• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Jesus Christ View Post
    i plan on running a 255 out back, at the very least a 245 on a 10" or 10.5

what sizes you run roman?
    I run 215-235 range on 9s

I've got fairly minimal camber atm, so any more tire and I would be struggling as i'm still stock power around 130kWs

Originally posted by Dudermagee View Post
    Never heard that before

Gonna run a huge tire on the bbs's
    I've heard and seen it happen
    Drinking Enthusiast with a Car Problem

Comment

• Dude, you are doing 16s for the RS right? What are you planning to run for a tire? The widest thing I could find that wasn't overly tall was a 255/50/16 :/

EDIT: And that is actually way taller than I was thinking it was in my head as well.
      Last edited by Moose; 06-20-2012, 07:45 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dudermagee View Post
        I've heard they are okay for what they are, I'd still get a nardi or personal.

Yeah man, gonna call in a couple min and order that stuff
        Nardi limitted edition Orido Style one or the Nobuteer Tanaguch limited edition Nardi

I've come accross both of them

Friend now has 2 Nardi Orido Style wheels, they were $600ea second hand but in mint condition

Comment

• Originally posted by Average_Jerk View Post
          except Nardi is more than you can afford pal
          Pffft
          Originally posted by 180roman View Post
          I run 215-235 range on 9s

I've got fairly minimal camber atm, so any more tire and I would be struggling as i'm still stock power around 130kWs

I've heard and seen it happen
          On an s14?
          Originally posted by Moose View Post
          Dude, you are doing 16s for the RS right? What are you planning to run for a tire? The widest thing I could find that wasn't overly tall was a 255/50/16 :/
          I think that's what I was planning on running in the rear but I honestly can't remember ATM.
          need to focus on the equips first
          Dude... My nissan has like a v8, man.

Comment

• Originally posted by Average_Jerk View Post
            except Nardi is more than you can afford pal
            Rennstall.

Originally posted by Moose View Post
            Dude, you are doing 16s for the RS right? What are you planning to run for a tire? The widest thing I could find that wasn't overly tall was a 255/50/16 :/
            That's perfect
            I dislike Byron.

Comment

• Originally posted by Moose View Post

EDIT: And that is actually way taller than I was thinking it was in my head as well.
              Euro spec Falken 912s are available with a much shorter sidewall than anything in the states. I dunno how wide they go. but might be worth looking into. I know they offer a 215/35/16
              Website | Facebook | Instagram @Broadway_Static

Comment

• Originally posted by Dudermagee View Post
                On an s14?
                S13, but not sure if S14 would suffer from similar issues or not, S13s are a few years older though

Comment

• Originally posted by got splits? View Post
                  That's perfect
                  Not quite, it is over 2 inches bigger in diameter than my current 215/40/17s, and I wanted to step down a bit in height if anything.

Originally posted by Average_Jerk View Post
                  Euro spec Falken 912s are available with a much shorter sidewall than anything in the states. I dunno how wide they go. but might be worth looking into. I know they offer a 215/35/16
                  Noted, I was more concerned with decently wide and short, compared to the narrow side on tires. If I did 16s, which I would like to do, I would want be at a 10.5"-11" up front and a 11"-12" out back, so a 215/40/16 wouldn't quite cut it. May just not be possible with the available 16" tires and I will either have to run less barrel, step down to a 15" wheel, or stay 17"s.

Comment

Not quite, it is over 2 inches bigger in diameter than my current 215/40/17s, and I wanted to step down a bit in height if anything.

Noted, I was more concerned with decently wide and short, compared to the narrow side on tires. If I did 16s, which I would like to do, I would want be at a 10.5"-11" up front and a 11"-12" out back, so a 215/40/16 wouldn't quite cut it. May just not be possible with the available 16" tires and I will either have to run less barrel, step down to a 15" wheel, or stay 17"s.
                    Are you running 10.5 up front right now?

IG: PavelKostyurin

Comment

• Oh oops haha okay in that case way too thick like you said.
                      245/45?
                      I dislike Byron.

Comment

I just found 305/40/16
                        Website | Facebook | Instagram @Broadway_Static

Comment

• Hahahahahaha the selling the turbo kit just texted me back and said make me an offer, I said I did its 550$
                          I dislike Byron.

Comment

• Originally posted by got splits? View Post
                            Hahahahahaha the selling the turbo kit just texted me back and said make me an offer, I said I did its 550$
                            If he agrees, say because he hesitated, the offer is now $500

Comment

• Originally posted by PavelK313 View Post
                              Are you running 10.5 up front right now?
                              10", but I want a bit more poke especially if going to a 16", I gained a bit of camber with the air so have bit more clearance, it tucks the top of the rim into the fender.

Originally posted by Average_Jerk View Post
                              I just found 305/40/16
                              The Mickey Thompsons? haha Apparently Toyo makes a 245/35/16, that would probably work for me. Really wanted to go with a 275/35 or 275/40 or something, but don't think there is anything close to that.

Comment

10", but I want a bit more poke especially if going to a 16", I gained a bit of camber with the air so have bit more clearance, it tucks the top of the rim into the fender.

The Mickey Thompsons? haha Apparently Toyo makes a 245/35/16, that would probably work for me. Really wanted to go with a 275/35 or 275/40 or something, but don't think there is anything close to that.
                                I didnt know you switched to air.
                                Do you have any problems clearing 10 at full lock on the frame rail?
                                From some angles I think E39 can look better on 17's and looks dunk status on 18's.
                                Kind of want to also try smaller wheel but dont feel like investing any more money into it.
                                Last edited by PavelK313; 06-20-2012, 08:35 PM.

IG: PavelKostyurin

Comment

Working...
                                X