X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Kielan View Post
    200? Try 500.
    Some of us don't get paid every quarter.
    I just looked at my paystub, $251.90 gets taken out every week. Fuck.

Originally posted by P78 View Post
    euro m3 only 2 door
    I'm aware. That's kind of why I was saying, "Sure, just go and find me these things." I couldn't ever get a Euro E36 that would fit my wants. I like my US car just fine.
    Originally posted by Kielan View Post
    It's ok, Chris just likes to think he knows BMWs
    Read above post dumbass.

Originally posted by andybob View Post
    Is that motor in a pre '96 car?

In NY that shit wouldn't fly with emissions.
    NYS fucking sucks for having any OBD2 car other than something box stock.
    BB6 Prelude . . E36 ///M3 . . VA WRX Limited . . 1969 Nova
    Originally posted by Ollie
    We all love to turn heads. Sub-consciously we're all materialistic attention-craving dickheads.

Comment

• Yea but that's why they are developing electric cars that run an ethanol engine to charge the battery after the car has depleted its charge.

Comment

• Originally posted by 180roman View Post
        Yeah ITBs are the boss

Can't have all bio fuels, it drives food prices up and requires a lot of land mass to grow the plants to make the bio fuel.

There will always be a dependency on oil for fuel

Just run Methanol as fuel.... only problem is it burns invisible so you don't know when you are on fire
        That and to make ethanol from corn and stuff it takes a lot of refining. I did a report on it a while back when I was in school when it was first starting to become more common.

The Kia has been parted.

Comment

• Originally posted by MommysLittleMonster View Post
          Yeah, then even if the CEL is off and you have 1 or more emissions monitors that haven't passed (2000) and newer or 2 or more (1999-1996) it still wont pass inspection.

Pain in the ass.

Originally posted by oHSo EuRo View Post
          Yea but that's why they are developing electric cars that run an ethanol engine to charge the battery after the car has depleted its charge.
          I'm actually a huge fan of the Chevy Volt, I think they have the right idea. I drive 30 miles round trip to/from work, with a Volt I wouldn't even need to buy gas, I would just need to plug it in at night.

The Kia has been parted.

Comment

• i wouldn't mind electric driving

even if it comes with replica merc turbines

Floccinaucinihilipilification

Comment

• Originally posted by MommysLittleMonster View Post
              Some of us don't get paid every quarter.
              I just looked at my paystub, $251.90 gets taken out every week. Fuck.

I'm aware. That's kind of why I was saying, "Sure, just go and find me these things." I couldn't ever get a Euro E36 that would fit my wants. I like my US car just fine.

Read above post dumbass.

Biweekly. Bruh.

I see those Teslas like 3 times a day.
              - Kielan (Key-lin)

Comment

• The Fisker is cool and Andy yes its obd1 so no emissions shit. The engine is awesome. I wanna source some itbs for my car.

Comment

• I'm trying to up my panel beating skills, so I can do more metal working once I start work on the Datsun.

Going to attempt to flare out a friend's front guard by 50mm by working the metal
                  Drinking Enthusiast with a Car Problem

Comment

• Originally posted by andybob View Post
                    Yeah, then even if the CEL is off and you have 1 or more emissions monitors that haven't passed (2000) and newer or 2 or more (1999-1996) it still wont pass inspection.

Pain in the ass.
                    Preach.

My Prelude is a pain in the ass to get to pass now that I have the Euro-R intake manifold and throttle body. I have some stupid EVAP leak that I need to fix.
                    Originally posted by P78 View Post
                    i wouldn't mind electric driving

even if it comes with replica merc turbines
                    I like they way the look. I actually dig the wheels, too- even if Mercedes did it first.
                    We all love to turn heads. Sub-consciously we're all materialistic attention-craving dickheads.

Comment

• Originally posted by oHSo EuRo View Post
                      The Fisker is cool and Andy yes its obd1 so no emissions shit. The engine is awesome. I wanna source some itbs for my car.
                      It would probably end up being cheaper to do the Euro swap than it would be to do ITBs on a 328.
                      - Kielan (Key-lin)

Comment

• Originally posted by oHSo EuRo View Post
                        The Fisker is cool and Andy yes its obd1 so no emissions shit. The engine is awesome. I wanna source some itbs for my car.
                        The way engine conversions work here, you can put a newer motor into an older car but not the other way around, and you must retain the emissions of the donor motor
                        Drinking Enthusiast with a Car Problem

Comment

• Originally posted by 180roman View Post
                          I'm trying to up my panel beating skills, so I can do more metal working once I start work on the Datsun.

Going to attempt to flare out a friend's front guard by 50mm by working the metal
                          Good luck Roman. Working metal by hand is a god damn art form. I've done it and while I admit I'm not the greatest at it, I have the basic idea on how to do it.

Originally posted by MommysLittleMonster View Post
                          Preach.

My Prelude is a pain in the ass to get to pass now that I have the Euro-R intake manifold and throttle body. I have some stupid EVAP leak that I need to fix.
                          My car finally has the CEL gone after it being on all.winter.long

Funny thing is it wasn't an emissions thing, it was a wheel speed sensor (like an ABS one) that was throwing the code. The PCM uses wheel speed for god only knows what, and if it sees an interruption or unexpected drop in speed, it cut ignition.

Crazy Koreans.

The Kia has been parted.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kielan View Post
                            It would probably end up being cheaper to do the Euro swap than it would be to do ITBs on a 328.
                            Considering the motor itself was 6k. I'd hope not. But I haven't looked into that shit and have no idea about it.

Comment

• Emissions are the bane of every enthusiast's existence.

Comment

• engine swaps are a no no over here

you can almost never get it registrated

and since you have to do an anual check of the car, that sucsk
                                Floccinaucinihilipilification

Comment

Working...
                                X