Inability to enjoy new cars..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Kielan View Post
    I sit in old cars from one to another and get the same feeling.. Cars are made in periods and generally follow general specific styles.

Cars take on the character of their owner, they themselves inherently have no character. It's their owner that makes the car what it is, not the car itself.

Cool a biased article is your way of backing up your point.
    I kinda agree on the owner creating character, but that also in a way disproves you saying brand new cars have character.

Aaand again, I am obviously biased and this is only my opinion..
    I was just asking if other people on here felt the same.

Comment

• Originally posted by SheaMoose View Post
      I kinda agree on the owner creating character, but that also in a way disproves you saying brand new cars have character.

Aaand again, I am obviously biased and this is only my opinion..
      I was just asking if other people on here felt the same.
      No it doesn't, a brand new car can take on the character of the owner very quickly. Our modifications are what make our cars our own. General care for (or lack there of) makes a car what it is. So..
      - Kielan (Key-lin)

Comment

• While I dissagree with Kielan, I gotta give him massive props. He's stuck to his opinions and his responses have been well formulated.

Comment

• I agree, he's a good dude.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jlyons617 View Post
            While I dissagree with Kielan, I gotta give him massive props. He's stuck to his opinions and his responses have been well formulated.
            Agreed.

Even if he is a Prius loving weirdo.
            BB6 Prelude . . E36 ///M3 . . VA WRX Limited . . 1969 Nova
            Originally posted by Ollie
            We all love to turn heads. Sub-consciously we're all materialistic attention-craving dickheads.

Comment

• this may be vague and unwanted, but it is how i form my opinion. throughout my days, i've been in a few wrecks, as im' sure we all have. through stupid teenager days, (not so long ago for some of us), i've been in accidents with what is being described as a 'new' car (a mk5 r32), and character filled old cars (my first car, a beat-to-hell 240z, and a golf mk2). While by no means attempting to call myself a better than average driver, by any means, after the accidents, the older, less capable yet more 'character filled' (mechanical linkages, minimal electronic interference) cars left me with a feeling that I, as a driver, pushed the car's past their limits. I was sure that there was no way the cars were at fault, and I had done something wrong. However, after putting an r32 into a ditch, i was left with an empty feeling. I felt that it wasn't me really driving, and i wasn't in true control of the situation. The same had happened 2 days ago after i was driving through unknown pennsylvania territory, and my tdi mk5 sportwagen found itself in the side of a hill. Obviously I had done something wrong and in the end of the day I was at fault, yet newer cars leave me feeling as if there is a vast gap between what I do and how the car responds. This has basically already been said, just my 2 cents

Comment

• Originally posted by Jawnswagg3r View Post
                this may be vague and unwanted, but it is how i form my opinion. throughout my days, i've been in a few wrecks, as im' sure we all have. through stupid teenager days, (not so long ago for some of us), i've been in accidents with what is being described as a 'new' car (a mk5 r32), and character filled old cars (my first car, a beat-to-hell 240z, and a golf mk2). While by no means attempting to call myself a better than average driver, by any means, after the accidents, the older, less capable yet more 'character filled' (mechanical linkages, minimal electronic interference) cars left me with a feeling that I, as a driver, pushed the car's past their limits. I was sure that there was no way the cars were at fault, and I had done something wrong. However, after putting an r32 into a ditch, i was left with an empty feeling. I felt that it wasn't me really driving, and i wasn't in true control of the situation. The same had happened 2 days ago after i was driving through unknown pennsylvania territory, and my tdi mk5 sportwagen found itself in the side of a hill. Obviously I had done something wrong and in the end of the day I was at fault, yet newer cars leave me feeling as if there is a vast gap between what I do and how the car responds. This has basically already been said, just my 2 cents
                I think you should probably learn to drive and not get in so many accidents, then report back.
                - Kielan (Key-lin)

Comment

• Originally posted by Kielan View Post
                  I think you should probably learn to drive and not get in so many accidents, then report back.
                  He may have written the longest sentence in human history.

Instagram @wickedweiss

Fix your sig pic size cunt. <3 Ox.

Comment

this may be vague and unwanted, but it is how i form my opinion. throughout my days, i've been in a few wrecks, as im' sure we all have. through stupid teenager days, (not so long ago for some of us), i've been in accidents with what is being described as a 'new' car (a mk5 r32), and character filled old cars (my first car, a beat-to-hell 240z, and a golf mk2). While by no means attempting to call myself a better than average driver, by any means, after the accidents, the older, less capable yet more 'character filled' (mechanical linkages, minimal electronic interference) cars left me with a feeling that I, as a driver, pushed the car's past their limits. I was sure that there was no way the cars were at fault, and I had done something wrong. However, after putting an r32 into a ditch, i was left with an empty feeling. I felt that it wasn't me really driving, and i wasn't in true control of the situation. The same had happened 2 days ago after i was driving through unknown pennsylvania territory, and my tdi mk5 sportwagen found itself in the side of a hill. Obviously I had done something wrong and in the end of the day I was at fault, yet newer cars leave me feeling as if there is a vast gap between what I do and how the car responds. This has basically already been said, just my 2 cents
                    You've wrecked how many cars? Maybe you should slow down a little bit.
                    BB6 Prelude . . E36 ///M3 . . VA WRX Limited . . 1969 Nova
                    Originally posted by Ollie
                    We all love to turn heads. Sub-consciously we're all materialistic attention-craving dickheads.

Comment

Unless ice was a factor, slow down while traversing the unknown. Problem solved!

Comment

• Originally posted by SheaMoose View Post
                        I honestly can't think of a new car that I would enjoy owning.
                        I can't get farther than "That looks pretty good" or "Wow, that's fast".
                        They just have no personality, and it feels like you're not even driving a car.

Does anybody understand what I'm trying to get accross?
                        Or am I the only one who would rather have carburetors, manual steering, brakes, and transmission, over heated seats, abs, and tcs?
                        I agree. There are some new cars I like though, like the Nissan Versa and similar, but overall cars are becoming a lot more bland. I like my 90's cars, and some older 70's cars (*cough*Datsuns*cough*)
                        i have the s10 that everybody hates

Comment

Working...
                        X