This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by 180roman View Post
    Be careful as you might snap bolts are 50ft-lbs, I've heard people snapping bolts, so i'm real cautious if i do not have spares
    Yeah, I don't have any spare bolts so I want to be super careful.

I'm also missing one the dummy bolts on one of the center caps. Not sure where I can find a replacement though. Looked all over at parts stores and didn't find one. Wonder if memory fab would have one I could buy off them.

The Kia has been parted.

Comment

• Originally posted by andybob View Post
      I think my torque wrench only goes down to 35 ft lbs. I only have a 1/2" torque wrench though.
      The way you have to think of it is that you have 20 or more bolts with about 25ft-lbs you have a collective torque of 500ft-lbs holding the wheel together

my 1/2 torque wrench goes up to 100nm, because i used it to change the head gasket on my Z and needed something that could get 100nm for the cam gear bolt
      Drinking Enthusiast with a Car Problem

Comment

• Originally posted by kbuss View Post
        I just found out my brother was at a party lastnight that got busted by the cops. He ended up hiding on the roof and managed to stay there for 3hrs in mid 30º weather until the police left. I've taught him well.
        he underage?

Comment

he underage?
          Yeah
          BMW E38
          That White Evo
          -SOLD
          instagram @kbuss
          flickr

Comment

Yeah
            ha ha silly legal age of 21

18 here, so most people are legal when they get out of highschool

Comment

• Same here, Roman. I'd **** to have to wait till I was 21!

Comment

I think my torque wrench only goes down to 35 ft lbs. I only have a 1/2" torque wrench though.
                35ft-lbs should be more than enough. 25ft-lbs should be where you want to be. I don't know what the fuck I was thinking when I said 50.

Originally posted by 180roman View Post
                Be careful as you might snap bolts are 50ft-lbs, I've heard people snapping bolts, so i'm real cautious if i do not have spares
                This. My bad dude.
                BB6 Prelude . . E36 ///M3 . . VA WRX Limited . . 1969 Nova
                Originally posted by Ollie
                We all love to turn heads. Sub-consciously we're all materialistic attention-craving dickheads.

Comment

I just found out my brother was at a party lastnight that got busted by the cops. He ended up hiding on the roof and managed to stay there for 3hrs in mid 30º weather until the police left. I've taught him well.
                  Atta boy.

I had to pick up my underage brother and cousin at a party that got busted once. They hid in the bushes a block away and watched people get busted. My brother was so tanked that he freaked out and thought I was a cop when I walked over to them.
                  BB6 Prelude . . E36 ///M3 . . VA WRX Limited . . 1969 Nova
                  Originally posted by Ollie
                  We all love to turn heads. Sub-consciously we're all materialistic attention-craving dickheads.

Comment

• I'll get an idea on how tight they are when I pull them apart. Think I am going to go out and fuck around with them in a few minutes actually.

The Kia has been parted.

Comment

• Originally posted by MommysLittleMonster View Post
                      Atta boy.

I had to pick up my underage brother and cousin at a party that got busted once. They hid in the bushes a block away and watched people get busted. My brother was so tanked that he freaked out and thought I was a cop when I walked over to them.
                      BMW E38
                      That White Evo
                      -SOLD
                      instagram @kbuss
                      flickr

Comment

• Picked my brother up from a party once in a 3 door Clio, he tried to grab the handle to get in the rear door(can you see where this is going?) a bunch of times and fell right on his ass. Dude was wrecked

Comment

ha ha silly legal age of 21

18 here, so most people are legal when they get out of highschool
                          My friends were fucking dumbasses in highschool. I don't think I would ever want the drinking age to be lowered to 18 here. They used to leave parties hammered and drive home all the time like "don't worry man, I wont get caught". I don't think most people are mature enough at 18 to handle booze and then make a decision on how to get home.
                          BMW E38
                          That White Evo
                          -SOLD
                          instagram @kbuss
                          flickr

Comment

• Gonna go fuck with my wheels for a bit. later guys.

The Kia has been parted.

Comment

My friends were fucking dumbasses in highschool. I don't think I would ever want the drinking age to be lowered to 18 here. They used to leave parties hammered and drive home all the time like "don't worry man, I wont get caught". I don't think most people are mature enough at 18 to handle booze and then make a decision on how to get home.
                              Higher legal drinking age just increases the risk taking illegal behavior.

I never drunk drove because for the first 3 year of your driver license which you get at 18(you can learn to drive from 16, but can't drive solo) you have a zero alcohol condition.

I may have been over a couple of times but that would have been maybe a 0.01 the morning after driving to work, but never drove after drinking.

Comment

Gonna go fuck with my wheels for a bit. later guys.
                                later.

The wheel face might be in there pretty tight as the usually machine tight tolerances

Comment

Working...
                                X