X
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I suddenly have the desire to slam my winter car.
    BB6 Prelude . . E36 ///M3 . . VA WRX Limited . . 1969 Nova
    Originally posted by Ollie
    We all love to turn heads. Sub-consciously we're all materialistic attention-craving dickheads.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kielan View Post
      So I'm living alone next year in a small studio apartment. This has the potential to really suck.
      And that sucks.....why? I wish I had the money to get a 1 bedroom/studio apartment. But northern VA is a rather expensive place to live. I pretty much have to have roomates to be able to afford rent. 1 bedroom places out where I live range anywhere from $900/month to like $1,300/month. There are cheaper places......usually in the $700's....but they are further south and would extend my commute immensely. Plus, alot of the cheaper places are income restricted, and I make too much to qualify for most of them. That doesn't make sense to me.....you're either poor and get to live somewhere for cheap....or if you make decent money, you're going to be just as broke as the already poor person having to shell out a grand each month just for rent. Right now I rent a condo with two of my best friends.......well technically one of them owns it and I just pay him rent. It's $1,200 a month which breaks down to $400/person. But he recently got married so (obviously) I am moving out soon. The place I am hopefully moving into is $1,611/month.....and that's only because they are discounting it for us as part of a holiday move in special as it's normally $1,800/month. But a two bed room at that same complex is like $1,400-$1,500 a month, and a one bedroom is like $1,100-$1,300 a person. It's just so much more expensive to live on your own. I would love to have the freedom and privacy of a one bedroom....especially for when I want to have a girl over to relax and/or have tons of sex. But it's just too freaking expensive.
      MB Obsidian Black Metallic Crossfire SRT-6
      Instagram - @osshwa

Comment

• Originally posted by Spencer View Post
        If you pay for my food, alcohol and buy me a Penn State shirt I will come visit you at school next year.
        Done.
        Originally posted by PavelK313 View Post
        It actually sounds pretty cool to me. Why dont you like this?
        Because I like having someone to generally bullshit with, and I crave being social. Sitting alone sucks. I'd much rather have a roommate and shoot the shit, than sit there saying nothing at night. College is all about social interactions and living alone makes it that much more difficult. I also for whatever reason have difficulty focusing on my work when I'm alone vs. when I'm with other people.
        Originally posted by MommysLittleMonster View Post
        That. Sucks.

It sucks if you're not good at picking up bitches. Fuck, I WISH I had a place by myself when I was in college.
        Hit the nail on the head.
        - Kielan (Key-lin)

Comment

• Originally posted by OSSHWA View Post
          And that sucks.....why? I wish I had the money to get a 1 bedroom/studio apartment. But northern VA is a rather expensive place to live. I pretty much have to have roomates to be able to afford rent. 1 bedroom places out where I live range anywhere from $900/month to like $1,300/month. There are cheaper places......usually in the $700's....but they are further south and would extend my commute immensely. Plus, alot of the cheaper places are income restricted, and I make too much to qualify for most of them. That doesn't make sense to me.....you're either poor and get to live somewhere for cheap....or if you make decent money, you're going to be just as broke as the already poor person having to shell out a grand each month just for rent. Right now I rent a condo with two of my best friends.......well technically one of them owns it and I just pay him rent. It's $1,200 a month which breaks down to $400/person. But he recently got married so (obviously) I am moving out soon. The place I am hopefully moving into is $1,611/month.....and that's only because they are discounting it for us as part of a holiday move in special as it's normally $1,800/month. But a two bed room at that same complex is like $1,400-$1,500 a month, and a one bedroom is like $1,100-$1,300 a person. It's just so much more expensive to live on your own. I would love to have the freedom and privacy of a one bedroom....especially for when I want to have a girl over to relax and/or have tons of sex. But it's just too freaking expensive.
          it is very expensive living alone lol
          Website | Facebook | Instagram @Broadway_Static

Comment

It's an unfurnished studio apt, and I'm paying 750 a month. If my "friend" didn't back out on me, I would be living in a bigger place 1 br place, with a bigger living room, and be paying less than what I would be to live alone and have less space. If I was where I was supposed to be I'd be paying 550 a month with everything included (cable, heat, electric, parking, hot water, etc), instead I'm paying for all utilities and parking on top of that.
            - Kielan (Key-lin)

Comment

Because I like having someone to generally bullshit with, and I crave being social. Sitting alone sucks. I'd much rather have a roommate and shoot the shit, than sit there saying nothing at night. College is all about social interactions and living alone makes it that much more difficult. I also for whatever reason have difficulty focusing on my work when I'm alone vs. when I'm with other people.

Hit the nail on the head.
              I hope you know I'm only trying to bust your balls, because I'm the same way. I **** being "alone". I'm generally always surrounded by people, unless I have a project in the shop. Even then, I invite people over to bullshit with.

Do you have any friends that are nearby that you could invite over? Do you know people that you could go visit if you were lonely? Could you post a flier looking for a roommate?

Who knows, it may work out for the better in the long run. You could meet a bomb-ass girl and be set. Hell, I met my future wife when I worked at the mall.
              BB6 Prelude . . E36 ///M3 . . VA WRX Limited . . 1969 Nova
              Originally posted by Ollie
              We all love to turn heads. Sub-consciously we're all materialistic attention-craving dickheads.

Comment

• Originally posted by Average_Jerk View Post
                it is very expensive living alone lol
                It's just not fair! lol

I actually found a teenie-tiny 550sq ft 1 bedroom apartment out in the town that I currently live in (in the boonies) for $600 a month.......but by the time I had called the place that had it listed it was already taken

But on the bright side, the place i'm moving into is HUGE (it's 2 bedroom + a den....so basically 3 bedroom because we are using the den as a 3rd bedroom....lol). It's almost 1,500sq feet and has a freaking fireplace! lol

Plus it's like 5 minutes from my job and like 5 minutes from the college campus where I am taking a few classes this coming spring. I'm staying within a half hour from where I live now.....but i'm moving from the country into the city which is where the price increase comes from. The price to pay to live with the rest of civilization
                Instagram - @osshwa

Comment

It's just not fair! lol

I actually found a teenie-tiny 550sq ft 1 bedroom apartment out in the town that I currently live in (in the boonies) for $600 a month.......but by the time I had called the place that had it listed it was already taken

But on the bright side, the place i'm moving into is HUGE (it's 2 bedroom + a den....so basically 3 bedroom because we are using the den as a 3rd bedroom....lol). It's almost 1,500sq feet and has a freaking fireplace! lol

Plus it's like 5 minutes from my job and like 5 minutes from the college campus where I am taking a few classes this coming spring. I'm staying within a half hour from where I live now.....but i'm moving from the country into the city which is where the price increase comes from. The price to pay to live with the rest of civilization
                  thats not bad. I actually got a killer deal on my place. 900sq ft condo with a garage. 2 floors. $800/month

Comment

thats not bad. I actually got a killer deal on my place. 900sq ft condo with a garage. 2 floors. $800/month
                    :O that's pretty good.

Originally posted by Longboarding_G
                    you sir, win this battle.
                    “Producing something of quality is obsessing over details nobody sees.”

Comment

It's an unfurnished studio apt, and I'm paying 750 a month. If my "friend" didn't back out on me, I would be living in a bigger place 1 br place, with a bigger living room, and be paying less than what I would be to live alone and have less space. If I was where I was supposed to be I'd be paying 550 a month with everything included (cable, heat, electric, parking, hot water, etc), instead I'm paying for all utilities and parking on top of that.
                      Ah I see. Yeah $550/month including utilities versus $750/month + utilities.....I can see your frustration now. And having someone to shoot the shit with is fun......but take it from a guy who has had roomates the last 4 years of his life.....it gets old. It's gotten to the point that I now savor my moments alone at my condo. Having to share the "big" TV in the living room, having people bicker over chores (dishes, trash, etc etc) and whatnot even when you're pulling your own weight but the fact that you all work different shifts leads them believe that you aren't soley because they don't "see you" doing them......shit like that gets on your nerves after a while. I would love a one bedroom so that I could have company when and only when I desired to. I have plenty of friends that live nearby, so even if I had a one bedroom gig it wouldn't be difficult to invite a few people over to chill most any time/any day of the week. I honestly think you'll enjoy it once you get past the financial aspect of it.
                      Instagram - @osshwa

Comment

:O that's pretty good.
                        yea, paul hooked it up

Comment

• Am I weird for liking to be alone?

IG: PavelKostyurin

Comment

yea, paul hooked it up
                            Yeah sure as hell sounds like it.

My place is 1,400 sq/ft. $1035 a month. 2 br / 2 bath with a loft.

Originally posted by Longboarding_G
                            you sir, win this battle.
                            “Producing something of quality is obsessing over details nobody sees.”

Comment

Yeah sure as hell sounds like it.

My place is 1,400 sq/ft. $1035 a month. 2 br / 2 bath with a loft.
                              mine is 1br/1.5ba

Comment

• Originally posted by PavelK313 View Post
                                Am I weird for liking to be alone?
                                foreveralone?

Comment

Working...
                                X