X
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• And why in the fuck did I go to school so I can make 11 fucking dollars an hour as a mechanic?

I think a job search is in order. Fuck this bullshit.

I'm in full rage right now.

The Kia has been parted.

Comment

• I was making $10/hr as a mechanic. Eventually said fuck that and got a job welding. Nearly making double now. Best move I made thus far.
      BMW E38
      That White Evo
      -SOLD
      instagram @kbuss
      flickr

Comment

• Y'all are gay. Fucking move out you infants.
        cars and stuff

Comment

• Yeah. Shit is getting stupid at work between the scheduling and my boss being a complete douche bag so I was already thinking of switching careers anyways. When you generally enjoy working on cars but dread going to work because of your boss, you know its time to do something different. I put up with this shit my last job, I'm not going to do it again.

The Kia has been parted.

Comment

• So I moved out at 18 and now my parents are moving back to Texas lol.

Comment

• Originally posted by skrapez View Post
              Y'all are gay. Fucking move out you infants.
              I so would. I've been asking friends if they want to get a place and split the bills, but they all say they are too poor. Meanwhile, they go out on the weekends non-stop and then buy dumb shit.

If that's the case, its probably good I don't room with them anyways. I'd end up getting fucked over.

The Kia has been parted.

Comment

• $11 an hour as a qualified mechanic?

what the fuck

Comment

• Originally posted by Lukey View Post
                  $11 an hour as a qualified mechanic?

what the fuck
                  This.
                  I'm getting 10.50/hr as a cashier part time.

Comment

• i get $9.93 an hour as a 2nd year apprentice mechanic.

3rd year which is in the netx couple of months will be about $12 and 4th year will be about $14

qualified will prob be around $20 or a bit less

Comment

• Originally posted by Lukey View Post
                      $11 an hour as a qualified mechanic?

what the fuck
                      Yeah. Not to mention I do know my shit (not trying to gloat) and I get my stuff done quickly and rarely have a comeback. If I do have a comeback, its generally because the car owner is a douche.

The Kia has been parted.

Comment

• Originally posted by skrapez View Post
                        Y'all are gay. Fucking move out you infants.
                        Why stress myself out with rent and loan payments when I can live at home a little longer and save some money to live comfortably when I'm ready to move out. There's no rule that says you have to be out at a set age. Plus in this economy with this job market, I think it's better to save some cash and move out when you can afford all the bills incase you are jobless for a couple months.

Just my thoughts from a previous experience.
                        BMW E38
                        That White Evo
                        -SOLD
                        instagram @kbuss
                        flickr

Comment

• That is really messed up Andrew, I'd be really pissed also.

Comment

• we had a lady complain about her wheels getting brake dust on them lol

and another lady, i did a service and another job was "the dash gets very hot". srs.

how long does it take you guys to become qualified mechanics?

Comment

• Working for other people is over rated open your own shop!

Comment

• For instance.

Earlier in the week I did a 1/4" brake line on a Chevy truck that went from the ABS module all the way back to the junction where is split and went to the left/right side. I got it done, bled the brakes a ton of times to make sure there wasn't any air in the lines. Road tested the truck, all was fine.

Truck came back today and owner complained saying the brake pedal was soft and the brakes would go to the floor all the time. I road tested it, felt the brakes were the same before, and then bled the brakes again. 3 times per wheel starting from the Right Rear, to the Left Front, to the Left Rear and finally the Right Front. Mechanic I work with said this is the best way to bleed brakes on GM ABS vehicles. Brake pedal feel after was really good and the owner still thought something was messed up. My boss drove the vehicle and basically told the guy to pound sand, there is nothing wrong with the brakes.

The Kia has been parted.

Comment

Working...
                                X