Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I was gunna say, just make an offer at around 100k...

My mom is a realtor, you'd be surprised to see the lowballs that go through.
    - Kielan (Key-lin)

Comment

• yeah exactly what K says
      Floccinaucinihilipilification

Comment

• Originally posted by P78 View Post
        make them a 105K offer?
        Still too expensive I guess.

Ideally I don't really want to spend more than 85k. I want to keep it affordable so I can save some moneys up for car stuffs. lol

The Kia has been parted.

Comment

• i can c that

but isn't it better to spend an extra 15K on a house you really like

then buying a cheaper one so you can pimp your ride

Comment

i can c that

This. I'm willing to bet you'll live in the house longer than you'll have the car..
            - Kielan (Key-lin)

Comment

i can c that

Yeah, but right now there isn't a lot on the market I really like. I have seen a couple houses that are nice and in my price range, but I want to hold out a little more to see if there is anything else that comes on the market.

I'm trying to take advantage of a first time homebuyers program that would really make everything easily affordable. The only issue is the majority of the homes I like that are in my price range are in a flood zone and not covered under the program. It really sucks.

The Kia has been parted.

Comment

• Originally posted by andybob View Post
                Thanks Chris.

What do you use to seal them back together with?
                Usually, if you're careful pulling them apart, the factory glue is enough to re-seal.

I forget the name of the stuff I have at home, but I have a roll of "sealant" that's like a rope. I'll check it when I get home later.
                Originally posted by andybob View Post
                Still too expensive I guess.

Ideally I don't really want to spend more than 85k. I want to keep it affordable so I can save some moneys up for car stuffs. lol
                The bitterness of compromise is remembered long after that of a sweet price.

But seriously, we budgeted $150K for a home. Somehow we ended up spending $165k.

BB6 Prelude . . E36 ///M3 . . VA WRX Limited . . 1969 Nova
                Originally posted by Ollie
                We all love to turn heads. Sub-consciously we're all materialistic attention-craving dickheads.

Comment

• taht's reasonable chris

i dread the day that i'm gonna start housesearching again

us houses are waaaaay cheaper tho, or maybe i just live in an expensive neighbourhood

Comment

• I kinda don't want a house, I don't think it fits my lifestyle well (who knows how that will change), I'd rather have a nice apartment, and rent a garage or something out with a few friends that we could work in and do car stuff away from the house, if that makes sense.
                    - Kielan (Key-lin)

Comment

• Originally posted by MommysLittleMonster View Post
                      Usually, if you're careful pulling them apart, the factory glue is enough to re-seal.

I forget the name of the stuff I have at home, but I have a roll of "sealant" that's like a rope. I'll check it when I get home later.
                      Thanks.

Originally posted by MommysLittleMonster View Post
                      The bitterness of compromise is remembered long after that of a sweet price.

But seriously, we budgeted $150K for a home. Somehow we ended up spending $165k.
                      The bank pre-approved me for an 80k loan. It's a little lower than I'd like, but because of my 40k in school loans I need to pay back, that's what it is.

The homebuyers program gives me a 15k grant, so I'd really like to stay around the 80k mark so I am only borrowing 65-70k.

The Kia has been parted.

Comment

• Originally posted by andybob View Post
                        Yeah, but right now there isn't a lot on the market I really like. I have seen a couple houses that are nice and in my price range, but I want to hold out a little more to see if there is anything else that comes on the market.

I'm trying to take advantage of a first time homebuyers program that would really make everything easily affordable. The only issue is the majority of the homes I like that are in my price range are in a flood zone and not covered under the program. It really sucks.
                        Now is about when the market is as hot as it's gonna get. End of May, early June is when people start moving- kids are out of school, summer is around to allow for more time off and easier moving days, etc.
                        We all love to turn heads. Sub-consciously we're all materialistic attention-craving dickheads.

Comment

taht's reasonable chris

i dread the day that i'm gonna start housesearching again

us houses are waaaaay cheaper tho, or maybe i just live in an expensive neighbourhood
                          Now is a buyer's market too. We got lucky- our APR for the loan is only 3.5%
                          Originally posted by Kielan View Post
                          I kinda don't want a house, I don't think it fits my lifestyle well (who knows how that will change), I'd rather have a nice apartment, and rent a garage or something out with a few friends that we could work in and do car stuff away from the house, if that makes sense.
                          I thought that once. Then you realize that you can't do much in an apartment- it's not your place, so doing something as small as changing a faucet or a sink is up the the land lord. I'm over it. I'm ready for my own place where I can do what the fuck I please.
                          Originally posted by andybob View Post
                          Thanks.
                          The bank pre-approved me for an 80k loan. It's a little lower than I'd like, but because of my 40k in school loans I need to pay back, that's what it is.

The homebuyers program gives me a 15k grant, so I'd really like to stay around the 80k mark so I am only borrowing 65-70k.
                          You're at a price point where you can comfortably afford it by yourself, though. Your school loans are what probably killed you- banks see other debt and get wary as to who you'll pay off.

I walked into our loan with almost no debt (a few hundred on a credit card) and a solid credit score, they basically threw money at me to get a mortgage. Granted, I paid off school as I went because tuition was cheap and I worked full-time on top of it.

Comment

Now is a buyer's market too. We got lucky- our APR for the loan is only 3.5%

You're at a price point where you can comfortably afford it by yourself, though. Your school loans are what probably killed you- banks see other debt and get wary as to who you'll pay off.

I walked into our loan with almost no debt (a few hundred on a credit card) and a solid credit score, they basically threw money at me to get a mortgage. Granted, I paid off school as I went because tuition was cheap and I worked full-time on top of it.
                            Yeah. I have a friend that is willing to rent from me for a couple years and my brother wants to live with me as well, that would make it super easy to afford the mortgage and all the other utilities.

In a couple years I will hopefully be outside working as a phone tech which is a huge pay bump ($20+ an hour with OT) which will make everything even better. Even if I'm still in my current position, I'll be at like $18 an hour or so.

The Kia has been parted.

Comment

• Doesn't seem too bad. That's, what, $36k a year?

Comment

Doesn't seem too bad. That's, what, $36k a year?
                                Somewhere around there.

Top pay at my current position is $22 an hour but I'm 3 years away from that. lol

Tech roll in the deep though. My cousin is a tech and makes like $32 an hour. On top of that he said he made over 10k last year in OT.

Sweet jesus, the amount of house stuff and car stuff I could have with that money.

The Kia has been parted.

Comment

Working...
                                X