Clear All

• and in aus mechanics are pretty much the lowest paid tradesmen

i think ill be getting out of it once ive done my time

Comment

• $20 an hour is shit money here lol

Comment

• $10.25/hr is minimum wage up here.

Comment

• Id take moving out of my parents house over owning an Evo anytime.
          cars and stuff

Comment

• Originally posted by Lukey View Post
            how long does it take you guys to become qualified mechanics?
            I think the main qualifications over here are mainly the ASE Mechanic tests, but that just means you can read material, take a test, and get a patch on your shirt saying you're certified. Honestly, I think its fucking stupid.

I am a certified NYS Vehicle inspector but that we need to have. Again though, I went to a 3 hour class, took notes on a power point, took an open book test, and passed with a 100%.

I went to school with a bunch of idiots who could ace the written material, then didn't have a clue out in the shop. I didn't study at all and graduated with a 3.5 GPA, it all just came to me naturally. Again, not trying to gloat, just stating my experience. I actually had a lot of professors have me work on their own personal vehicles when I wasn't busy, just because they knew I was a good student and I had an idea what I was doing.

I really do love working on cars, but around here there just isn't any money in it.

The Kia has been parted.

Comment

• wow

we do a 3-4 year apprenticeship.

Comment

• I would imagine in an apprenticeship you would learn similar things to what I learned in school. Difference is you're getting paid to learn, and I had to pay to learn.

The Kia has been parted.

Comment

• so do they do apprenticeships in the states?

Comment

• Originally posted by skrapez View Post
                    Id take moving out of my parents house over owning an Evo anytime.
                    I guess when my parents are never home when I am it doesn't really feel like living with them. Everybody's different, if you knew me personally you might understand why I can't just up and leave.
                    BMW E38
                    That White Evo
                    -SOLD
                    instagram @kbuss
                    flickr

Comment

• Its only 930. It needs to be later so I can start drinking...

Haole you're never going to make a case here unless you say why. The "if you knew me" excuse doesn't fly around here.
                      - Kielan (Key-lin)

Comment

• Originally posted by Kielan View Post
                        Its only 930. It needs to be later so I can start drinking...
                        I started drinking at work... dont be a faggot.
                        cars and stuff

Comment

• Originally posted by Lukey View Post
                          so do they do apprenticeships in the states?
                          I'm not really sure.

The Kia has been parted.

Comment

• Originally posted by skrapez View Post
                            I started drinking at work... dont be a faggot.
                            I don't have much to pregame with so I have to drink it fast to make it worth what I have.
                            - Kielan (Key-lin)

Comment

• Originally posted by Haole View Post
                              I guess when my parents are never home when I am it doesn't really feel like living with them. Everybody's different, if you knew me personally you might understand why I can't just up and leave.
                              facebook me. So i can creep your shit... and then judge you on a more personal level.
                              cars and stuff

Comment

• Originally posted by Kielan View Post
                                I don't have much to pregame with so I have to drink it fast to make it worth what I have.
                                Buy more? .......... oh ya thats right... you're 11 years old.
                                cars and stuff

Comment

Working...
                                X