X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Kielan View Post
    Just buy mine...
    Not in the market right now, closing on our house in two months. She wants to get a TL with a 6-speed next spring, so I just have to keep her Celica nice for another year.

I remember talking to you about it when you first wanted to sell it.
    BB6 Prelude . . E36 ///M3 . . VA WRX Limited . . 1969 Nova
    Originally posted by Ollie
    We all love to turn heads. Sub-consciously we're all materialistic attention-craving dickheads.

Comment

• Originally posted by 180roman View Post
      Very nice, can't believe you were working 55hr weeks, 40 is full time job hours here, anything over is overtime.

10 vacation and 10 sick is a bit below what we get here, we get 20 vacation and 10 sick
      When you're salaried, there is no overtime. That's how they get ya.

20 vacation and 10 sick? Ugh. Can I move there?

Originally posted by P78 View Post
      what's these "getting" sick days

so 10 sick days, does that mean u can only be sick for 10 days?
      what happens on the 11th?
      10 days of PAID sick leave. After that, you get docked pay for missing work.

Originally posted by Rob&co
      MOCK MY FUCKING SPELLED WRONG WORDS PAL!

Comment

• Originally posted by MommysLittleMonster View Post
        Not in the market right now, closing on our house in two months. She wants to get a TL with a 6-speed next spring, so I just have to keep her Celica nice for another year.

I remember talking to you about it when you first wanted to sell it.
        TL would be fun
        Dude... My nissan has like a v8, man.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dudermagee View Post
          TL would be fun
          Perfect for what she needs. Enough ass to be quick and fun to drive, 6-speed to keep her happy, and good old Honda reliability. Plus, her car will be 5x114.3... so I can justify buying more wheels that accidentally fit the Prelude.
          We all love to turn heads. Sub-consciously we're all materialistic attention-craving dickheads.

Comment

• Andrew, did they say anything about a non-competition clause? Just so you can still do freelance work.

Comment

• Originally posted by andybob View Post

Tire machine doesn't have a pneumatic arm to push the tire into the drop center. The sidewalls on 512's are pretty stiff. We tried using bars and shit to get it done but it wasn't working out very well.
              Ah thanks, was having a look at that but it only describes for paint, but nothing to metion metals.

That sounds like a weird tire machine

Originally posted by andybob View Post
              For those scratches you'd pretty much want a finishing compound.
              what about this stuff, ever heard of it, sounds pretty aggressive

Originally posted by MommysLittleMonster View Post
              I use Presta Ultra Cutting Creme mostly, sometimes I use Mother's aluminum polish if it's something I don't care as much about.

Presta Ultra Cutting Creme for 1.5-2k
              Presta Ultra Cutting Creme Lite afterwards
              (forgot the brand) Hand Glaze on a terry cloth after that
              Race Glaze automotive wax to seal

http://www.prestaproducts.com/
              Geez thats a fair bit of products

Originally posted by AndrewFromTheInternet View Post
              When you're salaried, there is no overtime. That's how they get ya.

20 vacation and 10 sick? Ugh. Can I move there?

10 days of PAID sick leave. After that, you get docked pay for missing work.
              Yeah unpaid overtime is gay, I never done unpaid overtime, I do not agree to it, but it is almost mandatory once you get into the $80k+ zone

I don't know if there are any automotive journalist jobs here but you could try
              Drinking Enthusiast with a Car Problem

Comment

Geez thats a fair bit of products
                My dad and I do paintwork on the side, so we usually just have it laying around. It just happens that it works well on polishing metals too.

Comment

Ah thanks, was having a look at that but it only describes for paint, but nothing to metion metals.
                  Gotta remember cured clear coat is pretty hard stuff. Aluminum is a pretty soft metal so this stuff should work pretty good. (That's what I am hoping for anyways)

The Kia has been parted.

Comment

• sup ladyz
                    IG @RobthaBavarian

Comment

• I guess i'll check out some cutting compounds

Comment

• RT 2.0 is moving pretty damn fast these days 10+ pages per day atm, we are close to page 50 soon already

Comment

• Hey Andy did you have a crack at the paint stripping yet?

I **** paint stripping when it does not remove the clear coat in one try or when you get small bits left over and need to re-apply

Comment

• Originally posted by Jlyons617 View Post
                            Andrew, did they say anything about a non-competition clause? Just so you can still do freelance work.
                            Nope. Free to freelance as much as I please.

Originally posted by Rob&co
                            MOCK MY FUCKING SPELLED WRONG WORDS PAL!

Comment

Hey Andy did you have a crack at the paint stripping yet?

I **** paint stripping when it does not remove the clear coat in one try or when you get small bits left over and need to re-apply
                              That is the single fucking most annoying thing in the world.

I had to re-strip my Evo wheels like four fucking times before it all came off.

Comment

• I'll have to re-apply paint stripped to the LMs tomorrow then a painful 3hrs of sanding for 1 wheel because I need to sand down a slight lip, some corrosion and a few slight dings from dropping wheel nuts on the lip

Comment

Working...
                                X