Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You get 10 paid sick days, so 11th day would not be paid for, would be unpaid leave, or you could put it under vacation leave to get paid.
    Drinking Enthusiast with a Car Problem

Comment

• wow that sucks

don't think we have rules like that over here

when i was home for 9 weeks when my foot was operated, my pay kept running
      tho after 30 days it went down to 75%
      Floccinaucinihilipilification

Comment

• Originally posted by andybob View Post
        Congrats man!

So went to were I used to work this morning to take off my tires....That didn't go to well. Machine isn't made for low profile tires. Rage

Dropped them off at another local shop and told them to call me when they are done. Told them I'd like to have them by noon. My neighbor owns the shop and they guy at the counter was a fucking retard. If they fuck shit up, I'm gonna be pissed. Hopefully they don't charge an arm and a leg. Fuckers.

Also, got some paint stripper in a can, buffing coumpound (3M $55 fucking dollars), and some more sandpaper. $100 well spent.

The compound takes out 1200 grit scratches though. So I'll sand to 1500 and then go from there with the compound. Also have some other compound that's not as abrasive I'll use after the 3M stuff before doing the aluminum polish.
        What 3M compound did you get, pics or name please

Also should be able to take off low profile tires with any tire machine.
        I learned to change tires in Japan as they have tire machines at the track and you are responsible for your own tire changes.
        Now i know how to change tires better than my tire changing friend who almost damaged the bead on my 205/40/17s because he was going too fast

Comment

• My stomach is fucking killing me for no reason at all.
          - Kielan (Key-lin)

Comment

• Originally posted by P78 View Post
            wow that sucks

don't think we have rules like that over here

when i was home for 9 weeks when my foot was operated, my pay kept running
            tho after 30 days it went down to 75%
            did that use up your vacation leave though?

Comment

• So I have a bunch of people interested in my car, but I need to get home to sell it. UGH.
              - Kielan (Key-lin)

Comment

• nope

left for 30 days to indonesia the same year
                Floccinaucinihilipilification

Comment

• Originally posted by andybob View Post
                  Also, got some paint stripper in a can, buffing coumpound (3M $55 fucking dollars), and some more sandpaper. $100 well spent.

The compound takes out 1200 grit scratches though. So I'll sand to 1500 and then go from there with the compound. Also have some other compound that's not as abrasive I'll use after the 3M stuff before doing the aluminum polish.
                  What compound did you get?

Had I known, I would have suggested a few different compounds you can get from auto body supply places.
                  Originally posted by 180roman View Post
                  I learned to change tires in Japan as they have tire machines at the track and you are responsible for your own tire changes.
                  Now i know how to change tires better than my tire changing friend who almost damaged the bead on my 205/40/17s because he was going too fast
                  I wish they had places like that around here. I have a feeling a tire machine is a wise investment for someone like me.
                  Originally posted by Kielan View Post
                  So I have a bunch of people interested in my car, but I need to get home to sell it. UGH.
                  Fair enough asking price. I'd love to find something like your car for my better half.
                  BB6 Prelude . . E36 ///M3 . . VA WRX Limited . . 1969 Nova
                  Originally posted by Ollie
                  We all love to turn heads. Sub-consciously we're all materialistic attention-craving dickheads.

Comment

• Originally posted by P78 View Post
                    nope

left for 30 days to indonesia the same year
                    how long have you worked at this job?

Comment

• 30 days? Fuck P. I get 10 PTO days and 10 sick days I think.
                      We all love to turn heads. Sub-consciously we're all materialistic attention-craving dickheads.

Comment

• Originally posted by MommysLittleMonster View Post

Had I known, I would have suggested a few different compounds you can get from auto body supply places.

I wish they had places like that around here. I have a feeling a tire machine is a wise investment for someone like me.

Fair enough asking price. I'd love to find something like your car for my better half.
                        What cutting compound would you recommend for cutting out scratches like 1.5-2k

Comment

• Originally posted by 180roman View Post
                          What 3M compound did you get, pics or name please

Tire machine doesn't have a pneumatic arm to push the tire into the drop center. The sidewalls on 512's are pretty stiff. We tried using bars and shit to get it done but it wasn't working out very well.

The Kia has been parted.

Comment

For those scratches you'd pretty much want a finishing compound.

The Kia has been parted.

Comment

I use Presta Ultra Cutting Creme mostly, sometimes I use Mother's aluminum polish if it's something I don't care as much about.

Presta Ultra Cutting Creme for 1.5-2k
                              Presta Ultra Cutting Creme Lite afterwards
                              (forgot the brand) Hand Glaze on a terry cloth after that
                              Race Glaze automotive wax to seal

Since 1953 Presta Products has provided professional quality car detailing products, paint refinishing & buffing compounds to auto body shops & car enthusiasts.

Comment

• Originally posted by MommysLittleMonster View Post

Just buy mine...
                                - Kielan (Key-lin)

Comment

Working...
                                X