This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by 180roman View Post
    Yeah also the Ethanol has oxygen inside the fuel which is released during combustion that why even though it is only a RON 108 fuel it behaves like a RON 114.

More resistance to knock = can run stupid boost levels

Ah you got the US M3 which were de-tunned, I think the Euro ones would not run on 91 without pinging under load
    Exactly.

And thanks for rubbing salt in the wound for having a US M3.
    BB6 Prelude . . E36 ///M3 . . VA WRX Limited . . 1969 Nova
    Originally posted by Ollie
    We all love to turn heads. Sub-consciously we're all materialistic attention-craving dickheads.

Comment

• sell the M3 and get a Euro M3
      Drinking Enthusiast with a Car Problem

Comment

sell the M3 and get a Euro M3
        Sure. Find me one that's a direct replacement of mine. Must be Alpine White, a 4-door, and have less than 114k on it. Also must be a 6-speed and priced the same.
        BB6 Prelude . . E36 ///M3 . . VA WRX Limited . . 1969 Nova
        Originally posted by Ollie
        We all love to turn heads. Sub-consciously we're all materialistic attention-craving dickheads.

Comment

• Originally posted by MommysLittleMonster View Post
          It's worse when you realize almost $200 of your paycheck goes missing.

Morning all.
          200? Try 500.
          - Kielan (Key-lin)

Comment

• Can't expect a Euro M3 for the same price as a US M3, gota pay a bit on top

Comment

• euro m3 only 2 door
              Floccinaucinihilipilification

Comment

• LOL a friend posted this "My dog just got mounted and raped by my other dog. They're both girls...."

Comment

• Originally posted by P78 View Post
                  euro m3 only 2 door
                  It's ok, Chris just likes to think he knows BMWs
                  - Kielan (Key-lin)

Comment

LOL a friend posted this "My dog just got mounted and raped by my other dog. They're both girls...."

My dog is a girl and she occasionally humps. It makes no fucking sense.
                    - Kielan (Key-lin)

Comment

• Originally posted by Kielan View Post
                      Silly lesbian dogs, you have no wiener

Comment

sell the M3 and get a Euro M3
                        My buddy swapped a Euro S50B32 into his 325. Engine is awesome and I love the ITB's.

I just did fuel in class last night. In the near future all we will be running is bio diesel fuels and 100 ethanol fuels. After watching some of the stuff its pretty interesting where car manufactures are going with economy in mind and our oil depletion.

Comment

• Originally posted by MommysLittleMonster View Post
                          On a whim, I stopped at a station down the street from my work that sells 91-octane fuel that has no ethanol added. I figured, why not?

After driving 60 miles, there's a noted improvement in the M3. Idles smoother upon first start-up, pulls cleaner/harder, and seems happier in general. While I know most computers aren't very accurate, the readings I usually get hover around 26.7mpg, and when I do the math upon fill-up, it's like 25.2mpg. Since I've topped off, it's reading between 28.7-29.0mpg. So, even if it's off by 1.5, I'm still getting almost 2mpg better.

Just thought it was interesting.

/science
                          You said it further up, but yeah, it's a BTU thing. Ethanol doesn't have as many BTU's per unit? as regular gas so like you said you need more to do the same amount of work.

Originally posted by 180roman View Post
                          LOL a friend posted this "My dog just got mounted and raped by my other dog. They're both girls...."

Originally posted by Kielan View Post
                          I think that's just a dog thing in general.

The Kia has been parted.

Comment

• Originally posted by oHSo EuRo View Post
                            My buddy swapped a Euro S50B32 into his 325. Engine is awesome and I love the ITB's.

I just did fuel in class last night. In a few years all we will be running is bio diesel fuels and 100 ethanol fuels. After watching some of the stuff its pretty interesting where car manufactures are going with economy in mind and our oil depletion.
                            Yeah ITBs are the boss

Can't have all bio fuels, it drives food prices up and requires a lot of land mass to grow the plants to make the bio fuel.

There will always be a dependency on oil for fuel

Just run Methanol as fuel.... only problem is it burns invisible so you don't know when you are on fire

Comment

• Originally posted by oHSo EuRo View Post

I just did fuel in class last night. In the near future all we will be running is bio diesel fuels and 100 ethanol fuels. After watching some of the stuff its pretty interesting where car manufactures are going with economy in mind and our oil depletion.
                              Is that motor in a pre '96 car?

In NY that shit wouldn't fly with emissions.

The Kia has been parted.

Comment

Working...
                              X