Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dave, any idea if you guys can build actually one-off coils?

The Kia has been parted.

Comment

• Originally posted by andybob View Post
      Not much. Relaxing for a bit before work...you?
      about to fall asleep

Originally posted by Average_Jerk View Post
      fixed my internet issue. that was a close one
      what was the problem

Originally posted by andybob View Post
      Dave, any idea if you guys can build actually one-off coils?
      what is one off about them the lower mounting bracket?
      Drinking Enthusiast with a Car Problem

Comment

• Originally posted by 180roman View Post
        about to fall asleep

what was the problem

Pretty much.

I basically want to get some new coils I can just bolt in. I talked to Jaze a while back and the Fortune coil bodies are thicker than my Megan bodies so I just can't get the Fortune bodies and spin them into my existing mounts.

Not to mention the top of the piston is probably different so my upper mounts wouldn't work either.

The Kia has been parted.

Comment

• Originally posted by andybob View Post
          Dave, any idea if you guys can build actually one-off coils?
          in the future we may be able to, but not right now. if you can cross reference parts from other cars we offer we can piece together a set using other parts though
          Website | Facebook | Instagram @Broadway_Static

Comment

about to fall asleep

what was the problem

my torrent client wasnt registering a couple trackers. so I thought my ISP banned them. but after some dicking around I got it all to work

Comment

• Andy post a pci of what is specific about the mounts on the coilovers, do they share the design with any other cars?

Comment

• Originally posted by Average_Jerk View Post
                in the future we may be able to, but not right now. if you can cross reference parts from other cars we offer we can piece together a set using other parts though
                If Fortune had made coilovers for an 03+ Tiburon, I would be set, but they don't.

The Kia Forte is a similar chassis up front, but the rear is completely different. My car has IRS whereas the Forte is a rear beam like VW's.

Hyundai Elantra stuff would also work, but again, no Fortune application for them.

The Kia has been parted.

Comment

• I went to visit my Toyota Crown last night.

Needed to write down the VIN of the car so I can get a permit for it to drive it home. Noticed a patch of oil under the diff...

Hopefully it is just a rear cover seal leaking not a pinion seal leak.

Comment

Andy post a pci of what is specific about the mounts on the coilovers, do they share the design with any other cars?

Here is my coils, ones on the left are the fronts.

They are for an 03+ Hyundai Tiburon. Since this pic I swapped out the 200mm length front springs for 150mm front springs at a 8kg/mm spring rate. (Stock was 6 kg/mm)

Ideally I would like to go 12 kg/mm front and 10 kg/mm rear.

The Kia has been parted.

Comment

• They look like a set of S13 fronts LOL

Comment

They look like a set of S13 fronts LOL
                        lol

I could get shorter bodies from Megan for the fronts and send the rears out to be re-valved, and also upgrade the springs, but honestly I'd like to be on a better setup.

I want to go super aggressive fitment wise next year after the wheels get widened so better coilovers are in order.

The Kia has been parted.

Comment

• Just find out what you want out of the coilover, spring rate, valving, height and shock stroke

Get the coilovers built by BWS with blank bottom and camber tops front and rear

Then take it to someone who is good at welding and they will be able to make the right bottom mounts, the top mounts are even easier to adapt coz all camber tops work on the same principal, so you could even make custom one if you wanted.

Comment

• I was considering 30kg front 25kg rear for the crown, need to weight it to know 100%

Comment

Just find out what you want out of the coilover, spring rate, valving, height and shock stroke

Get the coilovers built by BWS with blank bottom and camber tops front and rear

Then take it to someone who is good at welding and they will be able to make the right bottom mounts, the top mounts are even easier to adapt coz all camber tops work on the same principal, so you could even make custom one if you wanted.
                              yea, it doesnt look like it wold be too hard to make new brackets and shit on that one

Comment

• I'm out, way too wrecked after being at the track all day and driving 2hrs each way.

Laters

Comment

Working...
                                X