This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by andybob View Post
    So I'm putting an offer in on a house today.

Excited and shitting my pants at the same time. I feel like I am going to be poor forever. lol
    only 20 or 30 years

what you could do for a loan, but i don't know if that works stateside

75% on 20years term , and the remainder 25 or 30 so that those last years, payoff is peanuts
    Floccinaucinihilipilification

Comment

• Originally posted by P78 View Post
      only 20 or 30 years

what you could do for a loan, but i don't know if that works stateside

75% on 20years term , and the remainder 25 or 30 so that those last years, payoff is peanuts
      I'm going to do a bi-weekly mortgage so I pay every 2 weeks. I'll actually pay off a 30 year mortgage in 22 years.

Seller is asking 79k for the house, but it needs some interior updates. Outside is mint though, new siding, windows, newer roof, new furnace and hot water heater as well. I'm gonna throw in a lowball offer of 69k and see of they reject it or counter it.

So say I get the house for 70k, with the first time homebuyers program I am doing, they will give me a 15k grant so I only need to finance 55k which makes my mortgage like $250 a month which is cheap as hell.

To bad taxes will be like $350 a month.

'Merica

The Kia has been parted.

Comment

So I'm putting an offer in on a house today.

Excited and shitting my pants at the same time. I feel like I am going to be poor forever. lol
        iknowthatfeel

I have almost $30,000 in my bank account. It will all be gone in three weeks.
        BB6 Prelude . . E36 ///M3 . . VA WRX Limited . . 1969 Nova
        Originally posted by Ollie
        We all love to turn heads. Sub-consciously we're all materialistic attention-craving dickheads.

Comment

I'm going to do a bi-weekly mortgage so I pay every 2 weeks. I'll actually pay off a 30 year mortgage in 22 years.

Seller is asking 79k for the house, but it needs some interior updates. Outside is mint though, new siding, windows, newer roof, new furnace and hot water heater as well. I'm gonna throw in a lowball offer of 69k and see of they reject it or counter it.

So say I get the house for 70k, with the first time homebuyers program I am doing, they will give me a 15k grant so I only need to finance 55k which makes my mortgage like $250 a month which is cheap as hell.

To bad taxes will be like $350 a month.

'Merica
          Super jealous. I wish I could afford as house. Good luck! I hope they take your offer.
          BMW E38
          That White Evo
          -SOLD
          instagram @kbuss
          flickr

Comment

• Someone please talk me out of buying this car.

Fiance is taking my Accord until after the wedding, potentially until next spring when we can afford to buy her a nice car, which leaves me without a winter car. Kind of want to buy this to replace my Accord with.

I actually know the guy who owns this car, and the guy who built it before him was my "mentor" on Hondas if you will.

TL;DR: This is the car that got me into Hondas many years ago, and I need a car to replace my "winter" car.
            We all love to turn heads. Sub-consciously we're all materialistic attention-craving dickheads.

Comment

• the add says it's a modified car chris

if u need a reason to walk away, there you have it

Comment

• Originally posted by P78 View Post
                the add says it's a modified car chris

if u need a reason to walk away, there you have it
                You missed the part where I said I know who built it and what's done. Basic bolt-on stuff, the engine/transmission are stock. The guy who used to own it is one of my groomsman.

The guy who modified it did everything I would have done, and I know it was done right.

Comment

• Originally posted by MommysLittleMonster View Post
                  iknowthatfeel

I have almost $30,000 in my bank account. It will all be gone in three weeks.
                  I wish I had that much saved up. lol. I've only got a couple k saved up.

Originally posted by kbuss View Post
                  Super jealous. I wish I could afford as house. Good luck! I hope they take your offer.
                  Thanks man.

Originally posted by MommysLittleMonster View Post
                  Someone please talk me out of buying this car.

Fiance is taking my Accord until after the wedding, potentially until next spring when we can afford to buy her a nice car, which leaves me without a winter car. Kind of want to buy this to replace my Accord with.

I actually know the guy who owns this car, and the guy who built it before him was my "mentor" on Hondas if you will.

TL;DR: This is the car that got me into Hondas many years ago, and I need a car to replace my "winter" car.
                  That's a pretty good deal.

I really want to find a winter beater this year so the Kia can go up on stands all winter. I'd love to pull everything out from under the car for cleaning, bushing replacement, a better suspension, and more importantly, a frame notch so I can go lower. lol

The Kia has been parted.

Comment

• i did read that part

but still

1st rule in car buying, buy stock

you need another reason, you can only drive a couple of feet in the street cuz no plates

hey i can go on all day chris

also just saw the top gear africa special

fuck me that volvo 850 R can take abuse
                    Last edited by P78; 06-04-2013, 09:16 AM.

Comment

• Sigh. I dunno what to do. The insurance company is fucking us sideways for a refund on the wrecked Celica. I just sent them a stack of paperwork and disputed the amount they wanted to give us.

$2,200 isn't much at all, I'd rather get a beater to drive around and have my fiance drive in my Accord since I know it's solid.

Comment

• obviously you don't want her stranded out there

at least you have a chance to fix any problem that might occur

Comment

• Well, gonna go shower then see my realtor. Later guys.

The Kia has been parted.

Comment

• lol, i read that as i'll shower my realtor

laters

Comment

• I love reading threads on H.A.M.B.
                              Drinking Enthusiast with a Car Problem

Comment

• Originally posted by 180roman View Post
                                I love reading threads on H.A.M.B.
                                H.A.M.B. is like a haven for cool stuff.

Comment

Working...
                                X