This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Euro M3's >

I'd love to swap in an M3 engine into my Touring, but I'd probably be better off buying an M3

Comment

• not too sure scot

m3 touring is pretty fucking awesome
      Floccinaucinihilipilification

Comment

• Originally posted by oHSo EuRo View Post
        Considering the motor itself was 6k. I'd hope not. But I haven't looked into that shit and have no idea about it.
        Well the ITBs are probably 1.5-2k alone, then figure in time for tuning (which gets expensive quickly), it can get hairy. At that point it would probably come close to what a better performing S52 swap would be.
        - Kielan (Key-lin)

Comment

• It'd be fucking awesome. A lot of work though, I'd need all the wiring etc wouldn't i? Fuck wiring.

Comment

• Originally posted by andybob View Post
            Good luck Roman. Working metal by hand is a god damn art form. I've done it and while I admit I'm not the greatest at it, I have the basic idea on how to do it.
            Yeah I have the basic concept down, I've done my front guard flaring on my car and I've fixed up my friends rear quarter today for practice as it was pretty mashed.

I don't have any dolys though, but I still managed to work it with a big and small ball point hammers
            Drinking Enthusiast with a Car Problem

Comment

• Originally posted by MommysLittleMonster View Post
              Emissions are the bane of every enthusiast's existence.
              Straight from Kia's Tech website:

The Wheel Speed Sensor (WSS) generates a waveform with a frequency proportional to the speed of the vehicle. The signal generated by the WSS informs the ECM not only if the vehicle speed is low or high but also if the vehicle is or is not moving. The ECM uses this signal to control the fuel injection, ignition timing, (transaxle shift scheduling and torque converter clutch scheduling, auto only). The WSS signal is also used to detect rough road conditions.

The ECM evaluates engine speed and mass air flow if there is no vehicle speed signal. This evaluation of both values will detect open circuit or short circuit errors on the wheel speed sensor. The ECM sets DTC P0501 if there is no vehicle speed signal from wheel speed sensor while both engine speed and mass air flow are higher than predetermined threshold during the predetermined time.

Crazy bastards

Originally posted by Minuki View Post
              It'd be fucking awesome. A lot of work though, I'd need all the wiring etc wouldn't i? Fuck wiring.

The Kia has been parted.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kielan View Post
                Well the ITBs are probably 1.5-2k alone, then figure in time for tuning (which gets expensive quickly), it can get hairy. At that point it would probably come close to what a better performing S52 swap would be.
                I found M3 ITBs for $600

considered modifying them to run on an SR20

Comment

• Originally posted by andybob View Post
                  Straight from Kia's Tech website:

The Wheel Speed Sensor (WSS) generates a waveform with a frequency proportional to the speed of the vehicle. The signal generated by the WSS informs the ECM not only if the vehicle speed is low or high but also if the vehicle is or is not moving. The ECM uses this signal to control the fuel injection, ignition timing, (transaxle shift scheduling and torque converter clutch scheduling, auto only). The WSS signal is also used to detect rough road conditions.

The ECM evaluates engine speed and mass air flow if there is no vehicle speed signal. This evaluation of both values will detect open circuit or short circuit errors on the wheel speed sensor. The ECM sets DTC P0501 if there is no vehicle speed signal from wheel speed sensor while both engine speed and mass air flow are higher than predetermined threshold during the predetermined time.

Crazy bastards

Too complicated, means would probably be hard to drift the RWD Kias as ECU will be all confused

Comment

• Well how is everyone?

I am really broke with far too many ideas.

Comment

• Originally posted by 180roman View Post
                      Too complicated, means would probably be hard to drift the RWD Kias as ECU will be all confused
                      I don't think so.

My car doesn't have ABS which also means it also doesn't have traction control. In the snow I can spin the tires all I want and the PCM never cuts power.

After I posted that I was reading the chart on the PCM logic and how it sets the code. If there is high engine speed and load, but the PCM see's 0 rpm's from the wheel speed sensor, it will then cut fuel.

The Kia has been parted.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kielan View Post
                        200? Try 500.
                        200 or 500? Try 1200.

Originally posted by Oxer
                        people are such stupid cunts.
                        fuck everybody.
                        Originally posted by Jesus Christ
                        listen to me carefully, go fuck yourself and never come back here again
                        Originally posted by Dudermagee
                        You're stupid.

Comment

• Originally posted by Neil View Post
                          Well how is everyone?
                          Sup Neil

Originally posted by andybob View Post
                          I don't think so.

My car doesn't have ABS which also means it also doesn't have traction control. In the snow I can spin the tires all I want and the PCM never cuts power.

After I posted that I was reading the chart on the PCM logic and how it sets the code. If there is high engine speed and load, but the PCM see's 0 rpm's from the wheel speed sensor, it will then cut fuel.
                          yeah I have not had a look at it, but I prefer simplicity

Comment

I found M3 ITBs for $600

considered modifying them to run on an SR20
                            Fuck that. I'm over trying to "make" things work on different cars. I must be getting old.

I do want Kinsler ITB's for my Prelude someday. God, the sound they make.
                            Originally posted by Neil View Post
                            Well how is everyone?
                            Well. Yourself?
                            BB6 Prelude . . E36 ///M3 . . VA WRX Limited . . 1969 Nova
                            Originally posted by Ollie
                            We all love to turn heads. Sub-consciously we're all materialistic attention-craving dickheads.

Comment

Sup Neil
                              Fuck all, just sick and stuff.
                              Too lazy to look after myself so I have my girlfriend doing that for me.

I am really broke with far too many ideas.

Comment

• lol neil

can said gf also look after your skyline
                                Floccinaucinihilipilification

Comment

Working...
                                X