This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by andybob View Post
    My car came with them and I think it looks goofy without them.

I think next week I might mess around with baking my headlights. Thought about paining the inside of the bezels but I'm not sure if I want to or not.
    I cannot stress this enough.

Be extremely careful if you have to mask any part of your headlight bucket where it's chrome plated.

It takes almost nothing to lift the chrome on headlights with tape. I usually use 3M masking tape, but use the late like a lint roller for a few minutes before sticking it down. Makes it less likely to adhere and lift the chrome.
    BB6 Prelude . . E36 ///M3 . . VA WRX Limited . . 1969 Nova
    Originally posted by Ollie
    We all love to turn heads. Sub-consciously we're all materialistic attention-craving dickheads.

Comment

• I'm off to bed,

good to be back in my king size bed
      Drinking Enthusiast with a Car Problem

Comment

• Originally posted by MommysLittleMonster View Post

Be extremely careful if you have to mask any part of your headlight bucket where it's chrome plated.

It takes almost nothing to lift the chrome on headlights with tape. I usually use 3M masking tape, but use the late like a lint roller for a few minutes before sticking it down. Makes it less likely to adhere and lift the chrome.
        Damn. This makes me not even want to mess with painting them. lol

I mainly want to take them apart to get the amber pieces out and clean the water spots off the lenses when there was condensation in them.

The Kia has been parted.

Comment

• one moar day
          Dude... My nissan has like a v8, man.

Comment

• Time to get ready for work. Later

The Kia has been parted.

Comment

• Originally posted by 180roman View Post
              I'm off to bed,

good to be back in my king size bed
              Later Roman.
              Originally posted by andybob View Post
              Damn. This makes me not even want to mess with painting them. lol

I mainly want to take them apart to get the amber pieces out and clean the water spots off the lenses when there was condensation in them.
              It's a pain in the ass, but it isn't too bad if you're careful. I did the black eye mod on my Prelude, I'll post a picture when I get back to my desk.

Cleaning lenses must be done carefully too, plastic scratches easily. Microfiber cloth and some soapy water with dish soap to wash, then rinse with water and dry with a chamois or equivalent.
              We all love to turn heads. Sub-consciously we're all materialistic attention-craving dickheads.

Comment

• Dead in here today.

Comment

• Originally posted by MommysLittleMonster View Post

I always heard to use a q-tip and vasceline and coat the chrome so you could wipe the overspray off.

Comment

• Finally got the shit we need to test outside of our network, project is moving at full steam ahead again.
                    - Kielan (Key-lin)

Comment

• Originally posted by Jlyons617 View Post
                      I always heard to use a q-tip and vasceline and coat the chrome so you could wipe the overspray off.
                      Hard to get a good, crisp edge that way though.

Automotive wax applied with a Q-Tip works well when painting valve covers and covering letters.

Comment

• Damn allergies dick slapped me today

Comment

• Gonna start applying for a second job today.

Comment

• Pluhhhhhh
                            - Kielan (Key-lin)

Comment

• So, how about them Red Wings?

Don't tell me life is so short, what have you done that's longer?

Comment

• Originally posted by Tomahawk View Post
                                So, how about them Red Wings?
                                Fuck off
                                Dude... My nissan has like a v8, man.

Comment

Working...
                                X