X
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Last edited by PavelK313; 12-12-2011, 07:45 PM.

IG: PavelKostyurin

Comment

Last edited by PavelK313; 12-12-2011, 07:45 PM.

Comment

Last edited by PavelK313; 12-12-2011, 07:46 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by PavelK313 View Post
          You're saying that you want to go to linear rate spring. How did you calculate progressive rate on your current springs?
          I calculated it by walking into my garage, deciding my car's a pos, then proceding to search internet on guilt trip. Basically my usual creative process, nothing new.

Originally posted by PavelK313 View Post
          In E36 spring sits next to shosk and its not true coilover. 500lbs rears in E36 set up = 300lbs in E39.
          Different suspension geometry. Plus if they offer that spring you can use it in the car that weights a lot less than E36.
          ohhh thats right, someone mentioned this to me before one time..but apparently i forgot

Originally posted by PavelK313 View Post
          What shocks do you have?
          asslands. from my early ricer days.
          Last edited by Mark Ostrowski; 12-12-2011, 07:47 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mark Ostrowski View Post
            see thats what i thought, but then why would you even offer 4" springs in a 500lb configuration thats what threw me off.

alright well i guess i will look into it some more, would have to find a place to re-valve shocks, gawd fuggin being broke sucks ass i **** my shit suspension
            I'm in need of a pair of front springs for my coilovers. My coilovers have the hub mounts welded to the shock body, so I don't have that 2nd adjustability like other coilovers do.

Right now I have 10k @ 8", and looking to get 12k @ 6". Debating whether to keep it in the family with Tein springs or go with a cheaper but still quality pieces.

Comment

• Swift springs.
              - Kielan (Key-lin)

Comment

• Originally posted by Kielan View Post
                Swift springs.
                BC, Fortune auto or BPM springs are cheaper.
                Last edited by PavelK313; 12-12-2011, 07:53 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by coconutt View Post
                  I'm in need of a pair of front springs for my coilovers. My coilovers have the hub mounts welded to the shock body, so I don't have that 2nd adjustability like other coilovers do.

Right now I have 10k @ 8", and looking to get 12k @ 6". Debating whether to keep it in the family with Tein springs or go with a cheaper but still quality pieces.
                  go with cheaper but still quality pieces, that way, when/if they suck,you won't have to worry about which one to pick next time

Comment

BC, Fortune auto or BPM springs are cheaper.
                    I thought they all used rebranded swifts?
                    - Kielan (Key-lin)

Comment

• Originally posted by Kielan View Post
                      I thought they all used rebranded swifts?
                      Idk exactly.
                      Swift = $70-80 /each
                      Bc, Fortune, PBM = $70-80 /pair

Comment

• Not sure about springs for cars but when I did research on dirtbike springs I was very surprised to find out that there are only a couple of places that actually manufacture springs. Not sure about car springs but I would make a bet that alot of springs are made by a small group of companies.

Comment

• Originally posted by sacrifice View Post
                          Not sure about springs for cars but when I did research on dirtbike springs I was very surprised to find out that there are only a couple of places that actually manufacture springs. Not sure about car springs but I would make a bet that alot of springs are made by a small group of companies.
                          I wouldnt be surprised.

Comment

• brakes are the same way, rotors at least

Comment

• Originally posted by sacrifice View Post
                              Not sure about springs for cars but when I did research on dirtbike springs I was very surprised to find out that there are only a couple of places that actually manufacture springs. Not sure about car springs but I would make a bet that alot of springs are made by a small group of companies.
                              Wouldn't be at all surprised if this were the case.
                              - Kielan (Key-lin)

Comment

I wouldnt be surprised.
                                Originally posted by Kielan View Post
                                Wouldn't be at all surprised if this were the case.
                                yeah me too, im so totally not surprised

Comment

Working...
                                X