X
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think someone else went to go see him in here too, unless it was you...

Comment

• Originally posted by coconutt View Post
      I think someone else went to go see him in here too, unless it was you...
      Are you talking to me?
      - Kielan (Key-lin)

Comment

• I just heard that the NDAA bill was passed. We're fucked.
        - Kielan (Key-lin)

Comment

• Originally posted by Kielan View Post
          Are you talking to me?
          Nah because this person said they were gonna see him on NYE. No big deal though, probably was Ratty.

Comment

I just heard that the NDAA bill was passed. We're fucked.
            How so?

edit:
            I imagine you're talking about this part:
            Essentially, law enforcement, via the legislation, now has the authority to arrest anyone, anywhere, on mere suspicion, without a warrant, and hold the detainee at an undisclosed location for an indefinite period of time without allowing that person any contact with family, friends or legal counsel.
            Last edited by Dudermagee; 01-01-2012, 11:30 AM.
            Dude... My nissan has like a v8, man.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dudermagee View Post
              How so?

edit:
              I imagine you're talking about this part:
              From what I've read, seems like it kind of nullifies the bill of rights. I didn't mean we as in people on this forum, but more as a we as in a nation. Giving military the right to operate in our own country? Seems a lot like what military dictatorships do, (the technical term for that escapes me right now).
              - Kielan (Key-lin)

Comment

From what I've read, seems like it kind of nullifies the bill of rights. I didn't mean we as in people on this forum, but more as a we as in a nation. Giving military the right to operate in our own country? Seems a lot like what military dictatorships do, (the technical term for that escapes me right now).
                Yeah I heard about it, but the media didn't really cover it well.....The funny thing is the NDAA is nothing new, its passed every fiscal year to outline the budget for DOD spending. It's definitely a trick\plot to add this little bit in there....
                Add that to the patriot act and SOPA, and the outlook for civil liberties our fore fathers fought for is very grim...

Comment

• Originally posted by Dudermagee View Post
                  Yeah I heard about it, but the media didn't really cover it well.....The funny thing is the NDAA is nothing new, its passed every fiscal year to outline the budget for DOD spending. It's definitely a trickplot to add this little bit in there....
                  Add that to the patriot act and SOPA, and the outlook for civil liberties our fore fathers fought for is very grim...
                  I completely agree. I know the NDAA passes every year, but this one seems to be more extreme than any in the past. If SOPA passes, we are fucking fucked.
                  - Kielan (Key-lin)

Comment

• Originally posted by coconutt View Post
                    I think someone else went to go see him in here too, unless it was you...
                    Originally posted by coconutt View Post
                    Nah because this person said they were gonna see him on NYE. No big deal though, probably was Ratty.
                    Had to have been someone else as I found out I was going around 5 hours before the show and didn't announce it on here.

Originally posted by Kielan View Post
                    Habeus Corpus might be what you're looking for.
                    emkayIV

Comment

• Today would be a good day to get some car shit done, however I have house shit that needs to be done first.
                      such is life

Comment

• Originally posted by ratty View Post
                        Had to have been someone else as I found out I was going around 5 hours before the show and didn't announce it on here.

Habeus Corpus might be what you're looking for.
                        The state of military government control? Definitely not Habeus Corpus.
                        - Kielan (Key-lin)

Comment

The state of military government control? Definitely not Habeus Corpus.
                          Sorry I thought you were still referring to this, I only saw the last part of the post.

Essentially, law enforcement, via the legislation, now has the authority to arrest anyone, anywhere, on mere suspicion, without a warrant, and hold the detainee at an undisclosed location for an indefinite period of time without allowing that person any contact with family, friends or legal counsel.
                          Martial law is military government control. We're far from that.
                          emkayIV

Comment

• We're on our way to it faster than you think. Read up on what this ndaa bill has done and read up on sopa. If that passes fuck that.
                            - Kielan (Key-lin)

Comment

• I had a huge dinner and I'm still starving! Fuuuuu.

Comment

• Still think that 2012 is going to be an awesome year

Comment

Working...
                                X