construction class wooden vw mk4 gti

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• construction class wooden vw mk4 gti

I'm starting to build a mini wooden mk4 with the help of my teacher. We've only traced out the body but tomorrow were cutting it out and I'll get pictures up soon. Oh and by the way I'm I'm high school. These are the wheels I'm gonna try to make http://m1359.photobucket.com/albumvi...l?o=0&newest=1
    Last edited by jimbosclice; 06-12-2013, 10:05 PM.

So if you could have any car in the world it would be an MK4?

IG: @_olliee

Comment

Originally posted by Ollie View Post
      So if you could have any car in the world it would be an MK4?
      No it would probably be a Lexus LFA

Comment

dammit ct.

"Everything has potential."

Comment

Originally posted by jimbosclice View Post
          No it would probably be a Lexus LFA
          Edit: I'm just gona go ahead and chop this Out before it causes more problems. Sorry guys.

Anyways. So how are you going about this? Tools? CNC, lathe? I'm a huge fan of wood working and I've got a buddy nationaly recognized for his work. Post pics up ASAP and good luck!
          Last edited by Guest; 06-13-2013, 09:13 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Celli View Post
            ......first, then why not make a wooden LFA instead?
            Second.... The LFA didn't do so well. In fact, there was a guy who bought both the first and the last LFAs sold in America. He dislike it so much, both are gone. Lexus never quite caught on the sportier side of cars. Sc300 died. Sc430 rated the worlds worst car. ISF only selling 580 models and being discontinued. Then the LFA was worked up like crazy, released, and quickly discontinued. Hell, the only thing good the LFA did was the nurburgring edition (pardon my spelling on the track name). Lexus will always be held to the highest of standards when it comes to luxury cars. But they should probably stay away from super cars.

/rant

Edit: all of ^this^ is based on some basic research and facts from carbuzz. If anything up there is incorrect, please correct me.

Anyways. So how are you going about this? Tools? CNC, lathe? I'm a huge fan of wood working and I've got a buddy nationaly recognized for his work. Post pics up ASAP and good luck!
            Ritalin .
            Real name is James

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Celli View Post
                ......first, then why not make a wooden LFA instead?
                Second.... The LFA didn't do so well. In fact, there was a guy who bought both the first and the last LFAs sold in America. He dislike it so much, both are gone. Lexus never quite caught on the sportier side of cars. Sc300 died. Sc430 rated the worlds worst car. ISF only selling 580 models and being discontinued. Then the LFA was worked up like crazy, released, and quickly discontinued. Hell, the only thing good the LFA did was the nurburgring edition (pardon my spelling on the track name). Lexus will always be held to the highest of standards when it comes to luxury cars. But they should probably stay away from
                You really do want to outcast yourself don't you.

Before writing a dumbass long winded rant. Fucking research what your saying. You did not state, in that rant, one correct fact.

Fuck.

I actually **** you.

Comment

Sssoo.... How the progress on the mk4? I **** it when people go around and randomly start trouble in threads so please continue on with the progress

Comment

Well I'm only making a mk4 because a LFA would be to hard and my brother and i love Volkswagen's and he's In Texas for basic training since he's in the air force reserve and I'm making it for him when he gets home from tech school. I'm also taking pictures.

Comment

Looking forward to seeing it all done.

Don't mind Celli, he's the village retard.
                      BB6 Prelude . . E36 ///M3 . . VA WRX Limited . . 1969 Nova
                      Originally posted by Ollie
                      We all love to turn heads. Sub-consciously we're all materialistic attention-craving dickheads.

Comment

I'm interested in seeing what you do. Also, the fact that you're making this for your bro that's in basic right now got to me. Too bad he went chair force reserves but that is a topic for another discussion.
                        Sup. Call me Z.
                        My Accord "build".

Comment

I have auto next period and i'm cutting out the car body then. The only problem i haven't resolved is how i'm going to round the fenders so it doesn't look like a block of wood in the shape of a car so i'm open to any ideas.

Comment

Woah guys, I'm still very interested? I said that at the end that I love wood working and can't wait to see it! I also said those were things I gathered from loose research, if I was wrong on something, please correct me.

I appologize if the idiocy in the top of my post masked my interest. I really do want to see this and can't wait. A few questions, when you build it, are you Building it part by part? Or out of one chunk of wood? Will it roll? Sorry for the barrage of questions.

Comment

I love how well you take things thrown at you, Celli haha
                              -SW|UK-
                              Education - Knowledge - Power
                              insta: @stinkinrich

Comment

Working...
                              X