Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• got to pop a few wheelies on a drz400 and bought a stand up tool chest for the garage

Comment

• anybody know who makes the engine in the 2017 Jaguar XE 20d Diesel?

Comment

• 3/8" socket organizer ordered

Comment

• really wanna be in the garage building the shelf that will complete the workbench area

Comment

• so im watching a movie downstairs last night, keep hearing a noise/tap

keep ignoring till movie over and im about to leave

decide to investigate

blown brass valve on plumbing is pissing water all over the wall and floor is flooded

Comment

• what automaker is ready to pay me to test drive their brand new cars for them?

Comment

• bmw, mercedes, audi, land rover, alfa romeo, jaguar, i am taking applications

Comment

• my reviews are guaranteed to be short, ungrateful, blunt, and devoid of any in-depth technical analysis

Comment

• and Lord have mercy on you if anything goes wrong while i am driving the car

Comment

• the local used car market is in a sad state

Comment

• glad not to be needing to buy anything right now

Comment

• gonna try to get into the 40mpg league next year tho

Comment

• Originally posted by Miroteknik View Post
                            anybody know who makes the engine in the 2017 Jaguar XE 20d Diesel?
                            The engine is made and developed by Jaguar, if you baby them they are fine, if you go to town,
                            they last maybe 15k, maybe 35k...
                            Replaced 5 this year.., mostly oil starvation, they have a variable oil pump that reduces oil preasure when you cruise
                            for better fuel economy.., that's the main thing if you ask me...

The engines are loud as fuck, loud as in it sounds like a handful of rock goes around in the head...

If you ask me, stay away if you want to keep your sanity.

If you want a good daily, the XF sedan or wagon up to 2015 (X250) with the 3.0D is the way to go.
                            Good power, no real problems besides sometimes valvecover leaks. Only downside is the rear main seal leaks if you
                            drive them hard. The engine is made by PSA, the transmission is a ZF unit...

Comment

• What color is your Insight gonna be?

In all seriusness i considered buying a used hybrid or e car...
                              The wagon gets 27ish mpg if i want, more like 23 if you drive like you should...
                              For my comute of 25 mls.., it would make sense...

Comment

• Originally posted by OrangeBlue View Post
                                The engine is made and developed by Jaguar, if you baby them they are fine, if you go to town,
                                they last maybe 15k, maybe 35k...
                                Replaced 5 this year.., mostly oil starvation, they have a variable oil pump that reduces oil preasure when you cruise
                                for better fuel economy.., that's the main thing if you ask me...

The engines are loud as fuck, loud as in it sounds like a handful of rock goes around in the head...

If you ask me, stay away if you want to keep your sanity.

If you want a good daily, the XF sedan or wagon up to 2015 (X250) with the 3.0D is the way to go.
                                Good power, no real problems besides sometimes valvecover leaks. Only downside is the rear main seal leaks if you
                                drive them hard. The engine is made by PSA, the transmission is a ZF unit...
                                damn dude, solid info. will definitely stay away. the review i read also mentioned how loud they were, and that the vibration could be felt in the seat and steering wheel lol

i mostly just saw 40mpg and since i rather like the look of that generation, thought i'd look into it.

love the xf, test drove one last year. will not be buying though. too expensive and a waste considering the wear i put on a car in a year

Comment

Working...
                                X