X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by TheNeek View Post
    I used a couple of these for connecting my stereo in the E21

what is the exact term to look for these type of connectors or others of the like?
    Originally posted by Kielan
    I've had a lot more fun in my Dad's Prius than I care to admit.

BMW e23 build Thread

Comment

• I really don't know shit about welding, so I'm hoping this guy is gonna be alright doing this. He does low riders and trucks and weld all kinds of stuff. But he seem weirded out at how these struts are lol.
      I dislike Byron.

Comment

• Originally posted by FunfGang View Post
        Were not THAT persistent...
        uhhh yeah you are hahaha.

surprisingly E21 guys are the second craziest bunch. I never even saw an e21 in person till last year and now i have 5 people ready to pre order something i havent even started on.

Originally posted by TheNeek View Post
        Funny when AN fittings are "cheap".

Some of the mil spec connectors we use in our avionics are thousands of dollars and that's just the jack side.

like this:

i used a few MIL SPEC connectors on my engine harness but they where no where near as baller as that, i used regular stainless 55 pin round plugs.

The crimper for the MIL SPEC stuff is more than peoples whole cars.

do you guys use a specific wire like raychem?

Email | Website | Facebook | Instagram @Broadway_Static

Comment

• Originally posted by NegativeCamber View Post
          what is the exact term to look for these type of connectors or others of the like?
          i used the ones from chasebays for my engine harness, but it was like 300 bucks.

i've been looking for a cheaper solution too.

Comment

• Originally posted by WICKED WEISS View Post
            Do you need another test car? Or E38 suspension parts? Because I can get you both.
            PM me your number, ill shoot you a call.

and triple posting like im dave in this bitch.

Comment

• Nic! I want one of your BMW shirts!

Please.

Originally posted by Longboarding_G
              you sir, win this battle.
              “Producing something of quality is obsessing over details nobody sees.”

Comment

• Originally posted by Jesus Christ View Post

surprisingly E21 guys are the second craziest bunch. I never even saw an e21 in person till last year and now i have 5 people ready to pre order something i havent even started on.
                hey now! Good luck with that. Stub axles are required for the fronts. And depending on year the stub axles are different. Don't even bother.

Originally posted by Jesus Christ View Post
                i used a few MIL SPEC connectors on my engine harness but they where no where near as baller as that, i used regular stainless 55 pin round plugs.

The crimper for the MIL SPEC stuff is more than peoples whole cars.

do you guys use a specific wire like raychem?
                True about the crimper. The pins are rad. Machined, gold dipped, with inspection holes.

We do the boxes themselves. The air frame manufacturers are the ones that do all the aircraft wiring. I deal mostly with the panel mounted connectors (the mate to what is in the aircraft).

Originally posted by NegativeCamber View Post
                Mil-Spec will bring up quite a bit. Commonly referred to in the industry as "cannon" connectors. I can help you build a part number if you want. I have the bible for these Amphenol connectors.

Originally posted by Spencer View Post
                Nic! I want one of your BMW shirts!

Please.
                I know rad right?
                Last edited by TheNeek; 04-03-2012, 05:39 PM.

Mr. Belvedere

I want to buy your single 4x100 Ronal Racing center

Comment

PM me your number, ill shoot you a call.

and triple posting like im dave in this bitch.
                  I'm about to give Jesus Christ my digits.

I'll PM you now.
                  Last edited by WICKED WEISS; 04-03-2012, 05:41 PM.
                  Instagram @wickedweiss

Fix your sig pic size cunt. <3 Ox.

Comment

• HA! I just googled "cannon connector" for you Erik to see what came up.

this photo made me lol

derp

Mr. Belvedere

Comment

• Sup bros.
                      - Kielan (Key-lin)

Comment

I know rad right?
                        Very much so. Good work. Will you be selling them?

Originally posted by Longboarding_G
                        you sir, win this battle.
                        “Producing something of quality is obsessing over details nobody sees.”

Comment

Mil-Spec will bring up quite a bit. Commonly referred to in the industry as "cannon" connectors. I can help you build a part number if you want. I have the bible for these Amphenol connectors.
                          thanks. thats all i needed to know. i will remember you are my contact when i start on my future wiring harness later down the road.
                          Originally posted by Kielan
                          I've had a lot more fun in my Dad's Prius than I care to admit.

BMW e23 build Thread

Comment

Funny, most e30's owners can't even afford a new lip... I guess the ones who wonna go low have the cash.
                            Last edited by FunfGang; 04-03-2012, 06:03 PM.

E30 V8 Build thread

Go here be happy!

Instagram: stuartrussell

Store: alwaysindividual.bigcartel.com

Comment

hey now! Good luck with that. Stub axles are required for the fronts. And depending on year the stub axles are different. Don't even bother.
                              are the stub axles required to get as low as you or needed in general? one of the dudes inquiring wanted an insert, threads and springs like the DIY coiloverkit sold for e30's so i assumed the only difference was the diameter of the strut tube.

Comment

• Originally posted by Spencer View Post
                                Very much so. Good work. Will you be selling them?
                                Nah, I had those patches for quite some time. Finally got around to buying the Dickie's shirts and Steph was kind enough to sew them on.

Originally posted by NegativeCamber View Post
                                thanks. thats all i needed to know. i will remember you are my contact when i start on my future wiring harness later down the road.
                                Anytime. Be aware the crimp tool needs to be borrowed from an aircraft mechanic or purchased (take out a mortgage).

Originally posted by Jesus Christ View Post
                                are the stub axles required to get as low as you or needed in general? one of the dudes inquiring wanted an insert, threads and springs like the DIY coiloverkit sold for e30's so i assumed the only difference was the diameter of the strut tube.
                                DIY coilover would work. But if you're doing a new threaded insert, you have to cut the old strut tube out of the stub axle and then weld in a new one. I thought your coilovers were fully threaded struts? not inserts and sleeves.
                                Last edited by TheNeek; 04-03-2012, 06:19 PM.

Mr. Belvedere

Comment

Working...
                                X