Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• car builds snowball. you get the wheels, but they need coils. then you have it dropped but the wheels are shinier than the car, so you gotta paint the car. then the car is pimpin but your power doesnt back it up. so you start building the engine. by the time its kind of fast, you're used to how the car looks, and lets be honest, wheels only last a season. so every season, you have to keep getting new sets.

so you can update your thread.

so someone can say something.

so you can feel like somebody.

and as soon as the comments end, you know deep down,

its time for another $3000 set of wheels.

Comment

• all of this, for the attention and respect of people you've never met, for seconds out of their day.

Comment

• I just do what I think looks cool haha, idgaf about opinions as long as I like everything I've done to it.
        2 328i e36's
        Saabaru linear 2.5na
        Various projects.
        sigpic
        Intro;
        http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...19#post1598619

Comment

• opinions often contain good advice we dont want to accept

i just mostly have a problem spending hard-earned money on things with a short-lived return in happiness

Comment

• Miro on a roll this morning
            - Kielan (Key-lin)

Comment

• for example, i thought the hole in my hood was "cool"

but that was honestly because of how much my "swap" meant to me. I loved seeing my engine in there, because for so long, it was a ugly, junky mess of wires and rusty exhaust manifolds. when i got the engine prettied up, all i wanted to do is stare at it and marvel at the change that had taken place, and that finally, I had done something I could be proud of. because of this, my swap means more to me than your average internet surfer.

to them, the engine choice is a mistake to start with, it isnt an LSX. second, they dont care where i started and how it looks now, they gloss over the hundreds of hours i spent figuring out how to make the swap work. to them, its just 2 words on a page. "V8 Swap". so to them, its stupid i have a hole in my hood, and am showcasing something I am personally proud of. they want to see what is important to them, which is a regular/vented/whatever hood.

i realize this, and am kind of over the novelty of the swap, so i am finally ready for a normal hood as well. and even though people's comments on my hood initially bugged me, I see now that in a way, they were right all along.

ignoring majority opinion can lead a person down a highly isolated life.

Comment

• I really only have two friends in SD, (one of which is my roommate) which sucks and I'm trying to fix that, just for sake of variety and having more to do. I go up to OC like every weekend, which is fun and all but I'd like to be more "established" down here, and it's hard to do that if I'm not here lol.
                - Kielan (Key-lin)

Comment

• I think the hood looks badass, let them know it's not a rotary, even parked.

Put some Plexiglass in that hole and seal it. It'll be like a trophy case.
                  2 328i e36's
                  Saabaru linear 2.5na
                  Various projects.
                  sigpic
                  Intro;
                  http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...19#post1598619

Comment

• Originally posted by Kielan View Post
                    I really only have two friends in SD, (one of which is my roommate) which sucks and I'm trying to fix that, just for sake of variety and having more to do. I go up to OC like every weekend, which is fun and all but I'd like to be more "established" down here, and it's hard to do that if I'm not here lol.
                    you still riding a lot? ever offer to take girls for rides?

back when i had my bike, the only thing i ever told girls was:

"hey babe, why the long face? name's Tyler, i ride motorcycles. how about we go for a ride sometime?"

(insert 90's closing scene theme music with setting sun"

Originally posted by Quillhill36 View Post
                    I think the hood looks badass, let them know it's not a rotary, even parked.

Put some Plexiglass in that hole and seal it. It'll be like a trophy case.
                    this was the original plan but i'm over my fantasy.

time for a real hood

Comment

• Originally posted by Miroteknik View Post
                      you still riding a lot? ever offer to take girls for rides?

back when i had my bike, the only thing i ever told girls was:

"hey babe, why the long face? name's Tyler, i ride motorcycles. how about we go for a ride sometime?"

(insert 90's closing scene theme music with setting sun"
                      Lol, I've been riding more frequently. I haven't gone 2 up on the Daytona yet, I am supposed to give this one girl a ride, but we'll see if that ever actually happens lol.

I do need to meet some more riding friends, I haven't gone on a real ride since getting out here and I'm starting to wonder why I bought the Daytona if all I do is commute and highway ride on it. Need to fix that fast.
                      - Kielan (Key-lin)

Comment

• Sup guys. Survived the fires lol.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kielan View Post
                          Lol, I've been riding more frequently. I haven't gone 2 up on the Daytona yet, I am supposed to give this one girl a ride, but we'll see if that ever actually happens lol.

I do need to meet some more riding friends, I haven't gone on a real ride since getting out here and I'm starting to wonder why I bought the Daytona if all I do is commute and highway ride on it. Need to fix that fast.
                          right on dude, never forget why you originally fell in love with things. it always helps me to remind myself of that

Originally posted by Jlyons617 View Post
                          Sup guys. Survived the fires lol.
                          ayyyyyee been a minute

Comment

• Yeah, went for another fire, and my father in law passed away. Getting back to it though.

Comment

• arizona?

Comment

• Nah, I was in Utah, 70 mi south of Salt lake.

Comment

Working...
                                X