Fast and The Furious Series

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fast and The Furious Series

I remember when the franchise came out in 2001 and now over 12 years later, it's growing and they were supposed to stop at Fast 7 but how much do you really think they're going to stop there? I sure don't.

I'm curious out of every ones pov,

What is your favorite "Fast" film?

What was your reaction after watching "Fast Six" ?

and the next one is supposed to be back in the home of Los Angeles..What do you think about it?

Jason Statham? The Rock?

I would say my favorite of them all was the F&F 6.

Other than the runway being 15 miles long it seemed to tie the rest of the movies together. And the fact that they are back to where the started. I don't know how much furter they can take the series though

Instagram - @choadyhighroller
    Originally posted by nickskater09
    I think Jody, along with Ashton, like to push the line between "street legal" and "realistically driveable".

Comment

I loved Tokyo Drift because I lurv drifting and some of the cars in it. After watching fast six there were many moments during the movie I thought "really?". I wish they focused more on the cars and chose cars that made more sense...like the Jensen Interceptor. It's a great car and all...but in a movie made for import enthusiasts, it makes no sense. But that doesn't mean I won't be going to see The Fast And The Transporter 4x7.
      IG: @OsakaFlocka

Comment

Tokyo drift was awesome! Haven't seen the newest one yet it I will soon. They'll keep making them till people get sick of seeing them, which will likely take a loooooong time. Hell I'd see fast 23 if they made it
        1999 SL2 Saturn Build rip
        1998 EK hatch Civic Build

Comment

1st one is cool, looking back it was pretty "obnoxious" with all the lime paint jobs and neon and it did spawn a huge wave of copycats (i lost count of lime green eclipse iv seen), my fave cars where the black civics and the S2000 from the whole movie, but back in 2001 many didn't pay so much attention to springlesprangle and back when the movie 1st came out it was something different.

as far as the other ones, Tokyo Drift gets a pass, just seems like they started to lean away from the "street racing" story and just started involving car chases and obscure stunts. I found the 1st scene in F&F 6 very amusing when a Challenger over takes a GTR on a canyon road, that pretty much summed up the movie for me, a lot of moments in the movie i asked myself "how?" glad i didn't pay to see it.

as far as F&F 7 goes... im not sure how a horror movie director/producer (and not necessarily a good one) is going to pull off an action/car film.
          Last edited by FunkyWagon; 05-31-2013, 12:24 AM.
          i don't use a computer for music, Strictly HARDware, Cassettes, Vinyl, Samplers and Drum-Machines.

https://soundcloud.com/baphcat

Comment

I miss when the series was about cars.
            BB6 Prelude . . E36 ///M3 . . VA WRX Limited . . 1969 Nova
            Originally posted by Ollie
            We all love to turn heads. Sub-consciously we're all materialistic attention-craving dickheads.

Comment

I've seen all of them with the exception of the new one, and I think my favorites are the first one and Tokyo Drift. While the others were good, I can watch those ones over and over and enjoy them just the same.

The Kia has been parted.

Comment

I actually think the change from street racing and "cars" to heists was pretty cool and the way the 6th movie tied everything together (for now) really has me itching to see what they come up with next year.

Also, with the amount of copy cats out there, if they focused more on street racing, who knows what young wipper snappers would do trying to be the next Vin Diesel.

Anyway, I really hope they bring back Lucas Black (white guy from Tokyo Drift) for the next movie, I thought he fit the new protagonist role pretty well. Tokyo Drift was also my favorite (probably because I have asian fever ). Fast Six would be a close second because of the way they tied some stuff together. Not enough Jordana Brewster in it though.

I agree though that some of the stunts in the later movies had me saying no way but it is hollywood after all.

As for being in LA, it's also supposed to take place in Tokyo (obviously) and in the Middle East so I'm intrigued to see how/why they travel from place to place.

Comment

F&F7 (euro edition) I think France...
                  IG @RobthaBavarian

Comment

i think fast 7 won't be the last one of the fast series...now that they're back in la doesn't mean it all comes to an end...you can drag the story through many locations and it will show up other villains (mabye aliens on fast 23 ) but the story will reach a point where it looses its heart...sad but true...and technology will cause more and more unrealistic moments...but f&f always had them...however i am and still will be a fan of it...did you know that they had no finished script for f6 and improved while shooting...
                    I drive what I want, and what I ain't drivin' I don't want...

Comment

the original will always be my favorite, the second one is still the one i like the least. with the sixth one coming close, i will not be seeing the seventh one in theaters after how bad the sixth one was. they have always been bad movies but as a car person i am entertained by them and loved watching them, the newest one wasn't even entertaining as a bad movie, it was just bad. most of the cool cars were barely in the movie, they made a big deal about the benspora gt-r being in it and then it was there for maybe 30 seconds and just parked in the driveway.

Comment

F&F meh.

Want to see some real cars? Watch The Great Gatsby. That Duesenberg Model J was the shit. Although now that I think about it that car wasn't period correct.
                        Instagram @wickedweiss

Fix your sig pic size cunt. <3 Ox.

Comment

1 and 3 are all that matter. I'll watch them all since, why not.
                          Website | Facebook | Instagram @Broadway_Static

Comment

Originally posted by MommysLittleMonster View Post
                            I miss when the series was about cars.
                            me too
                            IG: @OsakaFlocka

Comment

Originally posted by drift55 View Post
                              me too
                              Yep.
                              1999 SL2 Saturn Build rip
                              1998 EK hatch Civic Build