroderick View Post
      That's a good amount of weight to put on during the short time after high school, good job!
      Thanks man. I'm gonna be a junior this year, I'm just young for my grade. But it's been 3-5 days a week routine every week for the past 3 years now and I'm so glad I decided to do it.
      ///M 2.0
      G60 POWAR... never forget

Comment

• Not trying to gay up the thread, but just so you guys can see how much I've lost:

2 years ago, I was even bigger last year:

Best pic I could find of my fatness. lol

Now:

The Kia has been parted.

Comment

• Word, I wish I had that kind of motivation. I've always wanted to tone up but I never had the drive, after 6 weeks or so I just lose interest.

Comment

• Awesome work Andy!

Comment

Word, I wish I had that kind of motivation. I've always wanted to tone up but I never had the drive, after 6 weeks or so I just lose interest.
              Really? Typically people stop after two weeks because they don't see any results and figure they can't do it. Around 6 weeks you should start seeing some noticeable gains.

For me, once I started training almost every day each week I didn't want to stop. And the days that I didn't get to workout I ended up feeling like a slob.

Originally posted by NickBroderick View Post
              Awesome work Andy!
              And this.
              ///M 2.0

Comment

Awesome work Andy!
                Thanks dude.

Its always fun running into old friends and having them not recognize you. Not to mention my blood pressure has dropped tremendously, I rarely get headaches, and I have a ton of energy.

The Kia has been parted.

Comment

• Originally posted by andybob View Post
                  Thanks dude.

Its always fun running into old friends and having them not recognize you. Not to mention my blood pressure has dropped tremendously, I rarely get headaches, and I have a ton of energy.
                  So many perks come with working out. Feeling like a boss every day, feel good about yourself, not being sick all the time, know that bitches be 'mirin your gains/fat loss... Healthy life style is rewarding.
                  ///M 2.0

Comment

• Originally posted by Jersh View Post
                    And this.
                    Thanks.

Now you see why I still weigh 190. I've got a large frame. lol

Like I said my waist is a 33-34, it used to be a 38 almost 40. I've had to buy pretty much all new clothes the past few months.

The Kia has been parted.

Comment

So many perks come with working out. Feeling like a boss every day, feel good about yourself, not being sick all the time, know that bitches be 'mirin your gains/fat loss... Healthy life style is rewarding.
                      No doubt.

I def notice random women looking my way all the time. Next summer our family and a ton of other friends and family are going on a huge cruise and my brother and I are trying to get totally shredded by then. If I keep up the way I am, it'll happen.

The Kia has been parted.

Comment

Thanks.

Now you see why I still weigh 190. I've got a large frame. lol

Like I said my waist is a 33-34, it used to be a 38 almost 40. I've had to buy pretty much all new clothes the past few months.
                        Damn dude, my waist is a 32. You'll be there in no time. But 165-180 lbs of lean muscle in a 5'8" frame will look jacked. Shorter height = easier to fill out/make it look like you have more muscle.

Originally posted by andybob View Post
                        No doubt.

I def notice random women looking my way all the time. Next summer our family and a ton of other friends and family are going on a huge cruise and my brother and I are trying to get totally shredded by then. If I keep up the way I am, it'll happen.
                        It's definitely possible in 1 year's time. If you need any tips on anything like lifting routines or meal planning let me know. I have a lot of sources to solid information and I like to think that I know a decent amount about this stuff.
                        ///M 2.0

Comment

Damn dude, my waist is a 32. You'll be there in no time. But 165-180 lbs of lean muscle in a 5'8" frame will look jacked. Shorter height = easier to fill out/make it look like you have more muscle.
                          Yeah. Once I lose the rest of the fat around my stomach I should hopefully be down to a 32.

Originally posted by Jersh View Post
                          It's definitely possible in 1 year's time. If you need any tips on anything like lifting routines or meal planning let me know. I have a lot of sources to solid information and I like to think that I know a decent amount about this stuff.
                          Thanks dude. I used to be really big into working out so I'm just working off what I used to do with diet help from my mom (she is a Weight Watchers rep).

As for lifting, I'm mainly going to focus on core, chest, shoulders, and arms. My legs are plenty muscular enough. When I get a gym membership in the fall I'll probably switch to a 4 day cardio schedule and a 3 day lifting schedule. 1 day of cardio will be an easy day to let my body rest. For the most part of the past month I have been going 7 days a week and my body can keep up as long as I get enough sleep.

Btw, I've done all of this without any supplements and I plan to keep it that way.

The Kia has been parted.

Comment

• I'm Jealous Andrew, lol.

I haven't gained any progress from exercising other than fitness. I can thank my love for food for that...

Comment

• Supplements are silly I think.

I'm not sure why I quit after 6 weeks. I'm not fat by any means, 5' 10" 165ish, but I lack definition. I did P90X back in '09 and was down to 143 . That was too skinny so I stopped and gained all the weight back. Smoking marijuana and not wanting to go to the gym in the first place = nothing.

Comment

Yeah. Once I lose the rest of the fat around my stomach I should hopefully be down to a 32.

Thanks dude. I used to be really big into working out so I'm just working off what I used to do with diet help from my mom (she is a Weight Watchers rep).

As for lifting, I'm mainly going to focus on core, chest, shoulders, and arms. My legs are plenty muscular enough. When I get a gym membership in the fall I'll probably switch to a 4 day cardio schedule and a 3 day lifting schedule. 1 day of cardio will be an easy day to let my body rest. For the most part of the past month I have been going 7 days a week and my body can keep up as long as I get enough sleep.

Btw, I've done all of this without any supplements and I plan to keep it that way.

I'd still do legs though, even if they are already strong. Maybe still do squats or dead lifts
                                since they're such a great all around exercise. And don't forget you're back either. I see way too many people that lift chest frequently and don't balance out with back excersises. It leaves you with poor posture and shoulder issues.

As for supplements, they can't do anything but help. I don't take a lot of stuff, just a simple NCAA approved pre workout, amino acids, glutamine, a daily vitamin, and fish oil. I have protein powder, but it's not really necessary when you can eat a meal immediately after lifting.
                                ///M 2.0

Comment

Working...
                                X