• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yeah 528e
    I dislike Byron.

Comment

• Originally posted by got splits? View Post
      Fuck that's a crazy list.

I've seen people with stock shit get atleast 300 wheel.
      Turbo, exhaust mani, lines, intercooler and piping, tune probably ran them 1300$ I think. But like you said it could be sketch haha.

The tubing and stuff like that I can get done for cheap around here. Tune and turbo are gonna rape me lol.

Fuuuuck I have no idea what I'm doing. Wanna learn though :/
      Thats just for ebay piping, labor isnt included in that or tune or gauges that are essential.

i do this shit every single day man, no 1300 dollar set up is worth having.

2k is more like it, that will be a decent set up.

Email | Website | Facebook | Instagram @Broadway_Static

Comment

• Originally posted by Jesus Christ View Post
        Thats just for ebay piping, labor isnt included in that or tune or gauges that are essential.

Yeah thats why I'm stating my thoughts in here and asking questions cause I know you outta all people know this shit good haha. And Dave.

I don't have to cheap out at all, I don't mean to sound like I wanna run it sketch. I wanna hopefully finish the motor and build the wheels by H2O but it's probably gonna be one or the other haha
        I dislike Byron.

Comment

• Don't turbo a 528e. No point, and it'd be more trouble than it's worth.

Swap in an M30B35, or better yet an s50/52.

Build your wheels now, and save fucking with the motor till this fall/winter.
          Ol Dirty Bastard - RIP

Photo by Alex Dooley
          2016 Ducati Scrambler, 2015 Subaru Impreza

Comment

• Look in to Holset hx35w. That's the only "budget" turbo worth having.

anything else decent STARTS at 750.

Email | Website | Facebook | Instagram @Broadway_Static

Comment

• Originally posted by theseeker411 View Post
              Don't turbo a 528e. No point, and it'd be more trouble than it's worth.

Really? I've heard alotta good things about the 2.7 eta motor.

S50 would be awesome but can't afford :/
              I dislike Byron.

Comment

• Originally posted by theseeker411 View Post
                Don't turbo a 528e. No point, and it'd be more trouble than it's worth.

Build your wheels now, and save fucking with the motor till this fall/winter.
                Yeah I'm thinking this, especially since the dd is a possible m3. (looking at 2 this week)

Also I really fucking want hatge's. I think I'm just gonna. Save up and have a set shipped from Germany. It'll cost as much as it would for the lips and barels alone lol

Originally posted by Jesus Christ View Post
                Look in to Holset hx35w. That's the only "budget" turbo worth having.

Sweet will do!
                I dislike Byron.

Comment

I wanna start turbo-ing shit :|
                  I already am

Originally posted by PavelK313 View Post
                  You can go FI for right about $1k.
                  uhhhhhhhh do you want your motor to last? or are we talking 3 psi

Originally posted by got splits? View Post
                  That's what I'm aiming for like 1000-1500$

350rwhp would be awesome. Already have a 4.10 lsd out of an E30 M3 haha.
                  thats going to be hard for a BMW. The mitsu guys using all stock evo parts are around that all said and done money wise. Just for a bolt on kit.

350 would break the car

turboing for 1000 is sketch as fuck.

turbo- 500-900
                  manifold - 400-1k
                  intercooler- 250 for a shit bar and fin
                  piping-250 for ebay IC piping
                  wastegate is 400 minimum for a tial
                  not counting engine management, gauges and lines

as you can see, i thinks its close to impossible to do for 1k reliably
                  he knows his shit

Fuck that's a crazy list.

I've seen people with stock shit get atleast 300 wheel.
                  Turbo, exhaust mani, lines, intercooler and piping, tune probably ran them 1300$ I think. But like you said it could be sketch haha.

The tubing and stuff like that I can get done for cheap around here. Tune and turbo are gonna rape me lol.

Fuuuuck I have no idea what I'm doing. Wanna learn though :/
                  The cheaper you go the less reliable it is. sad but true.

Yeah thats why I'm stating my thoughts in here and asking questions cause I know you outta all people know this shit good haha. And Dave.

I don't have to cheap out at all, I don't mean to sound like I wanna run it sketch. I wanna hopefully finish the motor and build the wheels by H2O but it's probably gonna be one or the other haha
                  Motor builds take time and lots of money for a strong running motor. just throwing perfomance parts at a motor and saying run doesnt work like that. I would at a minimum check bearing specs and everything else if going for a budget motor build. But I am going all out blueprinted build.

Look in to Holset hx35w. That's the only "budget" turbo worth having.

I love holsets. I think eventually I may go with a HX40 for my car.

Quote train :comeatmebrah:

Comment

• my phone hates low light pictures, but 2 grand so far

Comment

• Not bad!

Also the motor I'm looking to turbo has 10 miles in it haha so it's like all new. That's why anything motor related I've kinda put aside and starting thinking about piecing together a kit.
                      I dislike Byron.

Comment

• What is the compression level? Bmw's tend to have pretty high compression, so you'd want to switch the HG.

E30 V8 Build thread

Go here be happy!

Instagram: stuartrussell

Store: alwaysindividual.bigcartel.com

Comment

• I'm gonna not act all smart and like I know my shit and instead ask you da fuq?
                          I dislike Byron.

Comment

I'm gonna not act all smart and like I know my shit and instead ask you da fuq?
                            Whats the compression ratio? If its high, you'll have to swap to a thicker head gasket to lower the compression ratio for boost.

The Kia has been parted.

Comment

I'm gonna not act all smart and like I know my shit and instead ask you da fuq?
                              The compression level of the engine haha. Older bmw engines tend to have 10:1, or something around there. Ideally you want an 8:1 or around there if you want to boost, which you can do with a different head gasket. Jaze knows much more than I do though, so I'll let him chime in if he feels led.

E30 V8 Build thread

Go here be happy!

Instagram: stuartrussell

Store: alwaysindividual.bigcartel.com

Comment

Not bad!

Also the motor I'm looking to turbo has 10 miles in it haha so it's like all new. That's why anything motor related I've kinda put aside and starting thinking about piecing together a kit.
                                Yeah should be done by end of july.

Thats pretty good. Though I assume stock, if it is do at least a minimum or ARP, rod bolts, ARP head Studs. Should help keep things together for longer.

Originally posted by FunfGang View Post
                                What is the compression level? Bmw's tend to have pretty high compression, so you'd want to switch the HG.
                                That is true but he could run lower boost and a stellar tune and be fine. My motor all said and done will be almost 10.0 in comp running 25lbs of boost.

Just comes down to the tune, the amount of air a turbo pushes, and the amount of boost.

Comment

Working...
                                X