• Show
Clear All

• Whats new Pascal?
    Drinking Enthusiast with a Car Problem

Comment

• my belly is full, and i could take an afternoon nap
      Floccinaucinihilipilification

Comment

• Morning other-side-of-the-pond-people.
        BB6 Prelude . . E36 ///M3 . . VA WRX Limited . . 1969 Nova
        Originally posted by Ollie
        We all love to turn heads. Sub-consciously we're all materialistic attention-craving dickheads.

Comment

• afternoon naps are dangerous, can wake up many hours later lol

Comment

• Originally posted by MommysLittleMonster View Post
            Morning other-side-of-the-pond-people.
            Morning Chris

Comment

• sup chris

wel i'm at work, so no chance to sleep anyways lol

Comment

• Do you guys still have access to pure fuel? As in, fuel without ethanol added to it?
                We all love to turn heads. Sub-consciously we're all materialistic attention-craving dickheads.

Comment

• nah

i don't think so

strongest fuel we have is 98 ron, but in germany you can still get 100

Comment

• On a whim, I stopped at a station down the street from my work that sells 91-octane fuel that has no ethanol added. I figured, why not?

After driving 60 miles, there's a noted improvement in the M3. Idles smoother upon first start-up, pulls cleaner/harder, and seems happier in general. While I know most computers aren't very accurate, the readings I usually get hover around 26.7mpg, and when I do the math upon fill-up, it's like 25.2mpg. Since I've topped off, it's reading between 28.7-29.0mpg. So, even if it's off by 1.5, I'm still getting almost 2mpg better.

Just thought it was interesting.

/science

Comment

• Originally posted by MommysLittleMonster View Post
                      Do you guys still have access to pure fuel? As in, fuel without ethanol added to it?
                      We have pure 91, the 95 has 5% ethanol, we also have 98 which has 10% ethanol and some stations sell 100 which is also 10% ethanol
                      We also have E10 which is 95 but 10% ethanol
                      Also E85 which is 85% ethanol and is more like 114 fuel

Comment

• you have to be careful with 91, newer engines won't run on it i've been told

Comment

• Yeah I'm surprised you would but 91 into an M3

Comment

• Originally posted by 180roman View Post
                            We have pure 91, the 95 has 5% ethanol, we also have 98 which has 10% ethanol and some stations sell 100 which is also 10% ethanol
                            We also have E10 which is 95 but 10% ethanol
                            Also E85 which is 85% ethanol and is more like 114 fuel
                            E85 is awesome, but in different ways. It's essentially perfect fuel for high boost/high compression applications, but you have to consume so much more fuel to compensate.

Ethanol contains about 80,000 btu's of energy, pure gasoline contains 118,000 btu's of energy.
                            Originally posted by P78 View Post
                            you have to be careful with 91, newer engines won't run on it i've been told
                            True. Most new cars are basically made to run on ethanol to some degree.

My M3 was made in 1998 when pure gasoline was the only gasoline. It actually still has the little sticker on the dash that says "91AKI fuel or greater only".

Come on guys, you know me better than that.

Comment

• Yeah also the Ethanol has oxygen inside the fuel which is released during combustion that why even though it is only a RON 108 fuel it behaves like a RON 114.

More resistance to knock = can run stupid boost levels

Ah you got the US M3 which were de-tunned, I think the Euro ones would not run on 91 without pinging under load

Comment

• i must say that german 100 ron thingy, that's awesome, you can actually feel the difference in perfomance

Comment

Working...
                                X