X
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i wanted to sell the new wheels once they arrived....but they're purdy. maybe i keep them.

shits are never the same since smartphones.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jesus Christ View Post
      people supercharge m44's all the time like that black e36 w/hartges on here with a stock tranny and turbo e30's with m42's. FMU is also building a turbo m44.

if you are racing where the downshifts are brutal then after extended use maybe but never on the street and a once in a while beating.

those guys on bfc have no idea what it takes to blow a tranny up unless its in the track section. buncha "on my way to work in a office" racers trying to look like theyre mario andretti.

cliffs: if i had a engine with less that 230 whp id put in a drift car and triple clutch kick at redline w/o blinking an eye
      Word. You wanna swap my tranny over break? Lolol.
      Originally posted by Francois Dillinger View Post
      i wanted to sell the new wheels once they arrived....but they're purdy. maybe i keep them.

shits are never the same since smartphones.
      What rimzez?
      - Kielan (Key-lin)

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by Spencer View Post
          Some feg named Chris is trying to add me on Facebook.
          He's an asshole who drives a Honda.
          BB6 Prelude . . E36 ///M3 . . VA WRX Limited . . 1969 Nova
          Originally posted by Ollie
          We all love to turn heads. Sub-consciously we're all materialistic attention-craving dickheads.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kielan View Post
            Word. You wanna swap my tranny over break? Lolol.

What rimzez?
            if you have heated garage and lift count me in!

Email | Website | Facebook | Instagram @Broadway_Static

Comment

• Originally posted by MommysLittleMonster View Post
              He's an asshole who drives a Honda.
              His interests are: Gay lube.

Originally posted by Longboarding_G
              you sir, win this battle.
              “Producing something of quality is obsessing over details nobody sees.”

Comment

• Alright boys and girls, opinion time.

My girlfriend's '01 Celica grenaded a few months ago, the rod bearings shit the bed because it ran low on oil and the previous owner is a dipshit. (She had the car literally 2 weeks and it blew up) I cannot find a replacement motor for less than $1,500 ANYWHERE, and the Corolla engines are 20hp weaker than the already-weak 140hp 1ZZ-FE's that come in Celicas. I'm starting to wonder if it would be less painful/cheaper to tear the engine out and rebuild the bottom half of the motor myself.

I figure it like this.

Replacement swap:
                $1,900 out the door, after fluids, a new clutch, resurfacing the flywheel, & other shit.

Rebuilding the engine:
                -$100 for rod bearings
                -$200 to get the block cleaned up and honed (or just hone it myself and save a few bills)
                -$100 to get the rods cleaned up OR $200 for new rods
                -$200 for all new gaskets/seals
                -$250 for a timing belt job (water pump, valve cover seals, ect.)
                -$200 for brand new pistons & rings (the right size this fucking time)
                -$75 for misc. fluids and shit
                -$150 for a new clutch
                At the end of it all, have a FRESH motor that won't consume oil.
                We all love to turn heads. Sub-consciously we're all materialistic attention-craving dickheads.

Comment

• seems like an easy decision....

Comment

• Until you realize the car is at her parent's house, and they don't have a garage to work in. I'd have to pull the motor, get it to my parent's house, into the shop, tear it down, and probably take charge of the whole thing.

Her mom and stepdad agreed to foot the bill on the engine (lol she's not my wife yet thank God), but she has to at least keep the car until she's done with school and can afford something nicer. Another blessing- she wants an E46 325i or 328i badly.

Comment

Alright boys and girls, opinion time.

My girlfriend's '01 Celica grenaded a few months ago, the rod bearings shit the bed because it ran low on oil and the previous owner is a dipshit. (She had the car literally 2 weeks and it blew up) I cannot find a replacement motor for less than $1,500 ANYWHERE, and the Corolla engines are 20hp weaker than the already-weak 140hp 1ZZ-FE's that come in Celicas. I'm starting to wonder if it would be less painful/cheaper to tear the engine out and rebuild the bottom half of the motor myself.

I figure it like this.

Replacement swap:
                      $1,900 out the door, after fluids, a new clutch, resurfacing the flywheel, & other shit.

Rebuilding the engine:
                      -$100 for rod bearings
                      -$200 to get the block cleaned up and honed (or just hone it myself and save a few bills)
                      -$100 to get the rods cleaned up OR $200 for new rods
                      -$200 for all new gaskets/seals
                      -$250 for a timing belt job (water pump, valve cover seals, ect.)
                      -$200 for brand new pistons & rings (the right size this fucking time)
                      -$75 for misc. fluids and shit
                      -$150 for a new clutch
                      At the end of it all, have a FRESH motor that won't consume oil.
                      how many bottom ends have you assembled?

thats pretty precise work to be done by a hobbyist.

Email | Website | Facebook | Instagram @Broadway_Static

Comment

• Originally posted by Jesus Christ View Post
                        how many bottom ends have you assembled?

thats pretty precise work to be done by a hobbyist.
                        -The 350 in my Monte Carlo
                        -The H22A4 in my black car
                        -The KA24DE in my friend's 240SX
                        -The D16 in my friend's boosted Civic
                        -The 250cc engine in my 250R (meh, doesn't really count)

This would make #5(ish)

Comment

• Also, hammer drills fucking suck. My ears are ringing and my hands are fucking sore as shit.

Comment

• Originally posted by Francois Dillinger View Post
                            seems like an easy decision....
                            ya.... buy a bimmer.
                            cars and stuff

Comment

• Originally posted by skrapez View Post
                              ya.... buy a bimmer.
                              I would love nothing more than to set her up in a nice 3-series and give that piece of shit Toyota a big "fuck you". Alas, she's a Nursing student. And as such, has a nursing student budget.

Comment

I would love nothing more than to set her up in a nice 3-series and give that piece of shit Toyota a big "fuck you". Alas, she's a Nursing student. And as such, has a nursing student budget.
                                She should do what most nursing students do.

Originally posted by Longboarding_G
                                you sir, win this battle.
                                “Producing something of quality is obsessing over details nobody sees.”

Comment

Working...
                                X