This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by andybob View Post
    Yeah, that must have been pretty shitty.

East coast has some terrible roads. I was under my car the other day doing an oil change and this winter I scraped a lot of shit. I've almost worn through my flex pipe. lol
    Thats the reason i **** flex pipes in horizonal sections of the exhaust, just more places for an exhaust leak
    Drinking Enthusiast with a Car Problem

Comment

• Originally posted by Dudermagee View Post
      It was kind of funny, trip down there was awesome till we hit the NY border.
      The ride back was frightening.

Damn. I'm going to try and do a nice custom tucked setup when I do the LSX swap.
      Put the flex pipe in the vertical section like i have, similar to this

Comment

• Originally posted by Dudermagee View Post
        It was kind of funny, trip down there was awesome till we hit the NY border.
        The ride back was frightening.

Damn. I'm going to try and do a nice custom tucked setup when I do the LSX swap.
        Since my plan is to buy a house this year I think next year I'm gonna do an exhaust in the spring. Headers all the way back and I want to try an tuck it up as high as possible.

Also want to widen my wheels, get shorter coilover bodies for the front, and do a frame notch for my tie rod ends.

Once all that's done I just want to keep the car going as long as possible so I can start another project. I'm hoping within the next 2 years I can pick up an FRS/BRZ and work on one of those.

The Kia has been parted.

Comment

Since my plan is to buy a house this year I think next year I'm gonna do an exhaust in the spring. Headers all the way back and I want to try an tuck it up as high as possible.

Also want to widen my wheels, get shorter coilover bodies for the front, and do a frame notch for my tie rod ends.

Once all that's done I just want to keep the car going as long as possible so I can start another project. I'm hoping within the next 2 years I can pick up an FRS/BRZ and work on one of those.
          Wouldn't it be easier to do a roll center spaced tie rod setup instead of notching the frame?

Comment

• Originally posted by 180roman View Post
            Wouldn't it be easier to do a roll center spaced tie rod setup instead of notching the frame?
            I honestly don't know what that is. lol

The Kia has been parted.

Comment

• Can't wait to see this thing <3

Comment

I honestly don't know what that is. lol
                Space the tie rod end downward from the knuckle to create more clearance

Comment

• Also this NASCAR V8 powered FT86 will be drfting this weekend too, as well as daigo Saito in his 2JZ powered FT86

Comment

Space the tie rod end downward from the knuckle to create more clearance
                    The tie rods mount on the top of the knuckle.

I would have to machine a taper into the knuckle to mount them from the bottom...

The Kia has been parted.

Comment

The tie rods mount on the top of the knuckle.

I would have to machine a taper into the knuckle to mount them from the bottom...
                      can either do that or cut and shut knuckles with flipped tie rod end mounts, so they fit from the bottom

Comment

can either do that or cut and shut knuckles with flipped tie rod end mounts, so they fit from the bottom
                        The notch wouldn't be that hard though. I just don't have a plasma cutter or welder otherwise I'd do it myself.

The Kia has been parted.

Comment

The notch wouldn't be that hard though. I just don't have a plasma cutter or welder otherwise I'd do it myself.
                          Well i don't know the rules about chassis modifications in the US, so i was just considering ways to avoid modifying the chassis and instead modify the replaceable components.

Comment

Can't wait to see this thing <3

It sounds unreal, just wish he was a better drifter. It looks unreal in person though.
                            - Kielan (Key-lin)

Comment

• And I'm off to distribute some Australian Drifting GP and Formula Drift flyers and posters to some shops.

Comment

Well i don't know the rules about chassis modifications in the US, so i was just considering ways to avoid modifying the chassis and instead modify the replaceable components.
                                I have my new york state inspectors license and there isn't anything against frame modification in the law. As long as the frame isn't rusted through, you're good to go.

The Kia has been parted.

Comment

Working...
                                X