This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Francois Dillinger View Post
    fair enough. it just sucks seeing a shop who is obviously capable of extremely high end work half ass someone's car like that. the paint is embarrassing and the fender roll job is horrendous. really makes it look like no fucks are given about the little guy. obviously high dollar jobs might be preferred, but i would imagine you guys would want to preserve your image of being a shop that does top notch work, and not be associated with shitty jobs like that.
    I understand your concern, which is a thought I've had in my head many times over.

That being said, it is being dealt with so any concerns you may have, please do go through the owner of the car.

I, like so many of you, come to Random Thread to have a brief hiatus from work. Maybe I'm too optimistic in hoping that RT could be an escape from my work, rather than a supplement to it. We are one of the chief sponsors of the board, after all, so perhaps it is mostly optimism talking there.

This (RT) is the one place I am comfortable taking off my Media Director hat and just shooting the shit. While I'd like to request that I not be made bereft of this pleasure, I do suppose I understand should that happen. Work isn't always joy and laughter, after all.

And, as far as I know, I'm still the only one to get banned for overusing yeahfuckyeah.gif, so I will continue to call myself an expert in that meme.
    Last edited by FluidMotorUnion; 04-16-2012, 05:34 PM.

www.fluidmotorunion.com
    www.stanceworks.com

Originally posted by Oxer
    I'm pretty sure I will molest any exhaust systems you leave lying around

Comment

• While his name is FMU here, Andrew really isn't the person that needs to receive anything on this. He just works there.

Comment

• Originally posted by SeanDub View Post
        While his name is FMU here, Andrew really isn't the person that needs to receive anything on this. He just works there.
        This.

Andrew isn't who you should be talking to about it. While he bears the name he has no power over the job that was done on Kyle's car. He's just a mere minian.
        - Kielan (Key-lin)

Comment

• You got an overnight ban for overusing that gif? Thats something to be proud of.

E30 V8 Build thread

Go here be happy!

Instagram: stuartrussell

Store: alwaysindividual.bigcartel.com

Comment

• He is just the cameraman and editor no hands on stuff right?

Comment

• Originally posted by Kielan View Post
              He's just a mere minian.
              Oh, MINION. I googled "minian," thinking it was a word I didn't really know, and this was the answer Google provided me:

(Minia) (p)- Place for young adventurers. Favourite fundraising area of the Creator.
              Makes much more sense as 'minion.' I also thought you'd omitted a V and called me a minivan. Which is probably the most offensive way one could read into that. Unless you're into minivans, in which case I won't pass judgement.

Originally posted by FunfGang View Post
              You got an overnight ban for overusing that gif? Thats something to be proud of.
              SeanDub also carries the honor of being the first admin to ban a sponsor. I had received notice of the ban while out drinking with my friends, and I loved it. Burroughs and Ben also got a kick out of it, but they ended my ban early anyway. Nice guys.

Originally posted by mrg7243 View Post
              He is just the cameraman and editor no hands on stuff right?
              I do the photo and video for the website, along with the social media. I also field replies to our various e-mail addresses, mostly inquiries about stacks and stuff like that.

I'm also the PR mouthpiece when necessary.

Nothing hands-on, no actual billed work here ever touches my hands (not counting customer-okay'ed test drives for the camera, and positioning cars for photos, but that's all done after the work is complete). The only time I have actual hands-on experience is with my own personal car, and if the guys ever need help on a FMU project car (Gold Wheels, Roadster, X5, etc.)

I also run errands, but that's just because I love driving.
              Last edited by FluidMotorUnion; 04-16-2012, 06:15 PM.

www.fluidmotorunion.com
              www.stanceworks.com

Comment

• Ahhh yeeeaa

Banning sponsors, like a boss!

Comment

• Originally posted by FluidMotorUnion View Post
                  SeanDub also carries the honor of being the first admin to ban a sponsor. I had received notice of the ban while out drinking with my friends, and I loved it. Burroughs and Ben also got a kick out of it, but they ended my ban early anyway. Nice guys.
                  Thats awesome man. You take some darn good photography, by the way.

Also, I've narrowed down my favorite plate ideas for the pos; "pwnycar" and "five oh". Opinions?

E30 V8 Build thread

Go here be happy!

Comment

• Originally posted by SeanDub View Post
                    Ahhh yeeeaa

Banning sponsors, like a boss!

E30 V8 Build thread

Go here be happy!

Comment

• Originally posted by FluidMotorUnion View Post
                      I understand your concern, which is a thought I've had in my head many times over.

That being said, it is being dealt with so any concerns you may have, please do go through the owner of the car.

I, like so many of you, come to Random Thread to have a brief hiatus from work. Maybe I'm too optimistic in hoping that RT could be an escape from my work, rather than a supplement to it. We are one of the chief sponsors of the board, after all, so perhaps it is mostly optimism talking there.

This (RT) is the one place I am comfortable taking off my Media Director hat and just shooting the shit. While I'd like to request that I not be made bereft of this pleasure, I do suppose I understand should that happen. Work isn't always joy and laughter, after all.

And, as far as I know, I'm still the only one to get banned for overusing yeahfuckyeah.gif, so I will continue to call myself an expert in that meme.
                      take a load off, stay for the punch. i also use this as my sanctuary where i can call a spade a spade and not worry about shit.

we know you didn't touch the car, i for one know what it's like to bang out cars one after another and have the ONE thing you do not at 100% be magnified. it's a lot of pressure to be expected to be out of this world, i do not envy your technicians.

Email | Website | Facebook | Instagram @Broadway_Static

Comment

• In other news, air cooled porsche i was servicing...

Did all the basic seals and basic maintenance told him it was 1k and was expecting to get haggled and shit. Dude paid cash and bought me lunch. he's bringing his Cayenne for servicing cause im so reasonably priced....i need to start working on porsches.

Comment

• Hahaha welcome to the good life

Comment

• dude, it's nuts. it's not like they are hard to work on or anything. it's just the owners are that clueless.

Comment

• Originally posted by FunfGang View Post
                              Thats awesome man. You take some darn good photography, by the way.

Also, I've narrowed down my favorite plate ideas for the pos; "pwnycar" and "five oh". Opinions?
                              Thanks! The first time I ever used a DSLR was my first day working here. So in less than two years I've had a lot of hands-on time to figure things out. I know what I'd like to look at, which is how I gauge what pictures to take and how to take them.

And allow me to give you a third option - 'lil pwny'. Too bad you can't have "mylilpwny," because that would be the end-all be-all of license plates.

Originally posted by FunfGang View Post
                              Don't say I didn't warn you. Crap, even quoting this gif has me sweating nervously.

Originally posted by Jesus Christ View Post
                              take a load off, stay for the punch. i also use this as my sanctuary where i can call a spade a spade and not worry about shit.

we know you didn't touch the car, i for one know what it's like to bang out cars one after another and have the ONE thing you do not at 100% be magnified. it's a lot of pressure to be expected to be out of this world, i do not envy your technicians.
                              Thanks Jaze. This is the one forum I've loved since the minute I stepped foot in here, and even if I end up parting ways from FMU somewhere down the road, you can damn well bet I'll blow my remaining petty cash pile to buy an E28 and get right back in here with my own name.

www.fluidmotorunion.com
                              www.stanceworks.com

Comment

• Originally posted by Jesus Christ View Post
                                In other news, air cooled porsche i was servicing...

Did all the basic seals and basic maintenance told him it was 1k and was expecting to get haggled and shit. Dude paid cash and bought me lunch. he's bringing his Cayenne for servicing cause im so reasonably priced....i need to start working on porsches.
                                I'll work with you.

Originally posted by Jesus Christ View Post
                                dude, it's nuts. it's not like they are hard to work on or anything. it's just the owners are that clueless.
                                On point.

Charge more next time.

Originally posted by Longboarding_G
                                you sir, win this battle.
                                “Producing something of quality is obsessing over details nobody sees.”

Comment

Working...
                                X