Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• but to encourage a nation to abandon savings and invest, is dangerous. what that does, is make everyone literally dependent

Comment

• how much faith are you willing to put in a company that could care less about you?

Comment

• yes, let us lease our cars, rent our homes, pay with credit or imaginary money, throw anything away that breaks, and then expect full security. Unwilling to realize that we literally sold ourselves into slavery and complete vulnerability.

Comment

• and how fitting, that we are molding young minds to believe in virtual reality as much as physical reality

Comment

• we are literally strengthening children's understanding of virtual/fantasy worlds, and weakening their understanding of the real world

Comment

• taking away skills and knowledge that used to keep them grounded. Physical Education classes, wood shop, basic handy-man skills, male and female roles, social intelligence, manners, self-actualization, etc etc etc

Comment

• literally creating a race that is increasingly EQUAL. equal in gender, equal in financial standing, equal in society, equal in rights, equal in abilities, equal in all.... and by the same token, special in nothing

Comment

• the castrated man. with no reason to fight, and no mental capacity to see why he should.

Comment

• perfect for the digital age, where they will easily be able to create virtual identities where they are strong, confident, sexy, successful, and all of the other things they can no longer dream to achieve in the real world which by then, will be a sorry state

Comment

• and the only thing that keeps everyone complacent and blind, is time. time, and the comfort of inventions that make real struggles of the human experience, easier.

Comment

• Comment

• I did my best to notice
                          When the call came down the line
                          Up to the platform of surrender
                          I was broad but I was kind
                          And sometimes I get nervous
                          When I see an open door
                          Close your eyes
                          Clear your heart

Pay my respects to grace and virtue
                          Send my condolences to good
                          Give my regards to soul and romance
                          They always did the best they could
                          And so long to devotion
                          You taught me everything I know
                          Wave goodbye
                          Wish me well

Will your system be alright
                          When you dream of home tonight?
                          There is no message we're receiving
                          Let me know is your heart still beating?

Are we human?
                          Or are we dancer?
                          My sign is vital
                          My hands are cold
                          And I'm on my knees
                          Looking for the answer
                          You got to let me know

Comment

• Always wondered what the lyrics meant, "are we dancer"

----“It’s taken from a quote by [author Hunter S.] Thompson. … ’We’re raising a generation of dancers,’ and I took it and ran. I guess it bothers people that it’s not grammatically correct, but I think I’m allowed to do whatever I want,” he laughed. ” ’Denser’? I hadn’t heard that one. I don’t like ’denser.’ ” (Killers' Brandon Flowers Stands Behind 'Human' Chorus, Feathery Jacket)

So I looked up more of Hunter's actual quote, and

----"America is raising a generation of dancers, afraid to take one step out of line." -Hunter Thompson

I hope to someday hear/read the whole conversation that the (above) quote was taken out of, but I believe it speaks for itself, even alone.

Comment

• i'm no revolutionary but i'm sad to see this country go to ruin at the hands of confused children

Comment

• thats the other thing. children no longer take advice, and adults are too scared to give it

Comment

Working...
                                X