Need your guys help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need your guys help

Ok so as you guys may remember I picked up a 95 prelude a little while ago, and after a bunch of shit I was thinking of taking a hit and selling it and just continuing on with the accord. But now I'm in a perdiciment. Some stuff came up at my dads company and now he can have everything that can get fixed at a shop fixed for free for me. But I don't know which car to keep. I love my Accord, and for the most part it likes me. The prelude is gorgeous, but I don't think it likes me very much.

Pros and cons of the Accord

Pros:
    - I've owned the car for 2 years now, so I know every thing that's wrong with it. No suprises.
    - It's a clean looking car
    - It's 4 years newer than the prelude
    - It's a little more sophisticated
    - Never see any cool CG Accords around me.
    - Transmission was just rebuilt over the summer (it would be coming out if I kept the car though)
    - after owning a car for 2 years you get that special connection with it
    - it's not a huge car, but it's not real little
    - Nice coilovers

Cons:
    - She has 180,000+ miles on her
    - She's pretty heavy, but having a stupid fast car doesn't really matter
    - I wish it had a sun roof
    - Needs a paint paint job

Prelude Pros and Cons:

Pros:
    - Also a good looking car
    - Has a pretty fresh motor and transmission in it (around 40,000miles)
    - It's a stick
    - It's pretty quick
    - Sun roof

Cons:
    -Even though the motor is fresh in it it still has 190,000 miles
    - Kid that owned it before me drove like an ass hole
    - It's REALLY loud, last girl I took out in its ears were ringing by the time we got to the movies
    - It's left me stranded twice in a month. The accord has never left me stranded.
    - It's pretty crude to be a daily driver
    - Really shitty bolt pattern 4x114.3
    - Shitty coilovers

With the pros and cons listed I figured I would mention that getting the stuff fixed on the prelude would include possibly having a 5 lug conversion done. However, I doubt the shop would do something that custom, as they're just a repair place.

Chime in with what you think I should do. I'm leaning more towards the Accord just because I've had it long enough to know it in and out.

sell both, buy something better with a blown engine or body damage for cheap and get it repaired for free

Comment

Originally posted by SofaKingCG2 View Post
      Kid that owned it before me drove like an ass hole
      Originally posted by da3bous
      I want you to photoshop a giant penis down the side of my car

Comment

Originally posted by s4cr View Post
        sell both, buy something better with a blown engine or body damage for cheap and get it repaired for free
        This.
        - Kielan (Key-lin)

Comment

As good as an idea that is, if the motor in the car is blown the person that owned it probably didn't take care of the car. I think I'm sticking with the accord. I mean I already have like 3 grand in it between wheels and suspension. Plus the headlights cost me around $500 to do.

Comment

Originally posted by SofaKingCG2 View Post
            As good as an idea that is, if the motor in the car is blown the person that owned it probably didn't take care of the car. I think I'm sticking with the accord. I mean I already have like 3 grand in it between wheels and suspension. Plus the headlights cost me around $500 to do.
            well it seems you know the answer to your question then..

Comment

Originally posted by prodigee View Post
              This.
              well it seems you know the answer to your question then..
              Yeah, plus I'll have the money this summer to do the things that I wanted last summer. Like put a 6 speed manual transmission in it. And maybe swap a new motor in it.

But for right now I'm just worried about getting the little things that need fixing fixed, Getting it painted, and refinishing my wheels.

Comment

Working...
              X