This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Jesus Christ View Post
    today is a pagan holiday recognized and celebrated by christians and catholics...but god forbid those gays get married
    yes and no.. the festival to Juno love godess or whatever was hijacked by the early believers.

Since Emperor Claudius was loosing soldier recruits to marriage and apathy, why not outlaw marriage etc.. but the Pastor Valentine went ahead and married roman boys and gals in secret until he was caught..imprisoned...beaten to death...and beheaded for good measure.

It just so happened his death was on the Juno feast of love, ironic at best...therefore, to ditch the pagan feast and hijack it with a Jesus love centered theme, the later clergy flipped the holiday that direction a couple hundred years later after Constantine pretty much established Christianity as law so to speak.

Much of Chrisitanity has be taking traditions in the culture at play and flip it until it is only remembered as restructured. Although it has a way of going back to meaningless sale of cards and candies in the new world.

so yeah.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kielan View Post
      Also anyone who has been to school (and that means everyone here understands), that if you are ridiculously tired, you won't focus at all, which means there is basically no point in going to class because you are going to get just as much out of it, as you would if you weren't even there. It makes it irrelevant.
      I am that way right now but just playing on my laptop to keep me awake since this class sucks ass anways

50.8% on my first chem test fuck yeah haha

Comment

• Originally posted by shogunner View Post
        yes and no.. the festival to Juno love godess or whatever was hijacked by the early believers.

Since Emperor Claudius was loosing soldier recruits to marriage and apathy, why not outlaw marriage etc.. but the Pastor Valentine went ahead and married roman boys and gals in secret until he was caught..imprisoned...beaten to death...and beheaded for good measure.

It just so happened his death was on the Juno feast of love, ironic at best...therefore, to ditch the pagan feast and hijack it with a Jesus love centered theme, the later clergy flipped the holiday that direction a couple hundred years later after Constantine pretty much established Christianity as law so to speak.

Much of Chrisitanity has be taking traditions in the culture at play and flip it until it is only remembered as restructured. Although it has a way of going back to meaningless sale of cards and candies in the new world.

so yeah.
        You must be from Texas. No one actually cares that much about someone calling them out on celebrating Valentines day, apart from a southerner who feels their views have been threatened.

No wonder JDel wants to move there.
        - Kielan (Key-lin)

Comment

• Originally posted by mrg7243 View Post
          I am that way right now but just playing on my laptop to keep me awake since this class sucks ass anways

50.8% on my first chem test fuck yeah haha
          Just got an exam back from last week got a 58%, after the curve. What the fuck... Apparently my grade was average for the class. I think that says something about this exam...
          - Kielan (Key-lin)

Comment

Just got an exam back from last week got a 58%, after the curve. What the fuck... Apparently my grade was average for the class. I think that says something about this exam...
            yeah mine was that after the curve. I didnt really care bout it and the proff. didnt even go over half the material on the test.

Comment

• Originally posted by mrg7243 View Post
              yeah mine was that after the curve. I didnt really care bout it and the proff. didnt even go over half the material on the test.
              Oh all of what the professor said was going to be on the exam was on the exam. The content is just really hard to understand, and I can't even be mad at the professor. He's a great dude, and a great teacher, just the material is absurd.
              - Kielan (Key-lin)

Comment

• Originally posted by shogunner View Post

so yeah.
                interesting stuff, but that was no coincidence.

they could have celebrated his birthday or any other day but they chose a pagan holiday cause it was a pretty cool concept. They had to bury the original meaning because it conflicted with their beliefs, like any other religious group would do

Email | Website | Facebook | Instagram @Broadway_Static

Comment

Oh all of what the professor said was going to be on the exam was on the exam. The content is just really hard to understand, and I can't even be mad at the professor. He's a great dude, and a great teacher, just the material is absurd.
                  Thats understandable, the highest grade in the class was a 82% its really sad. He isnt even a teacher just a lab coordinator, this is his second semester of teaching. I really despise the class

Comment

• Originally posted by Jesus Christ View Post
                    interesting stuff, but that was no coincidence.

they could have celebrated his birthday or any other day but they chose a pagan holiday cause it was a pretty cool concept. They had to bury the original meaning because it conflicted with their beliefs, like any other religious group would do
                    you know they actually meant to hijack the pagan holidays and replace them.. I think it was mostly from the time Constantine took over and wanted to change all the sun god celebrations to Jesus themed ideas...like dec 25 for example, and sunday as well..

even in the first century the actual authors of the gospel letters and the 11 disciples themselves hijacked the roman mantras at the time...

gospel.=.was the "good news" of the roman foreign conquering of new lands and bringing peace and salvation to those people under their Lord and Savior Cesar _____.

and the early believers were graff artists of the earliest kind... the inscription throughout the roman territories would be vandalized to read Yeshua Ha Moshiac (jesus the christ) where it used to say Cesar whoever etc.

The church now is mostly an empty religion of things that no one has a clue about..but there are still people who believe in the real stuff that don't go around h*ting gays and tattoo'd folk claiming that, that is love..

at any rate yeah...history is fun.
                    Last edited by shogunner; 02-14-2012, 12:57 PM.

Comment

• Holy shit. haha

Congrats on the release of BWS, Kielan and Jaze.

Originally posted by Longboarding_G
                      you sir, win this battle.
                      “Producing something of quality is obsessing over details nobody sees.”

Comment

• I wanna see the site alreadyyyyy
                        I dislike Byron.

Comment

• When are you planning on having your site and FB page up and running?

IG: PavelKostyurin

Comment

• Ello ladies

Comment

• Long time no RT Sean!

Main Page - Facebook - Flickr - Instagram - Twitter
                              Originally posted by Oxer
                              You know who Jason is? Anyone here read the Bible or know most of the stories etc? Who's the guy that stands at the gate and decides if you get into heaven or not? That's Jason. He processes everyone in the intro threads and welcomes them.
                              Originally posted by Average_Jerk
                              Also you relinquish all of your rights by posting in RT. You can be banned at any time for no reason at all.

Comment

• Long time no sw haha, I come back and all the threads I see are trash, friendly reminder why I've found other things to occupy my time lol

Comment

Working...
                                X