Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wrinkle piping and couplers would help you a ton.

For your strut bar- polish it and re-paint your bases metallic black, or body color. New ni-cad plated bolts would look nice too.

My bay looked so fucking good when I first finished it. Sigh.

BB6 Prelude . . E36 ///M3 . . VA WRX Limited . . 1969 Nova
    Originally posted by Ollie
    We all love to turn heads. Sub-consciously we're all materialistic attention-craving dickheads.

Comment

• Originally posted by MommysLittleMonster View Post
      Wrinkle piping and couplers would help you a ton.

For your strut bar- polish it and re-paint your bases metallic black, or body color. New ni-cad plated bolts would look nice too.

My bay looked so fucking good when I first finished it. Sigh.

[img]http://i215.photobucket.com/albums/cc314/MommysLittleMonster7/Chris019-1.jpg[img]
      Yeah. I am looking on e-bay for couplers. They sure don't give them away. $8 a piece and I would need 4. Sigh.

Yeah, I know the strut bar bases need some work. I think to keep it simple I would just paint them black. With the body color paint I have there isn't a lot left and I don't want to get anymore mixed since it's a bitch of a color to match and it took me forever to get it as close as possible with what I have. lol. I'm anal when it comes to paint matching.

And I don't know how I feel about the polish bar. After doing my wheels, I'm kinda over the whole polishing thing for a while. lol

As for the bolts, Lowes has a lot of stainless stuff in stock so I think I might go that route. I love me some stainless.

Your bay looks good though.

The Kia has been parted.

Comment

• looked*
        We all love to turn heads. Sub-consciously we're all materialistic attention-craving dickheads.

Comment

• lol

The Kia has been parted.

Comment

• In all seriousness. A lot has changed for the better. But I'm my own worst critic.

I wish I could go back and do it again. Your bay looks incredibly simplistic, and would be a riot to tuck.

Comment

• Also.

I think when I re-do my wheels again after this year I am going to pick up all new stainless hardware. I think it'll be a nice contrast against bright silver powder coated faces and the polished lips.

That's the plan anyways

The Kia has been parted.

Comment

• I'm a big fan of gold bolts. Stainless would look nice in your application however.

Comment

In all seriousness. A lot has changed for the better. But I'm my own worst critic.
                  I think we all are.

Originally posted by MommysLittleMonster View Post
                  I wish I could go back and do it again. Your bay looks incredibly simplistic, and would be a riot to tuck.
                  Dear god I would do it if I had another daily. I went out a few minutes ago to measure the hose diameter (couldn't remember, lol) and as I was looking around the thought went through my mind. There really isn't a lot of room under the hood though.

I **** the goofy ass cruise control thing, but I don't really have any other place to put it. As it is I've already reloacted that to where it sits now. It really looked like shit before.

The Kia has been parted.

Comment

• LOL cruise control. Do you actually use it though?

Comment

I'm a big fan of gold bolts. Stainless would look nice in your application however.
                      I think if I had 3-piece wheels I would possibly go with gold or something else.

As it is now though you really can't see the bolts very much (they have little pockets in the wheel faces they sit in) and I think stainless would just look good. I need to measure one up so I can look around online to find them. I also want to get stainless nuts.

Plus all new cosmetic bolts for the centercaps and bolts that hold the centercaps to the wheel face.

The Kia has been parted.

Comment

LOL cruise control. Do you actually use it though?
                        When I commuter to/from school I did, a lot.

As it is now I don't use it unless I'm on a trip or something.

Maybe I should make it so if I'm going on a trip I can install it and when I'm just driving around I can take it out. Wouldn't be that hard actually. All I would need to do is unbolt the braket and take the cable off the throttle body. I could just hide the harness off to the side.

Hmmmm.

The Kia has been parted.

Comment

• Time to go be productive

peace

The Kia has been parted.

Comment

• Combo breaker.
                            - Kielan (Key-lin)

Comment

• Any word on the 3-series Kelly?

Comment

Any word on the 3-series Kelly?
                                The one I was talking about yesterday?

Not yet, I'm going to see it tonight/tomorrow. I may just hold out and get an M5. My mom seems to be bent on me getting a more expensive car one that is well maintained with lower miles (still want an M5) which she said is fine. But she would have to approved as a cosigner for a loan for me, assuming I can even get a loan in my name as a student. I have to do more research into it.

I have no issue having a small car payment though. Wicked easy way to build credit.
                                - Kielan (Key-lin)

Comment

Working...
                                X