This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by 180roman View Post
    Hey Andy did you have a crack at the paint stripping yet?

I **** paint stripping when it does not remove the clear coat in one try or when you get small bits left over and need to re-apply
    Just bought the stripper this morning and the wheels are at the tire shop, so no. lol

I hope it doesn't come off to bad, but I'm sure it's gonna be a bitch. I scuffed the clear up really good with a gray scuff pad yesterday when I was cleaning the wheels, so that should allow the stripper to penatrate better and hopefully work better.

The Kia has been parted.

Comment

• what are you using for stripper? I was using Tal Strip 2 for a while.

Comment

• I'm off to bed need to get up fairly early if i plan to get work done on the wheels

Need to go continue the wiring on a friends car in the arvo and then dinner catch ups with friends later, so pretty much morning is wheel time
        Drinking Enthusiast with a Car Problem

Comment

• Originally posted by Jlyons617 View Post
          what are you using for stripper? I was using Tal Strip 2 for a while.
          Aerosol shit I got from Napa. Reading the label it sounds like some pretty nasty shit so I hope it works.

The Kia has been parted.

Comment

• Originally posted by andybob View Post
            Just bought the stripper this morning and the wheels are at the tire shop, so no. lol

I hope it doesn't come off to bad, but I'm sure it's gonna be a bitch. I scuffed the clear up really good with a gray scuff pad yesterday when I was cleaning the wheels, so that should allow the stripper to penatrate better and hopefully work better.
            Good job thinking ahead.
            Originally posted by 180roman View Post
            I'm off to bed need to get up fairly early if i plan to get work done on the wheels

Need to go continue the wiring on a friends car in the arvo and then dinner catch ups with friends later, so pretty much morning is wheel time
            Later Roman.
            Originally posted by andybob View Post
            Aerosol shit I got from Napa. Reading the label it sounds like some pretty nasty shit so I hope it works.
            I cannot be any more serious when I say, do not get that shit on your skin and make sure you wear some thick rubber gloves and a dust mask minimum. In fact, wear pants and a sweatshirt you don't care about to be safe.

I got some nasty chemical burns on my right pinky when I was stripping my last set of wheels.
            BB6 Prelude . . E36 ///M3 . . VA WRX Limited . . 1969 Nova
            Originally posted by Ollie
            We all love to turn heads. Sub-consciously we're all materialistic attention-craving dickheads.

Comment

• Fuck this shit I am so sleepy!
              IG @RobthaBavarian

Comment

• Originally posted by MommysLittleMonster View Post
                Good job thinking ahead.

Later Roman.

I cannot be any more serious when I say, do not get that shit on your skin and make sure you wear some thick rubber gloves and a dust mask minimum. In fact, wear pants and a sweatshirt you don't care about to be safe.

I got some nasty chemical burns on my right pinky when I was stripping my last set of wheels.
                I've got some pretty thick nitrile gloves I plan on wearing.

I also have my respirator from when I used to paint. I'll throw that on to be safe. Neighbors will prolly be like, wtf is this moron doing?

And yes, chemical burns fucking suck.

The Kia has been parted.

Comment

• Chris, whats wrong with your girl's celica that makes her want a TL? I'm asking because I'm considering buying my sister a celica of that generation, and I'd like to know for things to look out for. It'll be my sister's first car, I think it should be fine. I found a clean title 2001 automatic with 123k on it, and I'm thinking about picking it up this weekend.

Comment

• Fucking hate waiting for the call saying my wheels are ready.

The Kia has been parted.

Comment

• If the aerosol doesn't work, try Tal strip. that took off 4 layers of paint on my Bug no problem.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jlyons617 View Post
                        If the aerosol doesn't work, try Tal strip. that took off 4 layers of paint on my Bug no problem.
                        Only problem is with something like that I'd probably have to order it. I'm trying to get shit done so I'd rather not. lol

Worst case I have a fuck ton of sanding to do to get the clear off.

The Kia has been parted.

Comment

• come on friday
                          Dude... My nissan has like a v8, man.

Comment

• [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Ax6AwkyFk8"]Dr. Zoidberg Yo Yo Yo Wasup - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

• Originally posted by Dudermagee View Post
                              come on friday
                              THIS!
                              Originally posted by mrg7243 View Post
                              sup sup!
                              IG @RobthaBavarian

Comment

• Originally posted by Rob&co View Post
                                THIS!

sup sup!
                                Jammin out to some classic rock pissing off my roommate and neighbors Also working on a bio assignment. Its some interesting shit yo!

What abouts you Rob?

Comment

Working...
                                X