X
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kielan, once I have money I'll buy stock in your company or help out... until then all I can really give you is this: http://www.complex.com/style/2012/01...ion-industry#1
    ///M 2.0
    G60 POWAR... never forget

Comment

• Originally posted by Kielan View Post
      I'd like to stay away from car related shit hahah. Just more of doing basic designs, (of which I have a few in my mind I want to do), stuff that I could sell as well to other college kids who like dumb shit on shirts and don't want to pay a place $35 to do a shirt. If I can under cut the local places enough, I could get a few orders, and make a decent amount of cash.
      Hahahah I gotcha.
      Well you can count me in though mang.
      I dislike Byron.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jersh View Post
        Kielan, once I have money I'll buy stock in your company or help out... until then all I can really give you is this: http://www.complex.com/style/2012/01...ion-industry#1
        Saw that earlier today on tumblr, but thank you.

Also people who help out are cooler than people who buy stock that doesn't exist.
        - Kielan (Key-lin)

Comment

• I have a friend who's parents own a pretty decent sized t-shirt company, and I've been able to watch/ do a couple prints and make some designs on scrap screens, but I've always been too cheap to buy screens to make anything decent.

They have multi-thousand dollar automated machines to handle their big quotas and dozen-odd color print jobs, but for simple single color prints what you're talking about should be fine.

How are you going to be cutting your screens? Have you had any experience with film photography? That kind of helped me understand the process a little better.
          Originally posted by AMGwheelwhore
          Quitters never stance.

Comment

• Originally posted by jacbo View Post
            I have a friend who's parents own a pretty decent sized t-shirt company, and I've been able to watch/ do a couple prints and make some designs on scrap screens, but I've always been too cheap to buy screens to make anything decent.

They have multi-thousand dollar automated machines to handle their big quotas and dozen-odd color print jobs, but for simple single color prints what you're talking about should be fine.

How are you going to be cutting your screens? Have you had any experience with film photography? That kind of helped me understand the process a little better.
            This is the learning part for me. Cutting screens and shit I'm still not sure about. I don't really have much experience with developing film, if that's what you mean. Although I can change that fairly easily. Is there anything that you can fill me in on needing to know?
            - Kielan (Key-lin)

Comment

Kielan, once I have money I'll buy stock in your company or help out... until then all I can really give you is this: http://www.complex.com/style/2012/01...ion-industry#1
              Originally posted by Kielan View Post
              Saw that earlier today on tumblr, but thank you.

Also people who help out are cooler than people who buy stock that doesn't exist.
              I'm into button ups, henleys, and pattern designs/material use... I was never really good at drawing. If you ever need help with that stuff, I'd be down.
              ///M 2.0

Comment

• hai

and students with their moneymaking scheme's lol
                Floccinaucinihilipilification

Comment

• I've never done them at home, but I figure you're going to need some kind of darkroom and an enlarger.

My friends' setup was computerized, but what you're going to be cutting from can really be anything that creates a negative of the image you're cutting. Cutting screens is less finicky than developing because you don't have to worry about light regulation or accidentally over developing your print.

Shit, I'd imagine you could even make a lightbox and cut your patterns out of cardstock or something. Now you've got me thinking... Got dammit I don't need another hobby.
                  Quitters never stance.

Comment

I'm into button ups, henleys, and pattern designs/material use... I was never really good at drawing. If you ever need help with that stuff, I'd be down.
                    You could be of use, later on down the road. BTW, why do I not have your number hahah.
                    Originally posted by jacbo View Post
                    I've never done them at home, but I figure you're going to need some kind of darkroom and an enlarger.

My friends' setup was computerized, but what you're going to be cutting from can really be anything that creates a negative of the image you're cutting. Cutting screens is less finicky than developing because you don't have to worry about light regulation or accidentally over developing your print.

Shit, I'd imagine you could even make a lightbox and cut your patterns out of cardstock or something. Now you've got me thinking... Got dammit I don't need another hobby.
                    I figured it would be a negative. Would say, a vinyl plotter work to cut these negatives out? I feel like that would. And this is the next hobby I really want to get into hahah.
                    - Kielan (Key-lin)

Comment

You could be of use, later on down the road. BTW, why do I not have your number hahah.
                      Cool and if you ever need opinions on any pieces feel free to ask me. I've been told that I have a good taste in fashion and I'd be real happy to help in any way, like I said this is one thing that I'm really interested in too. And I'll pm ya my number haha.
                      ///M 2.0

Comment

Cool and if you ever need opinions on any pieces feel free to ask me. I've been told that I have a good taste in fashion and I'd be real happy to help in any way, like I said this is one thing that I'm really interested in too. And I'll pm ya my number haha.
                        Just text me. 2034512241 hahah.
                        - Kielan (Key-lin)

Comment

• Actually the transfer image (sorry, making shit up as far as terms go) is going to be a positive, whereas the cut screen is going to be a negative.

Regardless, I sound like a plotter would work.
                          Quitters never stance.

Comment

• Originally posted by jacbo View Post
                            Actually the transfer image (sorry, making shit up as far as terms go) is going to be a positive, whereas the cut screen is going to be a negative.

Regardless, I sound like a plotter would work.
                            I knew what you meant haha. And word. I'm looking into a bunch of stuff right now. Really seems like I can make something happen.
                            - Kielan (Key-lin)

Comment

• Need a FL rep? I'm all ova Tallahassee. There's lotsa hipsters here.
                              Quitters never stance.

Comment

I knew what you meant haha. And word. I'm looking into a bunch of stuff right now. Really seems like I can make something happen.
                                I sexted you anyway.
                                ///M 2.0

Comment

Working...
                                X