Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• as a planner, i **** it when things randomly come together last minute.

Comment

• kinda want this for snowboard bro trips

Comment

• got pulled over last night for headlight out

Comment

• and i got HID so its either the ballast or the bulb. luckily, i got spares of both

Comment

• cop pulls me over, im instantly trippin even tho sober, no guns, wasnt speeding (driving record is rather decorated)

walks over, young, face like a pitbull, obv looking to assert dominance, shining LED 999,666,999 candlepower torch into my eyes

-cop1- "hey BUDDY, reason i pulled you over is cause your headlight is out"

-me- (nervously high pitched) "oh REALLY? MY GOSH, GEE I AM SO SORRY >SDFLKSNDFLKSDF"

-cop1- "yeah ok lets see that licence and registration"

-me- "....yes sir" (cop is my age lol) while stumbling around for insurance that isnt expired, he sees i'm legit and says he'll be back. in the meantime backup arrives lol. i try to avoid looking in the rear view, so was startled when suddenly, LED TORCHES channelling retina-melting, vampire disintegrating light hit me FROM BOTH SIDES OF THE CAR. his idiot's shorter cop friend with even more to prove is hitting me with the power of the sun through the driver side window. i roll that window down, assuming this asshole has something to say as well,,......

-cop2- "NO! DONT LOOK AT ME, LOOK OVER THERE" (pointing to the original officer on the passenger side"

-me- lolwtfcopter.... "oh sorry..."

-cop1 - "ok so you check out fine here, so I'm gonna let you go with a warning"

-me- (lol gee thanks, I was fully prepared to be sent to prison for this atrocious crime)

-cop2- (zeus with his glaring lightning rod in my face) "........."

-me- "ok thanks officer, and sorry i'll have it fixed tomorrow"

-cop1&2- simultaneously shut off their fog-clearing laser-amplified ultraviolet heat lamps, and back up to their cop cars, as my singed and smoking facial hair smolders with a pungent hiss

-me- drive off carefully, cautiously, knowing i was being micro-analysed as i pulled away. i felt like i had just endured an interrogation for treason at Guantanamo bay, knowing... it was all for the the good of the people. the world was safe, thanks to those two officers.

Comment

• tbh was rather disappointed with the pussy i became at the sight of flashing lights and uniforms

Comment

• PTSD flashbacks smh

Comment

• Got the timing belts done on the Ducati. Super fuckinrg nervous that I’d jumped the timing somehow, but I put it all back together for a quick ride and it seemed fine. So I’m saying it’s good.
                  Ol Dirty Bastard - RIP

Photo by Alex Dooley
                  2016 Ducati Scrambler, 2015 Subaru Impreza

Comment

• was low key worried i left something in the glove compartment when i was rifling for paperwork too

Comment

• Originally posted by theseeker411 View Post
                      Got the timing belts done on the Ducati. Super fuckinrg nervous that I’d jumped the timing somehow, but I put it all back together for a quick ride and it seemed fine. So I’m saying it’s good.
                      to this day i have never done a timing belt

from what ive been told, if you put it on wrong, it blows the engine, bends all valves, and basically kys

Comment

• by the time i learn how to do anything internal on an engine, everyone will be on EV self-driving cars

Comment

• bye losers imma go pick up bicycles for all the little boys and girls

Comment

• Originally posted by Miroteknik View Post
                            to this day i have never done a timing belt

from what ive been told, if you put it on wrong, it blows the engine, bends all valves, and basically kys
                            Yeah. Ducati engines are all interference, so fuck it up and valves smash into the pistons.

I did the valve adjustment by myself in my garage. Wasn't as bad as I expected. Taking the gas tank off was the worst part of it.
                            Ol Dirty Bastard - RIP

Photo by Alex Dooley
                            2016 Ducati Scrambler, 2015 Subaru Impreza

Comment

• how often do you have to adjust valves?

can you just wait till you hear valve noise, or is that a bad method lol

Comment

• damn it, shitcoin back up to 4k

Comment

Working...
                                X